Eaves helped relay the Mountaineers’ suggestions of French chateaux to Alison while continuing to work on renovating Lion’s Heart, including replanting the gardens after a mudslide, discovering the remnants of old stone walls, and finally training the castle to accept light bulbs.
After a week of research and exploration, Alison finally arrived at the Château de Condé and found her mother, unlocking Part 4A of The Book of Briars. To read Part 4A and all of the preceding chapters, you can pre-order The Book of Briars here and have them delivered to your inbox.
- August 13, 2020: Château de Condé
- After visiting Château de Chantilly earlier in the week and feeling a faint resonance, the Mountaineers found a connection between the art museum there—Musée Condé—and another nearby chateau, the Château de Condé. Early Thursday morning, Alison wrote back that it was the place she had been looking for, and that her mother was there when she arrived.
- July 22, 2020: A Message for the Mountaineers
- Alison has been using Yuridia’s meditation techniques to tap into her ancestral memories, but they’re not as strong as they once were. She’s trying to use her memories to locate a specific house in France with a connection to Anne of Brittany, because she believes that’s where she will find her mother, Knatz. She needs to find the house soon and hopes that the Mountaineers can help.
- July 30, 2020: On the Right Track
- Alison gives additional clues to help the Mountaineers narrow down the location of the ancestral home where she believes she will find her mother. She also reveals the secret of her pregnancy, which explains why it’s so important to her that she is able to reach her mom sooner rather than later.