Activity Forums The Hall of Hobbies Artists’ Aerie [CURRENTLY CLOSED] Let Me Draw You As a Fantasy Creature!

• [CURRENTLY CLOSED] Let Me Draw You As a Fantasy Creature!

Posted by SabineBean on June 7, 2019 at 3:57 pm

Okay, here we go… I’ve been a bit nervous about posting this since I struggle with big projects , but I’ve figured out a way to keep this simple enough that it works for me, and complex enough that it works for all of you! Here’s how it goes:

WHAT I WILL DO:

-draw a small sketch of you as a fantasy creature! Any fantasy race/creature of your choosing (though for my sake, don’t make me google anything scary or gory for references… I’m easily frightened) of any level of fantasy, from a classic vampire to Cthulhu itself, elves, ghosts, even specific fantasy races/creatures from specific books, games or movies, all are fine!

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU:

-A description/picture/both of you and the outfit you want your fantasy creature self to be wearing! Both is preferred, but I can work from either.

-The creature you want to be! If it’s something rare or specific, a source where I can get some references would also be nice.

-Two colours! One for the lines of the sketch, one for the background! I’ll post an example soon so you know what I mean.

-Patience! You’re all lovely and I’m sure you know – art takes time, and motivation (the latter of which I am very bad at managing…) but I will do my best to make sure these all get done! Obviously there might be differences in quality depending on many factors (how well I know the creatures I’m drawing, how I’m feeling, how much I’ve drawn that day, etc) but I will do my best!

I did already say I’d do a pocket sized Borrower-esque @Pocket so that’s first in my queue, but if you could still post in here the things I’ve mentioned above that’d be top notch :blossom:

:cherry_blossom: I look forward to drawing you all! :cherry_blossom:

SabineBean replied 2 years, 7 months ago 32 Members · 148 Replies
  • 148 Replies
  • Pocket

June 7, 2019 at 4:30 pm

This is amazing!! I can’t wait to see. Do you need a photo of me too? Let me pull some up… 1, 2, 3. Before anyone asks, I’m an actor, I have to have photos :stuck_out_tongue:

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 4:33 pm

@pocket thank you, fantastic! Can you also give me two colours and a description of what you’d like me to draw you wearing? Ofc we’ve got to have that classic backpack in there…

• Rowan

June 7, 2019 at 5:25 pm

So I definitely wear alot of black, my two colors would be Teal and Purple. And as Assassin’s Creed is a huge theme in my life j think my character having a hidden blade bracer and/or the peaked hood would be very fitting. I am an Ebenguard after all. I need my tools to protect the Golden Balance!

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 5:37 pm

@pocket you never gave me an outfit so I came up with one (half based on the photos you sent, half based on what I feel like a borrower would wear) but I do still need two colours! If you don’t pick I’ll give you my standard sketching colours (light purple lines and even lighter blue bg) if that’s okay?

@Rowan that’s a lovely look! I wear lots of black too. What kind of fantasy race/creature do you have in mind? I can definitely work with a cool hood and some hidden weapons!

• Pocket

June 7, 2019 at 5:39 pm

No worries! Sorry about my delay, literally whatever suits you / you think looks best :smiley:

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 5:50 pm

It’s alright!! Hope you like it! @pocket

• Tinker

June 7, 2019 at 5:52 pm

Oh my goodness this is adorable!!

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 5:52 pm

Thank you!! I’m glad, adorable is definitely what I was going for :blossom:

• Rimor

June 7, 2019 at 5:53 pm

Oh my goss that is amazing!!!

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 5:54 pm

Thank you so much!! <3 I had good inspiration :blossom:

• Rowan

June 7, 2019 at 5:46 pm

Honestly Human xD nothing too fancy for me!

• Pocket

June 7, 2019 at 5:57 pm

OHMIGOD look at him!!! Thank you so much!! That’s basically me on my way to teach a yoga class! :heart_eyes:

• Pocket

June 7, 2019 at 5:59 pm

Can I use him as my avatar?

• SabineBean

I’d be honoured! I’m so glad you like him, he’s all yours from hereon out! :cherry_blossom:

• Pocket

Thank you thank you thank you! :smile:

• Rowan

June 7, 2019 at 6:01 pm

That’s so cute!!!

I’m extremely excited to see more of your work!

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 6:04 pm

To make it a little easier, I’ve got a little list here to help people decide how to write their descriptions, just copy-paste and fill this out!

Appearance: (this is where you describe yourself or show a photo)

Fantasy race: (mention the fantasy race/creature you want to be here! I’m not here to draw y’all as humans, at least let me give you pointy ears or fangs!

Outfit: (describe or show pictures of the sort of outfit you want here! If you don’t want to do that, I’ll design something for you based on the creature/what I know about you)

Colours: (two colours! One for the background, one for the lines <3)

• Pocket

June 7, 2019 at 6:05 pm

Can’t wait to see what else you come up with :smiley:

• MadamePopova

June 9, 2019 at 12:48 am

This is amazing. You’re so talented. :heart_eyes:

If you plan on adding more, here’s mine!

Appearance:

No need for glasses.

Fantasy race : I’d like to be an oldschool witch , like medieval time, the kind that lives in the wood and minds her own business with plants and stuff. And her cat

You can definitely add pointy ears or fangs to make it more interesting for you! Or if you want something different, half-orc is nice too and a race I’d like to play in DnD.

Outfit: just a witchy outfit like long simple dress or anything that inspires you

Colours: Your regular colors are perfect.

• SabineBean

June 9, 2019 at 12:50 am

Now, I’m not amazing at drawing cats (or any animals, really) but I’ll do my best! Adding you to the queue @MadamePopova ! I love this kitty, by the way, and you’re very pretty too! :blossom:

• Matty

June 10, 2019 at 2:05 am

Appearance: !

56229239_10156012509147751_6797659655800619008_n|375×500

Fantasy race :I’ve always been drawn to witches, mages, sorcerers, and magick wielders. I’ve also always loves angels, or winged beings. I have always imagined part of my wings being made of fractal and spiritual light, as the power that my wings would draw from is my own spiritual energy and inner soul fire. And this would tie in with the “space in-between places” that Ebenguard is associated with.

Outfit: Obviously I can be a bit whimsical, random and wacky. With about 35% pure undistilled ‘psyco’ for good measure. :crazy_face:

Colours: Purple and gold!

Other notes I’ve thought of: Throughout my spiritual journey, I’ve identified with many people, characters, worlds, etc. But if I had to hand pic some of the elements I’d want to emulate most, would probably be Sailor Saturn from Sailor Moon, the powers of sun and moon, astral powers, and (I find it ironic as all brownies) the name Eventide. I’m a lover of Philosophy (philalethist in Greek, though I like my variant Philalethius, because it can double as a name or title.) And the triad of spiritual weapons I mostly find myself wielding are the Sword, Bow, and Glaive. (The Glaive is the long spear-like weapon Sailor Saturn wields.) I am a thinker and writer, so words have a deep meaning to me. I would weave and mold them into the air and aether around me, drawing various circle and patterns with them, and thus creating various circles of influence I’d operate within and without.

• Sorry, I wanted to be specific, but not so specific that creative interpretation isn’t welcome. (My mom’s an artist.) But I think I’ve given a pretty good structure to build off of. And it’s ok if you can’t incorporate everything I said. I’m excited to see what you’ll come up with! Oh, and I don’t have the long beard anymore, I trimmed it on my 30th birthday last year. It was close to 3 feet!!! And yes, I braided it myself! Lol
      • cjheighton1998

June 10, 2019 at 3:44 am

HOLY CRAP THAT IS AN AWESOME BEARD

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 6:05 pm

@rimor @pocket thank you!! I’m excited to do more! :cherry_blossom:

• Rimor

June 7, 2019 at 6:12 pm

I’ll send you something in a bit! :laughing:

• Rowan

June 7, 2019 at 6:20 pm

@SabineBean I think you meant to call me out xD but please take all necessary creative liberties that you feel are needed. Though fangs would give me an almost Vampire-esque look with the black clothing! Thatd be cool!

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 6:22 pm

Sure thing! this is gonna be fun to draw :blossom:

• Nimueh

June 7, 2019 at 6:29 pm

Appearance: Hi! (second one is just cause I have really long hair…)

Fantasy race : So, I always lean towards elves for me cause of the whole nature/healing/music/archery/long hair thing, but tbh, I’m happy to leave this up to you and what you think will suit/you want to draw.

Outfit: I’ll leave this up to you, though if you want to know a little more about me you can use my old PRSFNE profile

Colours: My colours have always been Aqua/turquoise/teal and purple (:eyes: @Rowan ), so whatever combination/variations works for you.

Can’t wait to see what you do, cause OMG Pocket’s looks amazing!

• Rowan

June 7, 2019 at 6:32 pm

They’re good colors! :joy:

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 6:34 pm

Hi! Fantastic look, I always envy people with reaaally long hair (I say, despite keeping mine short on purpose) and elves are always good fun! I don’t have access to that link you sent, but I’ll make sure to do something suitably elvish for you! Are you more of an elegant and regal elf, a wandering nomad elf, or a ‘literally seems to be growing leaves from their hair’ sort of elf? :bow_and_arrow: :cherry_blossom:

• Nimueh

June 7, 2019 at 6:41 pm

I seem to jump between elegant, Tolkien High Elven/old Fair Folk and bow wielding, ranger/hunter type (I legit do archery in my free time), so whichever :smiley:

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 6:56 pm

(I realise now that I @ the wrong person, oops!) @Rowan is one was really fun to draw! I couldn’t help it, hoods mean capes, and capes mean… I get to draw nice, cool, flowing fabric. I love flowing fabric. Could’ve done with even more flowing fabric, but… I’m sure that will come later, I have plenty of opportunities :blossom:

• Rimor

June 7, 2019 at 7:03 pm

That’s amazing!!!

• Nimueh

June 7, 2019 at 7:04 pm

Isn’t that @Rowan’s (as I don’t see Rimor’s thing up here yet???)

• Rimor

June 7, 2019 at 7:05 pm

I pm’d mine as I’m shy :laughing: If he draws it he’ll post it here!

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 7:06 pm

Yep, I accidentally @ the wrong person… twice… my memory issues strike again! Rowan and Rimor are both 5 letter words beginning with r, that’s my excuse…

• Nimueh

June 7, 2019 at 7:07 pm

Lol, I thought mine was bad! We’ve all be there with @ though…

• Rimor

Here I was thinking I had a fan :laughing:

• Tinker

June 7, 2019 at 7:09 pm

Well, if you want an excuse to draw more flowy fabric…I might have something to throw on the pile (as long as you don’t mind the outfit pic to be a horrible mirror selfie :sweat_smile:)

• Nimueh

June 7, 2019 at 7:10 pm

Can’t be a worse pic than mine, lol

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 7:12 pm

It’s a wide open thread! Come show me your flowy fabrics, and hey,I have the monopoly on terrible selfies (I say, despite having never posted any here. Because they’re terrible. My mirror is about the size of a dinner plate) so feel free! :cherry_blossom:

• Tinker

June 7, 2019 at 7:51 pm

I’ll PM you the pic (I’m making a goofy face and I want to spare the rest of the forum that) but base details:

Appearance: Long medium-dark brown hair (a smidge shorter than @Nimueh’s), brown eyes, freckles

Fantasy race : Elf…probably of the nomad persuasion?

Outfit: Will send in a PM!

Colours: Your standard sketch colors from the first one you posted were super cute!

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 7:52 pm

awh, bless! We’ve got a lot of elves in here tonight, that’s lovely! I’m excited to see the pic too, and I’m happy to work with those colours!

• Rowan

June 7, 2019 at 7:46 pm

I LOVE it!!! The flowing Cape was absolutely a wonderful touch!!

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 7:47 pm

I’m glad you like it !! I know it’s more coats than capes in assassin’s creed, but the picture just needed the cape, you know? :blossom:

• Rowan

June 7, 2019 at 7:48 pm

Agreed! :grin:

• cjheighton1998

June 7, 2019 at 6:59 pm

people dont realize it, but i really, really like harpies. Male harpies are super rare to find, sketch wise. See what you can do, maybe? :3

Outfit: similar to the photo. More pirate-y, victorian fantasy aesthetic, though?

Colours: greys, greens, browns. Dark and muted.

• cjheighton1998

Row, row fight the power!

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 7:09 pm

@Nimueh this is unfortunately just one of my little (unwelcome) quirks, good ole fashioned random memory loss! On the plus side, it doesn’t affect all that much, apart from tagging the wrong people by the looks of it

@Rimor this whole thing must’ve been pretty confusing, so my bad! I’ll try to catch myself better from now on

• Augustus_Octavian

June 7, 2019 at 8:05 pm

This is so cool!

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 8:26 pm

Thank you! And @Nimueh guess who’s done… :blossom:

Bows are fantastic weapons, and pretty easy to draw (compared to some other weapons… no, compared to most other weapons) . I hope you like it!! :cherry_blossom: :bow_and_arrow:

• Nimueh

June 7, 2019 at 8:27 pm

OMG, I love it!!! :heart:

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 8:28 pm

I’m glad! It was great fun to draw!! :cherry_blossom:

• Rimor

June 7, 2019 at 8:29 pm

Wow you’re so talented!!!

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 8:30 pm

Talent is one thing… years of work is a whole ‘nother boat I’m sailing. Did you know I actually have terrible hand-eye coordination? You can’t tell from my drawing, but you definitely can from my handwriting!

• CJB

Administrator
      June 7, 2019 at 11:26 pm

These are BRILLIANT!

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 11:27 pm

Thank you so much!! <3 <3 I’m glad that you like them! I do my best :cherry_blossom:

• Calm

June 7, 2019 at 9:04 pm

@SabineBean your pocket sized @Pocket is great. You are truly talented

• Alissiya

June 7, 2019 at 9:37 pm

I’d like to participate if that’s okay!

Appearance:

Fantasy Race: Hobbit! They have my ideal lifestyle, honestly.

Outfit: Typically, a knee-length or just below knee-length dress, and lace ribbon in my hair, usually as either a headband or at the end of a plait, depending on how out of my face I want my hair to be.

Colours: a light sage green for the background, and whichever you think would go best with that for the sketch colour!

I hope my info is okay :pray:

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 9:40 pm

That’s all fantastic! Happy to have you on board! I’m excited to draw you too! :cherry_blossom: hobbits really do have the ultimate lifestyle, don’t they? Eat and sleep and work and play to your heart’s content!

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 9:47 pm

I think for tonight I might finish @Cj_Heighton’s harpy self, then put the rest aside and write some more of my story… I haven’t updated it in a while and I think my 2 whole readers are antsy for more words (as is my brain! It keeps trying to run waaay ahead of where the story’s gotten to). Everyone after that, so that’s @Rimor , @Tinker and @Alissiya , I’ll start on yours probably tomorrow? Providing nothing dramatic or schedule-changing happens, of course :blossom:

You’re all still free to continue adding to this! I’ll add new people onto my queue as we go :cherry_blossom:

• cjheighton1998

June 7, 2019 at 10:11 pm

yASSSS

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 10:53 pm

@Cj_Heighton I love harpies… When i was a kid I made an alien race which was basically just harpies but even more feral (and a bit weird). Also, piratey/victorian style fantasy? You’re talking to the master! Well, maybe not quite, but I can definitely tweak a costume or two.

There we go! Hope you enjoy!! :cherry_blossom:

• cjheighton1998

June 7, 2019 at 11:36 pm

Much obliged, fren. You left it monocolour, i see. Guess i know what ill be doing for the next few hours.

• SabineBean

June 7, 2019 at 11:37 pm

They’re all monocolour, I can’t be showing favouritism now can I! :blossom:

• josephinekelly

June 8, 2019 at 12:40 am

I am floored by your skill!

**Appearance:**So here’s my face

Fantasy race : A river centaur! (artist’s choice of whether that means living in the river or next to it!)

Outfit: Something Ren-faire style, appropriate for going to a summer festival.

Colours: A blue and green scheme seems nice!

• SabineBean

June 8, 2019 at 12:43 am

Fantastic!! I love the crown, so cute! And thank you for the compliments too! This adds @Ginger and @Sorrel to my queue :blossom: I’ll get to you all at a later date, I’m very excited for it!

• Calm

June 8, 2019 at 2:29 am

@Sorrel my philosophical Balimoran friend you are stunning and already very picturesque if I may be so bold :no_mouth:

• Sellalellen

June 8, 2019 at 12:43 am

Can I just say I’m amazed at how pretty all our Mountaineers are? Seriously though.

• SabineBean

June 8, 2019 at 12:44 am

Agreed, there’s so many pretty faces and fantastic smiles in this chat! Everyone looks so fantastic, it’s incredible to see! :blossom:

• flybat3

June 8, 2019 at 12:54 am

So I was thinking maybe like a punk elf? I dunno this hair makes me feel like a bad ass and I really like elves so… -shrugs- Curious to see what you come up with.

• SabineBean

June 8, 2019 at 12:56 am

That is fantastic! What a lovely bright blue! I’ve had my hair blue before, but never that bright. Maybe I should try it! I’ve added you to the queue @flybat3 . This’ll be exciting! :blossom:

• Augustus_Octavian

June 8, 2019 at 1:00 am

Can you draw me as a faun (Roman satyr)? As for appearance, here’s a pic:

For outfit, I think a shirt and tie would be hilarious and fitting!

Edit: changed it so my face doesn’t look so sad about exercise

• SabineBean

June 8, 2019 at 1:01 am

Sure thing! Remember to ask for colours for lines and background if you have any particular colours in mind :blossom: adding @Augustus_Octavian to the queue now!

• Augustus_Octavian

June 8, 2019 at 1:06 am

Zero colors/lines/background preferences. Whichever you think looks nice.

• Ginger

June 8, 2019 at 1:07 am

I didn’t know I needed this until now

• BrokenVoid

June 8, 2019 at 1:52 am

Appearance:

don’t mind the adorable beagle in front of me.

Fantasy race : I’d like to be a sort of shade kinda creature like my profile pic if you can, if not then a tiefling would be really cool.

Outfit: Just a tattered cloak with some simple clothes underneath. A plain silver ring on the right middle finger.

Colours: blue lines with a light grey background.

• SabineBean

June 8, 2019 at 1:59 am

Sounds fantastic! And i can definitely do shadowy dark creatures, I love a little bit of gentle spooky. Adding @BrokenVoid to the queue!

• goblin

June 8, 2019 at 5:22 pm

Oh these are amazing!! thank you so much for sharing them! : D also everyone has such good taste in fantastical creatures…

thoroughly optional because I will forget abt this in 30 minutes but if you still want to do them once you reach the end of that queue I would LOVE to see a little goblin.

Appearance: hope these links work:

one

two

I have a lot of messy hair mostly invisible there.

Fantasy race : goblin! however you want to do that! hobbity is cool too!

Outfit: I trust yr skills more than I trust my ability to describe stuff. my jacket looks like this but much worse and with mending patches all over the place

Edit: forgot! I have rounded glasses with a glasses chain. not necessary but appreciated

Colours: uhh teal and/or brown!

• alexanderskye

June 8, 2019 at 5:54 pm

I would love a drawing! You are so talented!

I’d love to be a magical wizard if you’d be so kind! with a dangling crystal earring! I have one that I never take off.

• SabineBean

June 8, 2019 at 6:00 pm

@goblin I would love to do a lovely goblin friends, I will never not want to do a beautiful goblin friend!!! Adding you to the queue!

@alexanderskye thank you! Wizards are fantastic, I can definitely do that for you! adding you to the queue! :blossom:

• Rimor

June 8, 2019 at 6:38 pm

I can’t wait to see what you come up with for everyone!

• Rowan

June 8, 2019 at 7:06 pm

This post definitely blew up and I’m sure will keep you busy @SabineBean

• SabineBean

June 8, 2019 at 7:07 pm

Oh definitely! If my wrist didn’t hurt (didn’t do my stretches properly, I am a fool) I’d be drawing so much right now, and I still doubt I’d be halfway through! It’s good though, it’ll take me time to clear through them all but it’ll be fun the whole time :blossom:

• Sapphire

June 8, 2019 at 7:09 pm

Is it too late to join the party?

Your skills are amazing!

• SabineBean

June 8, 2019 at 7:11 pm

it’s never too late to join! I’ve got a queue, so I’ll add you to it, and they’ll be completed as I go along :blossom: I love to see all of your fav fantasy creatures too! I might have to make another thread just for talking about fantasy creatures… :cherry_blossom:

• Espressosaur

June 8, 2019 at 8:37 pm

I’m jumping in here too because your art style is ADORABLE and this idea is SO sweet! Hope it’s still okay and not too much for you! (I’d completely understand if it was!)

Appearance: 1,2 and 3

I’m pretty chonky! Bit like a bear :smiley:

Fantasy race: A dwarf or a hobbit would be ideal, though anything mixed with an animal is also perfect!

Outfit: 1 and 2 are recent outfits. I’d say I dress pretty casual but try to add a hint of ‘edge’ in there. Jewelry, a flashy colour, a cropped shirt or lace where you wouldn’t really see any of that in ‘men’s fashion’. Not too scared to lean more to the androgynous side either :smiley: I’ve been called glam/goth grandpa, if that helps!

Colours: Oh god uh I like periwinkle a lot! Black? Maybe?

• SabineBean

June 8, 2019 at 8:52 pm

Awh bless! Thank you, I’m glad you enjoy! I love these outfits, and lace/cropped shirts/jewelry are peak men’s fashion, that’s an ideal look! Very nouveau pirate, you know? I’m adding you to the queue now @Espressosaur ! :blossom:

• revenaisreve

June 8, 2019 at 9:18 pm

Omg this thread is :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

The art is so great and all Mounties are so cute??? You all are gorgeous :cjheart:

• SabineBean

June 8, 2019 at 9:21 pm

Awh, thank you! I do my best, and yep, everyone here is absolutely stunning! We’ve got so many lookers among us :blossom:

• Sellalellen

June 9, 2019 at 12:57 am

Goodness this thread looks swamped so I won’t be offended if you skip mine.

For my appearance and clothes, the looks I posted in this thread should do. What’s Your Signature Item or Accessory? – #57 by Sellalellen Feel free to simplify the dress or make it more cobweb-y as you wish.

So the fantasy race I’ve chosen might be a little obscure, but I’ve found reference pictures. I would like to be drawn as a Jorogumo, or a Spider Woman. It’s a Japanese monster. Sometimes she is shown like s spidery centaur with the top half of a woman andthe bottom half of a spider, and other times it’s I normal looking woman with spider legs sprouting from her back. fangs are optional but fun. Idk.

My usual colours are purple and black, but you can do whatever.

• SabineBean

June 9, 2019 at 12:59 am

I actually do have a jorogumo-based character in dnd! Their name is Itoguchi and they’re… awful… horrible… in every way… I designed them to try and get over my fear of spiders haha (it… didn’t work but oh well)! I can draw you too though! Adding you to the queue @Sellalellen :blossom:

• Sellalellen

June 9, 2019 at 1:00 am

Im also not a fan of spiders but they look cool when they’re not invading my space lol

• Calm

June 9, 2019 at 5:25 am

Jorogumo, the devouring newly wed, such an awesome creature of myth. Very cool image

• Brittany

June 9, 2019 at 5:08 pm

Apperance:

Fantasy Race: Dragon, because I adore dragons! (Also, I love books, writing, reading, and such like that.)

Outfit: (Well, dragons dont wear clothes, so, pretty scales please!) Scales, with feathered wings please! and possibly snoozing on a pile of books.

Colors: Gold and black scales, with a bit of a light pink dawning background.

• SabineBean

June 9, 2019 at 5:14 pm

Sure thing! Dragons aren’t one of the things I’m best at, but I’m more than happy to draw a pretty dragon now and then! Adding you to the queue @Brittany :blossom:

• Darkus

June 10, 2019 at 4:00 am

First I would like to say this is awesome. Second, you are so talented. The drawings look amazing so far. Third that is the most epic beard I have ever seen @Matty!

Race: For me I would like to be a a winged humanoid race like an angel or a demon or some kind of mix in between. Personally I would just love having some big wing to fly with. If you can draw it to where it looks like I’m flying or landing it would be awesome.

Outfit: I not sure about the outfit. My personal style would say somewhere between motorcycle bad boy and devilish business man so I guess I will let you fill in the rest but I would like to be wear a coat regardless if it’s a biker jacket, suit jacket or something else, since it is kind of my signature. (My favorite is my leather duster)

Color: red and black are my luck colors.

I can’t wait to see the finish work. The other have been amazing.

• CJB

Administrator
      June 10, 2019 at 10:40 am

Also, hello fellow gingers. :wave: :cjheart:

• SabineBean

June 10, 2019 at 12:18 pm

Sorry to @Matty and @Darkus but I just looked at my queue and… It’s a lot longer than I ever expected it to be! I’m going to try and work my way through what I have before I accept anymore so new applications are temporarily closed!

Obviously this means that you two (and anyone I don’t get to this go around) get top priority when I reopen! I just need to work on catching up with what I have before I can take on more (big projects… My one weakness…)

Hope that’s okay! You can all still discuss things in this thread obviously, I just won’t be adding to the queue until I’ve done as many as I can now :blossom:

• Matty

June 10, 2019 at 1:59 pm

No worries. I was looking thru the thread myself and “Holy :cow2:! @SabineBean is gonna be busy for awhile!” I do look forward to seeing more of your art though! And hello @CJB, from one Ginger to another!!! :wave:

• Connielass

June 10, 2019 at 5:15 pm

Precisely why I’ve refrained from posting anything yet

• Rimor

June 10, 2019 at 2:53 pm

Her art is absolutely fantastic!

• goblin

June 10, 2019 at 4:44 pm

her art, isn’t it?

• Ignatius

June 10, 2019 at 5:06 pm

@goblin It is indeed, @Rimor just doesn’t know how to read. cough cough Rimor that’s a she cough cough

• Rimor

June 10, 2019 at 5:31 pm

Omg I’m so sorry I’ve just had Dave on the brain today as I was walking him when I posted that :laughing:

• SabineBean

June 10, 2019 at 5:34 pm

Haha, don’t worry about it @Rimor ! I don’t mind, and it’s not the first time that’s happened :blossom: Thank you though! I’m glad you like my art! I’ll do my best to do as many of these as I can (not tonight though, I’ve got a dnd game) :cherry_blossom:

• Brittany

June 17, 2019 at 5:45 pm

you play DnD as well?!? Do you do in person, roll20, or discord for your sessions/campaigns?! and if it is discord, can I join you as well? I am STARVED for DnD!

• Nevi

June 11, 2019 at 2:55 am

These are amazing and I’m really looking forward to seeing the rest ! :two_hearts:

• Stormcaller

June 11, 2019 at 4:55 am

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

• Sellalellen

June 11, 2019 at 7:29 am

@SabineBean do you have an Instagram or something where we can admire more of your art in the meantime? :cjheart:

• SabineBean

June 11, 2019 at 11:13 am

Hi @Stormcaller , applications are currently closed so I can try and work through the big ole queue that’s already built up, but when I reopen I’ll put you on the next queue! :blossom:

@Sellalellen thank you! I’m really glad you like my art. I do have an Instagram, and my Tumblr is in my bio (I post more sketches more often on Tumblr and finished stuff on Insta) :cherry_blossom:

• Stormcaller

June 12, 2019 at 3:05 am

oh, sorry! I had no idea! Please, take as much time as you need

• SabineBean

June 12, 2019 at 4:31 pm

It’s okay, thank you for your interest! I’ll do my best to catch up so some more people can get a chance! (I’ve just been busier than I expected to be, but what can you do, y’know?) :blossom:

• Darkus

June 11, 2019 at 6:13 pm

I understand I will just sit here and wait patiently.

• Shadow

June 12, 2019 at 6:18 pm

Damn, your art is really amazing though. I’ll make sure to place a comission next cycle.

• SabineBean

June 12, 2019 at 7:58 pm

Thank you! I’m glad you like it! :blossom: I’m a little overwhelmed by the huge positive response on this site, it’s really lovely! :cherry_blossom:

• cjheighton1998

June 13, 2019 at 2:27 am

Basecamp is insanely supportive. I love these guys.

• SabineBean

June 14, 2019 at 7:29 pm

@Rimor actually you this time! I didn’t mistag! A lovely giant befriending a centurion!

I wasn’t sure what your hair looked like, so I gave you a nice cozy hat. Hope you enjoy! :cherry_blossom:

• Rimor

June 14, 2019 at 7:40 pm

Oh my goss that is amazing!!!

(I have really wavy annoying hair so that hat it a great addition! :laughing:)

• SabineBean

June 14, 2019 at 7:41 pm

Awh, shame! I like drawing wavy and curly hair! But it’s a cute hat so I’m not that sad. I’m really glad you like it! :blossom:

• Rimor

June 14, 2019 at 7:42 pm

Funnily enough that is one of my favourite kind of hats! I had a green one at uni but I lost it somewhere during the move home

• SabineBean

June 14, 2019 at 7:43 pm

Oh, it’s a shame that you lost it! But I’m glad I was able to accurately guess what kind of hat you like, haha :blossom:

• Nimueh

June 14, 2019 at 8:05 pm

Bean, your art is amazing! Loving Rimor the BFG!!!

I hope you don’t mind, I loved mine so much I’ve been colouring it (have a thing that I love messing around with digital colouring).

• SabineBean

June 14, 2019 at 8:06 pm

I definitely don’t mind! I’m really excited to hear it, would you mind posting it here so we can see? I’m glad you like my work, and it makes me happy to hear you’ve been adding to your one! :blossom:

• Nimueh

June 14, 2019 at 8:08 pm

Background is slightly stolen from google (cause I’m not that arty, lol), but here it is (also now my profile picture:

• SabineBean

June 14, 2019 at 8:08 pm

Ooh, I love the blues and browns you’ve chosen! the pop of purple from the cape is lovely too! :cherry_blossom:

• Alissiya

June 14, 2019 at 8:25 pm

Pretty colours, you and @SabineBean make a formidable creative team!

• SabineBean

June 14, 2019 at 10:18 pm

@Tinker a lovely elf nomad! I did my best with the outfit, and I think this is my best fox yet!

Hope you enjoy! :cherry_blossom:

• Sellalellen

June 14, 2019 at 10:21 pm

:heart_eyes: so many pretty details!

• SabineBean

June 14, 2019 at 10:23 pm

Thank you! @Tinker sent me a lovely pic with the outfit, I did my best to do it justice, it’s such a fantastic look! I’m glad I could get it down :blossom:

• Tinker

June 14, 2019 at 11:20 pm

OH MY GOODNESS!! Thank you so much!!

• SabineBean

June 14, 2019 at 11:21 pm

You’re welcome!! I’m glad you like it! :blossom:

• Shadow

June 15, 2019 at 10:50 pm

I enjoy seeing how little by little @SabineBean ‘s drawings are becoming the staple for everyone’s profile pics.

• SabineBean

June 15, 2019 at 10:51 pm

!!! It always makes me really happy when I see people using the things I made for them as their pictures :blossom:

• CJB

Administrator
    June 17, 2019 at 6:28 pm

@SabineBean, these are BRILLIANT! :cjheart: :spiritseergimme:

• Rimor

June 17, 2019 at 6:57 pm

@CJB you should get one done!

• CJB

Administrator
        June 17, 2019 at 7:04 pm

@SabineBean has their hands WAY full.

• SabineBean

June 17, 2019 at 7:18 pm

@Brittany I do a bit of everything! I tend not to play dnd with strangers, unfortunately. I’ve got to get to know someone fairly well before I know if I can handle 2-6 hour sessions once a week/fortnight. If you’re struggling to find sessions though, plenty of dnd related tumblrs post open invites when they’re ready to play! :blossom:

@CJB @Rimor I usually do first-come-first-served, but I could afford to make an exception for the guy who made this whole endevour possible! This forum wouldn’t be here without you, after all. And thank you! I’m glad you enjoy them! :cherry_blossom:

• CJB

Administrator
      June 17, 2019 at 7:37 pm

That’s so lovely @SabineBean, but I wouldn’t skip line ahead of my readers. Maybe I’ll commission a sketch down the line, though? What do you all think? Half-fish like Herman? CJ Mer-stein? I’m totally down for a King Triton vibe.

• SabineBean

June 17, 2019 at 7:40 pm

Sounds like a fair plan to me! I love a good pun, and I could definitely do half-fish. I’ll let you know when I’ve worked through my queue and am good to take on more, then! :blossom:

• June

July 31, 2019 at 11:03 pm

Oh my gosh are you still doing this? Just scrolling through a bit of the thread I can already tell I love your art style. I would be absolutely honored if you drew me!

Appearance: My hair is naturally wavy/curly like in the flower photo, and I have green eyes. My hair is a brownish-blonde color.

Fantasy Race: Elf or pirate!

Outfit: I love a fantasy outfits. Please take creative liberties as you wish.

Colors: Dark ocean teal for the lines and a pale shade for the background

Again, take as many liberties as you want! I’m excited to see all the characters you draw in this forum, they are all so interesting!

• SabineBean

July 31, 2019 at 11:38 pm

Unfortunately this has been closed for a while @June, I’ve been dealing with a lot of real world stuff (moving, summer homework, the heat, etc etc) but that’s a fantastic moodboard there, lovely concepts and very pretty photos! I’ll let you know if I get back to doing this thread at any point :blossom:

• cjheighton1998

January 10, 2020 at 7:45 am

pokes @SabineBean owo

• SabineBean

January 10, 2020 at 12:46 pm

The thread’s still closed I’m afraid, uni has been taking it’s toll on me and I can’t work on too many projects at once! I did say I’d let everyone know if I open it back up, though! Thanks for the nudge :blossom:

• Sellalellen

January 10, 2020 at 2:51 pm

That’s okay! :cjheart: take all the time you need!

• Jericho

January 10, 2020 at 11:51 pm

Hope uni is going well! I absolutely adore your art!

• SabineBean

January 11, 2020 at 9:56 am

Thank you! It’s a bit of a mess currently but deadline season is always a mess so that’s okay! I’m glad you like my art, that makes me happy :cherry_blossom: