Activity Forums The Hall of Hobbies Crafters’ Castle Craft Court Hangout

• Craft Court Hangout

Posted by Viviane on March 31, 2020 at 2:01 pm

This is the continuation of the Court of Grandmothers thread discussion about doing a virtual crafter’s hangout (potentially more than one if the first goes well) for those of us working on yarn, needlecraft, or other projects that enable chatting while stuck inside. CJ and Catherine have graciously offered the use of Ackerly Green Zoom account so that we aren’t time restricted (thanks, y’all!) so the next step would be to pick out some times!

I figured it would be better to offer some specific options up front rather than do a general poll, so without further ado, here are some times for later this week (in Eastern Daylight time, so calculate accordingly). I would expect a hangout to last for a few hours, and people can pop in and out as suits their fancy. I also picked these times somewhat arbitrarily because they work for me and I’d be free to host for several hours, but I certainly don’t have to host, so if none of these dates/times work well for you, feel free to suggest others in the thread.

• Thursday, April 2 @ 4 pm
    • Thursday, April 2 @ 8 pm
    • Saturday, April 4 @ 10 am
    • Saturday, April 4 @ 2 pm
    • Saturday, April 4 @ 6 pm
    • None of these work for me

voters

alexandra-weissberg replied 2 years, 6 months ago 14 Members · 55 Replies
  • 55 Replies
  • Ashburn

March 31, 2020 at 2:59 pm

I picked two, but could honestly make any of them the way things are going. :sweat_smile:

• Sellalellen

March 31, 2020 at 4:06 pm

My group does dnd on Saturday at 4.

• EternalHearts

March 31, 2020 at 7:00 pm

I really wish I could join this, but my toddler barely lets me do the video chats required for work. :cry:

• Viviane

March 31, 2020 at 7:23 pm

Aww! Totally understandable; do whatever you’re comfortable with. Feel free to just pop in for a few minutes to say hi, if you like!

• Connielass

March 31, 2020 at 10:31 pm

My cousins are trying to arrange a Skype time on Saturday, but other than that I’m completely open.

• Viviane

April 2, 2020 at 3:28 am

Hey guys – I’ve closed the poll for this round. Let’s plan on this Saturday at 2 pm Eastern this time around, and we can look at other days and times in the future to include those who can’t make it this time. Sound like a plan?

• Kallisti

April 2, 2020 at 2:04 pm

adds to calendar Will the link be posted in this thread?

• Sellalellen

April 2, 2020 at 5:02 pm

This thread seems like a good place for it.

• Viviane

April 2, 2020 at 5:13 pm

Yes! Check back here for the info to join on Saturday.

• Tinker

April 3, 2020 at 12:55 am

Very excited!!!

• Connielass

April 4, 2020 at 3:52 pm

Wish I could make it today, but family facetime is at the same time. Hope for another time!

• Catherine

April 4, 2020 at 5:51 pm

Okay I think this should work for 2pm!

https://zoom.us/j/578247778

• Catherine

April 4, 2020 at 6:02 pm

And we’re live! Come hang!

• Sapphire

April 4, 2020 at 6:14 pm

Eek I got time conversion wrong.

I’m just making dinner and will be on in about an hour if people are still about…

• Viviane

April 4, 2020 at 6:15 pm

Probably will! Feel free to drop in via link whenever you’re available. :slight_smile:

• josephinekelly

April 4, 2020 at 6:36 pm

I’m technically “working” from home today, but with very little to do. I’m more in papercraft mode today, but I may drop in once I’m through my emails!

• Viviane

April 4, 2020 at 7:21 pm

We’re still here if people want to join!

• Tinker

April 4, 2020 at 8:46 pm

Is this still going?

• Viviane

April 4, 2020 at 8:46 pm

Yes, jump in if you want!

• Tinker

April 4, 2020 at 10:36 pm

:cjheart: :cjheart: :cjheart:

• Sapphire

April 4, 2020 at 10:39 pm

Thanks guys, really enjoyed this evening (afternoon for most of you :stuck_out_tongue: ). Looking forward to next time :cjheart:

• grace-nessen

April 4, 2020 at 10:55 pm

We should definitely do it again when I’m not constantly stopping my cat from licking herself bald! Maybe then I can actually talk with you guys; although I had a great time just creeping on the rest of you anyway haha!

• alexandra-weissberg

April 7, 2020 at 2:15 pm

I missed this round bc life happened- any chance theres gonna be another one ?

• Ashburn

April 7, 2020 at 2:16 pm

Not sure when, but there will definitely be more hangouts!

• Viviane

May 4, 2020 at 6:23 pm

Any interest in doing another one of these sometime in the coming week or two? People can suggest specific times if they want, otherwise I’ll just throw up another poll, I guess.

• Sellalellen

May 4, 2020 at 6:45 pm

I’d love to do another!

• Catherine

May 4, 2020 at 7:01 pm

Yesss I would hop on!! I just started a new project!

• Sapphire

May 4, 2020 at 7:46 pm

I’d be game time depending :slight_smile:

• grace-nessen

May 4, 2020 at 9:46 pm

It’s currently finals season for me so I don’t have a project ongoing at the moment, but I’d love to hang out regardless!

• CJB

Administrator
    May 5, 2020 at 1:21 am

If I can swing the time, I’d love to join in. It will give me time to focus on my amigurumi.

• Sellalellen

May 7, 2020 at 6:42 pm

you’re making amigurumi? that’s so cool! they’re some of my favourite crochet projects.

• Viviane

May 15, 2020 at 1:04 am

Let the polling for a second convening of the Magimystic Craft Court commence!

• Saturday, May 16 @2pm
    • Sunday, May 17 @2pm
    • Monday, May 18 @6pm
    • Tuesday, May 19 @6pm
    • None of these times work for me

voters

Times are set up around my work schedule, so if people who are available earlier wanted to host on Monday or Tuesday, feel free to volunteer. (Last time this went for more than four hours, so even if you think you’ve missed it, check in!)

• Sapphire

May 15, 2020 at 10:26 am

Which time zone?

• Ashburn

May 15, 2020 at 1:33 pm

Eastern US.

• Catherine

May 15, 2020 at 1:56 pm

Oh no I voted for everything thinking I was being helpful and then realized everyone has so far voted for everything :woman_facepalming:

Actually tho time has no meaning for me anymore so I can help you guys get it started whenever and pass off hosting responsibilities if and when I have to dip out!

• Sapphire

May 15, 2020 at 2:05 pm

I voted for the 2pm slots.

Works out as 7pm UK time so I don’t fall asleep on the call. :sleeping:

• Ashburn

May 15, 2020 at 2:26 pm

I only voted for the Sunday (silly work schedule).

• Connielass

May 15, 2020 at 7:43 pm

Every other Sunday has been reserved for family time, and it happens to fall on this coming Sunday. The only objection I have to 6pm US Eastern, is that it’s so late for our European contingent.

• Sapphire

May 15, 2020 at 8:52 pm

I turn into a zombie around 5/6pm EST

If everyone else can do that time, go for it!

I’ll try to stay up and say hi, but I won’t be around for long

• Viviane

May 15, 2020 at 11:25 pm

I mean. I’m very behind on my sewing and happy to show up more than once, so we could do one afternoon and one evening? Saturday and Tuesday maybe? (I’m an idiot and didn’t set the voting to public, and now I can’t change it, so I can’t see how much overlap there is on each day.)

• Connielass

May 16, 2020 at 3:23 pm

So is there anyone around to initiate today at 2?

Right now I’m seeing 80% each for Mon/Tue 6pm. 60% for today and tomorrow at 2pm

• Viviane

May 16, 2020 at 5:29 pm

Sorry guys, was on a call with my mom. XD We need someone from the AG office to start the Zoom meeting, and I don’t think I’ve given them enough notice…And I think we have one more person for Sunday, too.

Would tomorrow work? @Catherine would you be able to start up a Zoom for us then?

• Catherine

May 18, 2020 at 1:01 pm

Ah I’m so sorry I dropped the ball on this guys! I’m not around on the forums as much on the weekends and am just now seeing this. I’m happy to set things up for this weekend or sometime this week as long as I know ahead of time!! Let me know if another day works for everyone.

• Viviane

May 18, 2020 at 8:52 pm

No problem! I got busy with other things and forgot to follow up anyway, soooo…lol.

I think tomorrow evening (Tuesday) was popular – we could do that and then arrange something else this upcoming weekend for those on time zones or work schedules that don’t allow for Tuesday evening?

• oraclesage

May 18, 2020 at 7:13 am

may not be able to make this next one, but I’d love to join in soon. Seems finals are finally, she says with hope and a little fear, slowing down. Officially ending this week. Once that’s over I think I’ll pick up some old scarf projects because… ya know… never too early to be thinking about fall.

• Catherine

May 18, 2020 at 8:55 pm

I could set it up tomorrow and possibly hang for a bit! I’m getting close to finishing my current project!

• Connielass

May 18, 2020 at 9:58 pm

I’ve been doing so much sewing…

Edit: I ordered more interfacing. The package arrived packed up so tight that I don’t know how to open it without accidentally ripping into the interfacing inside :neutral_face:

• grace-nessen

May 19, 2020 at 9:49 pm

Are we still planning on hanging out at 6pm this evening?

• Viviane

May 19, 2020 at 9:57 pm

I’m around, although I don’t know that I’ll be able to stay as late as last time. @Catherine, are you able to start something up for us?

• Viviane

May 19, 2020 at 10:06 pm

We could also just start a free Zoom call and re-start every 40 minutes that we’re around…

• grace-nessen

May 19, 2020 at 10:12 pm

There’s also that! Do you want to start it, because I might have to leave early (parents have been really intense about family movie nights lately haha), and I wouldn’t want the whole thing to end because of that.

• Viviane

May 19, 2020 at 10:17 pm

Try this link, see if it works!

• Catherine

May 20, 2020 at 1:36 pm

I’m so sorry I missed this again!! I think I had just logged off for the day when you guys hopped on (to save my sanity and my rapidly declining eyesight, I’m usually mostly done with screens for the day around 5:30 ET unless I know to look out for something).

I’m going to look into the Zoom permissions today to see if I can somehow give scheduling access to whoever is available to start if I’m not there and get back to you guys!!

• Catherine

May 20, 2020 at 4:48 pm

Okay! So it looks like it’s possible to enable a “join before host” option for a scheduled meeting so that as long as you guys have a link, you can hop on even if I’m not there so no one has to officially “start” the meeting and no one gets stuck in a waiting room.

I’ll still need to be able to schedule the meetings in advance, so I’d need to know about it by like 5pm ET at the latest if it’s going to be for that night, but I can also always schedule a bunch in advance and give you guys the links so you have options and you can hop on whenever you want! Will that work?

• alexandra-weissberg

May 20, 2020 at 6:07 pm

i also missed this last one (again le sigh ) But the idea of putting up a bunch and joining the ones we can sounds pretty good to me 😮

Activity Forums The Hall of Hobbies Crafters’ Castle Craft Court Hangout

You must be logged in to create new discussions.