- January 16, 2020: Basecamp 34 Update #1
- Eaves checks in with the news that Yuridia, one of Basecamp 34’s resident adepts, has finally sensed the last of “free magic” disappearing from our world.
- January 21, 2020: Saberlane proposes using Avis Green’s aliquary
- As the last remaining piece of magic available to the Mountaineers, Saberlane proposes using the aliquary as a kind of “Wellspring” to jumpstart the Book of Briars.
- February 1, 2020: The Mountaineers Cast the Wellspring Spell
- By sharing a figuration and an object of focus with an agreed-upon incantation, the Mountaineers individually cast the Wellspring all over the globe, with Saberlane casting with the aliquary in the Ackerly Green office.
- The Book of Briars comments on the forum.
- February 3, 2020: Saberlane is Gone
- Saberlane is nowhere to be found after casting the Wellspring. The Mountaineers learn that he had been experiencing “memories of the future” for some time and had been able to foresee his fate enough to reassure his family that he would be back someday, but the Mountaineers are meant to carry on without him in the meantime.
- February 3, 2020: JDobner
- A new user, who works for a psychiatric hospital, posts to the forum claiming they have a patient obsessively apologizing and repeatedly writing the word “magiq.” After some brief questioning, the Mountaineers determine the patient is Brandon Lachmann’s childhood friend, Sacha.
- February 6, 2020: Basecamp 34 Update #2
- Eaves writes that the other adepts at BC34 have begun feeling remnants of their powers like a phantom limb. They have reason to believe the protections around the Guide to Magiq are still up and have discovered the historical name for the castle where they have taken residence, which roughly translates to “Lion’s Heart.”
- February 10, 2020: Sacha & Mrs. Lachmann
- Jonah is able to contact Susan Lachmann and bring her to the facility to meet with Sacha.
- Part One of The Book of Briars is released.
- February 20, 2020: Ilya stumbled through the woods
- The Book of Briars creates a new thread and posts a set of coordinates, which leads to an unfinished obelisk in Aswan, Egypt. Two more sets of foreign coordinates, each with a connection to a specific location in New York where an ancient artifact has been hidden, are revealed over the course of the next two weeks.
- March 2, 2020: Eaves Checks In
- Eaves relays a recent conversation with Martin Rank, in which Marty reveals his role in the above mystery as part of a joint effort with Lauren to discover how the rules of magic have changed in this new age.
- March 2, 2020: Part Two
- Part Two of The Book of Briars is released.
- March 17, 2020: Basecamp 34 Update #3
- Eaves checks in with news that Port and Yuri are able to begin tapping into their powers again. Port has been getting pieces of sensory information from the futures of four people around the world and begins to see people visiting secret shrines in Mexico City and St. Petersburg.
- March 25, 2020: Part Three A
- Part Three A of The Book of Briars is released.