Activity Forums The Reading Room CJ Bernstein MAGIQ Wiki

• MAGIQ Wiki

Posted by Kelsey on February 8, 2017 at 7:07 pm

@CJB has set up a Wiki here – magiq.wikia.com – so I thought we could create an area here where we can chat about it as well as work on things to add.

I was thinking that there should be a tab titled Characters and then we can have different sub tabs something like this:

• Characters (main tab)

- The Mountaineers (sub tab)
      - Ascender (sub sub tabs lol)
      - Bash
      - Eaves
      - Endri
      - Itsuki

- The Greens
      - Sullivan Green
      - Deirdre Green

- Orvin Wallace

- King Rabbit

- Brandon Lachmann
      - The Last Traveller

- The Devoted
      - Sascha
      - Reader

- Cole Sumner

- Martin Rank

- The Cagliostro
      - Lauren Ellsworth

Then within each tab we can write about the characters, things that have happened involving them, etc. For Deidre for example, I was thinking we could have a timeline of events for her – y’know like moved to New York, re-opened Ackerly Green, etc.

revenaisreve replied 4 years, 2 months ago 11 Members · 116 Replies
  • 116 Replies
  • Kelsey

February 8, 2017 at 7:14 pm

Other categories could be:

etc. – pretty much any important link that is still relevant to us right now. Like the ones on the Basecamp main page.

Another obvious one:

• The Guilds

• Balimora
      • Ebenguard
      • Flinterforge
      • Gossmere
      • Thornmouth
      • Weatherwatch

Also, maybe things like Weekly Recaps, About the Author, Vlogs, etc. could be included

• CJB

Administrator
    February 8, 2017 at 7:48 pm

@Kelsey, you are a dream come true. Please feel free to start tackling this and I’ll help when I can, and will also tidy/style up the wiki when I have time. I feel there’s a special badge in your future.

• Kelsey

February 8, 2017 at 8:05 pm

Sounds good! I don’t think I actually edit the top navigation bar, only admins can so you would have to do this, but I can start creating pages which can later be linked up top :grin:

• CJB

Administrator
        February 8, 2017 at 8:12 pm

Oh God, please tell me I can make you an admin…

• CJB

Administrator
    February 8, 2017 at 8:17 pm

@Kelsey, you are now an administrator!

• Kelsey

February 8, 2017 at 8:31 pm

Awesome, thank you! That makes things way easier. I put in the character tab to show what I’m talking about. I had to condense things a bit and categorize some characters by phases.

If anyone thinks of anyone I missed (or if I put anyone in the wrong category), let me know and I’ll add them.

• Robert

February 8, 2017 at 8:31 pm

This looks great, hopefully I can help out soon.

• CJB

Administrator
          February 8, 2017 at 8:45 pm

Happy to make you guys admins if you’re interested in working on the wiki.

• Kelsey

February 8, 2017 at 9:56 pm

I did the tabs that I can think of. I also started doing Character pages with infoboxes and Guild pages as well. We can edit any of the infoboxes to add or take away information. If someone doesn’t want to work on the wiki but has ideas or edits, let me know and I can change things for you.

This is fun :relieved:

• Brendon

February 8, 2017 at 10:05 pm

Yeah, I would love to help out soon as well. I don’t have much going on this weekend, so I could definitely have some time to give you a hand with this, and to actually work on the Deirdre sections for the Fragment Recaps

• CJB

Administrator
    February 8, 2017 at 10:28 pm

You guys are the best!

• TheBellsAreRinging

February 8, 2017 at 11:06 pm

This is a really good idea!! I found it a bit confusing to look through all the wiki things on here, and I’ve been here since the fourth fragment! Although, that might be due to the fact that I use the “Latest” tab to keep up with all the stuff thats happening. This should keep it much more organized, and while I’d love to help, I’m not sure I’d really do a good job :sweat_smile: Plus, the wikis leave out a lot of information and it would be nice for new recruits (and the older ones too!) to access all those cut corners, in a much easier way than just looking through the hundreds of replies for them.

My only advice is well… make it nice and neat! Don’t want to confuse anyone!

• Kelsey

February 9, 2017 at 1:04 am

Question for you all:

Which location of the Important Links do you like better on the wiki? I have the “Important Links” up in the top navigation bar and I have also put them in the right column on the main page so we can decide between the two.

I think that the main page might be the best place because we have almost reached our cap on how many separate categories we can have on the navigation bar (i.e. The Characters, Guilds, Phases, etc.). We could always keep the important links up top until we need the space, but if you don’t mind how they look in the right column on the main page, it would be nice to keep them there.

Let me know what you think.

• Brendon

February 9, 2017 at 1:57 am

I think the right hand side of the main page looks really good. It keeps it “separate” from the rest of the rest of the wiki, but it still easily accessible from the main page. The whole wiki looks really good though Kelsey. Awesome work!

• revenaisreve

February 9, 2017 at 3:30 am

Yaaaas, wiki time!

So, there are a couple of thoughts I have –

• Maybe it would be useful if we had, like, a glossary type section? I think we could definitely use pages outlining what are fragments, what are the keys, what does magic mean in the context of the magiq-verse, etc etc
    • I think at some point it would help to have a kind of community portal so people know how to contribute to the wiki? Here’s an example from a wiki I quite like. And here’s another example of how it could be done.
    • Maybe it would be best to get rid of the death dates for characters who they probably won’t be necessary for (ie the basecamp members)?

Also, I was wondering if you guys might want an interim background? I made some simple ones out of the guild crests.

• Kelsey

February 9, 2017 at 3:42 am

Those backgrounds are really nice! I tried to put one up on the wiki, but for some reason the wiki is giant so it doesn’t fit perfectly. Could you edit it so it can be tiled?

• Kelsey

February 9, 2017 at 4:07 am

I like the idea of a community portal, definitely something we should add.

EDIT: I made two new infoboxes – one for living characters and one for dead ones. I redid everyone’s and it does look better as it got rid of the multiple unknowns in the box, but still let you add them in later.

• reesylou

February 9, 2017 at 3:36 am

I will take a proper look when I have a spare moment, and will likely put my hand up to do a page or several

• revenaisreve

February 9, 2017 at 4:42 am

Here’s a vertically tiled version of the smaller badges:

It’s not a perfect version, but it should hopefully not be too horribly egregious.

Edit: I got admin privileges, so I’m getting rid of these huge images over here. Let me know if you’d like a copy, though. :sweat_smile:

• reesylou

February 9, 2017 at 4:59 am

OMG!!! Those ads are so annoying, I am just trying to click on something and they pop up and move the whole page down.

• TheBellsAreRinging

February 9, 2017 at 2:01 pm

Man, the wiki reeeaaally wants me to shop at “Talbots” whatever that is! :laughing:

• CJB

Administrator
    February 9, 2017 at 3:39 pm

You guys are KILLING that wiki! Do you understand what it’s like for a genre writer to see his readers create a wiki for his work? It’s the sci-fi/fantasy Oscars!

• CJB

Administrator
    February 9, 2017 at 3:52 pm

Adblocker is your friend on that site, for sure. But if it gets too annoying lemme know and we can come up with some other option down the road?

• revenaisreve

February 12, 2017 at 4:38 pm

Hey, so I was wondering if there might be people out there who want to help but maybe don’t know what needs to be done, so I created this page for the wiki. Also I figured it’d be useful to keep track of things that need to get done. :slight_smile:

I’m gonna try to cobble together some idea of how to format articles based on what category they are (people, places, objects, etc), hopefully this should help people who are new to contributing to wikis.

• CJB

Administrator
      February 13, 2017 at 3:07 pm

I want to heart that about a dozen times.

• revenaisreve

February 13, 2017 at 6:26 pm

Aw, I’m glad I can help! I really dig wikis so I’m super stoked to be contributing. :grinning:

• Kelsey

February 21, 2017 at 9:30 pm

I’ve been super busy, but I was just looking at the wiki and I must say @Revenir is killing it! Everything looks amazing and it is really shaping up. I’ll try to do some more work on it this evening as well.

• revenaisreve

February 22, 2017 at 1:40 am

Aw thanks @Kelsey, you’ve been a great help as well!

I’ve been slowly but surely working on write-ups for the characters. Hoping to wrap up phase two’s characters in a couple days. I’m thinking about pivoting and doing some of the introductory-type pages though, and maybe like a starting guide for how to contribute to the adventure? I’ve noticed there’s an influx of new people and I feel like having a kind of ‘wat do?’ post would help get people up to speed easier.

• Kelsey

February 22, 2017 at 2:20 am

That all sounds awesome. I definitely think we need to work on helping people get introduced easier. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to try and catch up on all the content. I was thinking of maybe making mini how to videos that people could watch on the wiki to know how to sign up, post an introduction, change their profile, etc. as well as introduce them to characters and other things – just to help alleviate some of the constant reading. Not sure if it would really be that helpful or worth it though so I’m on the fence, don’t want to waste my time if it isn’t something that’s going to be useful.

• revenaisreve

February 22, 2017 at 3:14 am

I think that could be a really good idea! It would definitely help people avoid having to read tons of text if they’re not into that, give them a bit of audio to mix things up.

• Kelsey

February 22, 2017 at 3:17 am

I’m whipping up an example, and if we like it, I can definitely do more. I’ll post here when I’m done.

• CJB

Administrator
        February 23, 2017 at 12:09 am

Also @Kelsey I meant to mention that @Brendon, @Robert, @Crytter, and I are also working on a series of short video recaps of every fragment and maybe once they’re up you can add that bit to your awesome video?!

• grimangel53

February 23, 2017 at 2:36 am

if you want some help on write ups, I could possibly be of assistance!

I would love to contribute, i just dont know a whole lot about wikis

However i may, I will help. A bestiary? Aesthetics? Campfire roundups?

• revenaisreve

February 23, 2017 at 3:01 am

Hey! So we actually have a ton of pages that need writeups – you can find a list here. If you’re confused on how to edit a wiki, there’s tons of guides they offer here.

I’m currently trying to fill out essential pages (ie what’s the book of briars, fragments, etc) but you can pretty much do whatever suits your fancy. The hangout this evening reminded me that we could add even more pages – like pages for the RPG in fragment four. :hushed:

• grimangel53

February 23, 2017 at 3:44 am

i’;ll look into it,

I would like to put some miscellaneous pages up for the different Campfire projects as well.

woo!

• Kelsey

February 22, 2017 at 5:44 am

Here’s what I threw together. A little long and the music is a little funky, but something like this (or similar – if someone wanted to do voiceovers that could be cool too) could be good for the wiki – we could do them for characters, fragments, etc. Just an idea.

• CJB

Administrator
      February 23, 2017 at 12:07 am

How am I just seeing this!!! Amazing for, @Kelsey! My ONLY suggestion would be to have Step 1 be visit the MAGIQ Guide because it kind of introduces the whole world and the central mystery. Then once you know your guild there’s a place at the end to sign up and get your first Eaves email, which is also signing you up to the newsletter. From there, you can go to basecamp, etc, etc… I LOVE THIS!!!

• CJB

Administrator
      February 23, 2017 at 12:37 am

You could even start them at the trailhead, http://themonarchpapers.com if you think it would help get them to understand what this is all about? What do you think? I love this video…

• Kelsey

February 23, 2017 at 12:40 am

I am down for anything – I just put that one together as a demo so we can change it anyway you guys want.

Monarch Papers could definitely be good and then click on the Book at the bottom to lead them to the Guide?

• CJB

Administrator
          February 23, 2017 at 12:51 am

Yeah, that would be perfect!

• TheBellsAreRinging

February 22, 2017 at 2:13 pm

I think that’s awesome! But I do want to ask, is the rule still in place that you have to be here for a while before you can PM people? I know when I was a baby mountineer… I accidentally maybe discovered some stuff before I should have, related to the 4th fragment while we were in the beginnings to the 3rd. Oops :sweat: and I would have pm one of the main guys, but it didn’t let me cause I was only there for like 5 days. I don’t know if its possible, but I think that should be changed so other mistakes aren’t made.

Similarly, in a video like that, we should explain the “meta” feature, or at least show it! I think that would be useful for newcomers as well.

• CJB

Administrator
      February 23, 2017 at 12:08 am

@TheBellsAreRinging, maybe there could be a mention of Herman the hippocampus on the forum and BC33? That’s an immediate way to contact the “out-of-world” powers that be if you find something or have an emergent question?

• Robert

February 23, 2017 at 12:38 am

That video is awesome @Kelsey!

• MagiqWiki

February 23, 2017 at 3:30 am

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

• grimangel53

February 23, 2017 at 3:43 am

why? i tend to no ignore things that say ignore this.

but oh well

• MagiqWiki

February 23, 2017 at 3:44 am

Working on another how-to video

• Kelsey

February 23, 2017 at 4:18 am

Okay take a look at this and let me know if there is anything else I should change –

• CJB

Administrator
      February 23, 2017 at 4:43 pm

Kelsey, this is awesome! If you could maybe just have a bit at the part where after you learn your guild that you can sign up there at the magiq guide… there’s a place to officially join the mountaineers with a little more fanfare than the newsletter signup that’s on basecamp. Is that okay? I LOVE these videos!

• Kelsey

February 24, 2017 at 5:09 am

No it’s not okay!

I’m just kidding, of course I can do that. I actually just went and clicked on the final page part, and it’s definitely cooler than just going to Basecamp to sign up. I’ll fix it right now.

• Kelsey

February 23, 2017 at 5:17 am

Here’s another one. Playing with different backgrounds and little sound effects. As always, let me know your opinions and if I should change anything.

I’ll probably make more later. Like how to edit your profile, how to message OOG, etc.

• grimangel53

February 23, 2017 at 2:32 pm

I’ve drawn up a logo we could possibly use,

i’ll post pictures later, when i can, but if anything, I’d suggest either the basecamp logo, or maybe the monarch papers butterfly thats breaking down for the logo for the wiki

• Kelsey

February 24, 2017 at 5:43 am

Alright try this –

• CJB

Administrator
      February 24, 2017 at 12:22 pm

It’s perfect, thank you!!

• MagiqWiki

February 25, 2017 at 1:36 am

@CJB could you do me a favour and award this account a badge so I can make a video later on how to edit your profile and choose a badge? :smile_cat:

Also, when I click on Herman on the forum or on the Basecamp33 website it says that I can’t message meta.

P.S. I’m liking the new changes to the Basecamp33 homepage

• CJB

Administrator
      February 25, 2017 at 1:46 am

You have a new badge and you should be able to message meta now. :slight_smile:

• MagiqWiki

February 25, 2017 at 3:07 am

Thank you sir!

• revenaisreve

February 25, 2017 at 6:25 am

So a little update on the Wiki –

• Pages on the Basecamp 33 Forum, the Book of Briars, and the fragments are completed.
    • Fragment Recaps are all posted on the wiki, though I’m hoping to wiki-fy the pages a bit more.
    • I’ve also added skeleton outlines and infoboxes to all of the pages, so all that needs to be done is just adding in the actual writing.
    • I’m hoping to fill out the Cole and Deirdre pages ahead of Phase Three. That way new readers will have the most essential pages available, to reduce confusion.

That’s about it for now. I’m trying to hurry and fill in all these pages, but hopefully I’ll be able to turn my attention to some more aesthetic things soon. :sweat_smile:

• Kelsey

February 26, 2017 at 2:36 am

Made a couple more videos plus I added in the description of the Guilds on the wiki. I also put up a Patreon banner – my Photoshop skills are shoddy at best so if anyone wants to make a new one, go for it.

• Robert

February 26, 2017 at 2:42 am

Very impressive! These are going to help a lot of people.

• CJB

Administrator
      February 26, 2017 at 4:48 pm

These are FANTASTIC!!!

• Kelsey

February 27, 2017 at 2:26 am

Thanks you guys! Glad you like them. I’m having fun making them, though I’ve pretty much run out of ideas. If you have any ideas, let me know and I’ll take a crack at them.

@CJB have you thought about how we should get people to the wiki? I see that we have a bunch of new people and I think they could really benefit from it, but I’m not sure they know of the wiki or this hidden category (I guess I could make a video on categories too now that I’m talking about it lol). My idea before was to send a one-time out of world message when someone signs up for the forum, just letting them know of these things. Another idea could be to make the Welcome Lodge out of world so that we can post links to the wiki when someone new is confused. Just throwing some ideas out there, but hopefully we can expose more people to the wiki since it is getting close to being finished thanks to the hard work of @Revenir

• CJB

Administrator
      February 27, 2017 at 3:16 pm

You and @Revenir have properly murdered the wiki and I couldn’t be happier. I think you make a great point. I’m always reticent to reach in from out-of-world, but there’s two ways I could do this… How about A POLL?!

Should the welcome email on the forum be from me, with in and out-of-world details like the wiki, The Cabinet, and my category? Or should I have an automated email that goes out after Eaves’ initial email you get when joining? It could go out an hour, or even a day later, so that way ALL readers would see it, not just people who join the forum?

What do you think? Only give it to people who join the forum, or send it to every new recruit?

• Out-of-World Email Welcome to Everyone
      • Out-of-World Forum Welcome to Those Who Join the Forum

voters

• CJB

Administrator
    February 27, 2017 at 6:40 pm

I just spent half an hour reading about my own book over on the wiki. I am so impressed and honored @Kelsey and @Revenir that you would dedicate so much of your time to building that site. It’s amazing. PLEASE keep up the good work.

• Kelsey

February 28, 2017 at 1:59 am

Will do!

Also, I love the new badge – spellcaster is absolutely perfect for the last phase.

• CJB

Administrator
    February 28, 2017 at 2:02 pm

I cobbled together a wiki header image last night. We can knock it off the to do list for now, but anyone, feel free to do something better!

• CJB

Administrator
    March 1, 2017 at 9:09 pm

Hey @Kelsey, I’m going to mention the wiki and your videos in my email to new players. When do you think those videos will be up on the wiki (or are they and I’m blind?)

Also, (and @Revenir, maybe you know) the mobile version of the wiki doesn’t have all the categories that are up in the “header” of the wiki. I’ve tried adding them but honestly don’t want to break what you guys have created. Any idea how we can add those to the mobile version since they’re the bulk of the content?

• Kelsey

March 1, 2017 at 9:18 pm

You aren’t blind – I’ll put them up now and I can edit the mobile version of the header as well :slight_smile:

• CJB

Administrator
        March 1, 2017 at 9:20 pm

I want to give you all the badges.

• revenaisreve

March 1, 2017 at 9:41 pm

As an aside – the mobile home page and the desktop one are separate (as far as I understand, at any rate), so feel free to experiment to your heart’s desire. It shouldn’t affect the desktop homepage or any of the articles.

• Kelsey

March 1, 2017 at 9:44 pm

Lol

Okay – here’s what I’ve discovered. Wiki is a little screwy – they create a mobile version that either looks like a very basic version of your wiki mainpage in black and white, or you can edit 3 sections and make it look a little different but it is all made up of icons and little images. It’s hard to explain, so I tested a few and took some screenshots:

This is what it looks like right now (just regular):

It does have navigation but it’s in the little hamburger dropdown list:

This is what it would look like if you click edit mobile page on the mainpage and add in some of the feature content/categories options:

And @Revenir is correct – mess around as much as you want with it lol. I personally think that it looks better with the basic version since we don’t have many images or categories created yet

• CJB

Administrator
      March 1, 2017 at 9:59 pm

Agreed, simpler is better for now… Thanks you two!

• Chordie

March 1, 2017 at 11:15 pm

How do we get the special titles? I’m seeing people around the forum with them, but I only have access to the Thornmouth one and Kindler, I believe.

• TheBellsAreRinging

March 1, 2017 at 11:18 pm

Its part of badges! You are fairly new so you won’t have many, but when you go to your profile you can select one of the badge titles under well… “title”. Thats it! :smile:

• CJB

Administrator
      March 2, 2017 at 2:50 am

You earn them along with badges, @Chordie. Most of them are automated, but some are manually gifted behind the scenes like Recruiter and the Historian badges, which are for providing other with resources/information. Most mounties that have “alternate” titles have been around a while. I’m sure you’ll be earning them in no time. You should have Spellcaster already because of Phase 2.

• Chordie

March 2, 2017 at 3:17 am

I don’t believe I have it. It doesn’t show up under badges or titles, last I checked.

• CJB

Administrator
          March 2, 2017 at 3:28 am

You have been personally badged. :slight_smile:

• Chordie

March 2, 2017 at 3:36 am

I’m honored

• Chordie

March 2, 2017 at 3:38 am

It occurs to me how sarcastic my statement looks when paired with my profile picture xD

I assure you that I meant it

• CJB

Administrator
              March 2, 2017 at 3:41 am

I got the sincerity.

• revenaisreve

March 2, 2017 at 1:40 am

Maybe we should have a page dedicated to titles. I didn’t think about that. :open_mouth:

I just thought about something… Did we ever save those periscope videos from Fragment Four? I got to the point in Cole’s article where he did the stream and it made me realize I couldn’t find a video of his bridge journey. Actually I don’t think his Periscope has the video of his first journey either. :sob:

• CJB

Administrator
      March 2, 2017 at 2:53 am

@Revenir, you mean you guys haven’t found the Basecamp 33 Vimeo Channel? :wink:

I just put a BC33 Youtube channel up for the soon-to-be-posted fragment recap videos. Maybe I’ll migrate these mission videos over too.

• revenaisreve

March 2, 2017 at 2:57 am

@CJB Bless you! :clap: :clap: :clap: A million hearts to this post, I say.

• revenaisreve

March 4, 2017 at 12:58 am

So, a little update on the wiki – Deirdre, Cole, and Sullivan have filled out pages.

The good news is, that means most of the really content-intensive pages should be taken care of (except Lauren, who’s partially done, and Brandon’s may be a bit lengthy). There are still quite a few pages left, but they should go much faster.

• Kelsey

March 6, 2017 at 5:25 am

@Revient so funny – you corrected my spelling of unravelling to unraveling on the Reader page :joy: I’ll try to stick to American spelling from now on :us:

• revenaisreve

March 6, 2017 at 3:12 pm

Oh, I didn’t even know there was a difference in spelling! :laughing: I was just on the page, trying to see if I could use some of the stuff I’d written earlier that night, and noticed the redline from Chrome.

I think my ‘Murica is showing. :flushed:

• revenaisreve

March 7, 2017 at 1:10 am

So the combined strengths of @Kelsey and myself have triumphed – all but Brandon in the Phase One character tab and the entire Phase Two character tab have content! We’ve still got 31 articles in the To Do List, but we’ve made a pretty big dent in the wiki! :tada: :grin: :tada:

I do have a question for creative types – we have pages for Eye of the Moons, Siren’s Lace, and Vhelicorus, but we don’t know a whole lot about them? Would anyone want to do artwork, theorize, or do some prose on them?

Same thing could go for the animal pieces in Phase Two – I was a bit hesitant to make the pages because we don’t know, say, what a Brachursis is :sweat:.

• Kelsey

March 7, 2017 at 2:25 am

Looking good! I put in some info for the Kindly Brew page and created a Magimystical Assessment page (some of the information there may be somewhere else already though?)

I’ll keep working on some pages right now.

It could be worth creating another off-topic specifically for the animals and the flowers, where everyone can work together and come up with some decided ideas and images that represent each. Unless of course @CJB already has a clear idea as to what Siren’s Lace or Brachursis looks like and we can put it up there?

Edit: also feel free to edit anything I add in the wiki, I try to make it look nice but you definitely have a better eye for layout than I.

• CJB

Administrator
        March 7, 2017 at 4:38 am

I would LOVE to see what images you guys come up with.

• Kelsey

March 7, 2017 at 8:40 pm

Sounds good. I’ll put something out for everyone to discuss.

Another question @CJB – what about different types of magiq? Should we get each guild to come up with what they believe their magical affinities can do or do you already know the particulars of each guild’s magiq? We don’t need to include this in the wiki now if it is coming out from you later, but if you don’t have the specifics for all the guild magiq, we could see what the people think.

• CJB

Administrator
            March 7, 2017 at 9:55 pm

I have… some ideas,:sunglasses: but would love for you all to play and explore. Down the road we can always decide what’s “canon” and what isn’t. Sound fair?

• revenaisreve

March 7, 2017 at 11:03 pm

So I made a thread for people to discuss the Fragments lore – thought I’d put this here as well.

I added a some art of my own, might do some more of the other flowers and such. Definitely interested to see what art people end up creating. :grin:

• Kelsey

April 10, 2017 at 11:42 pm

Been way busy with exams (one more and then I’m graduated!), but I should be back now and free to work on the wiki more. I’ll start adding in those awesome fragment recaps soon too. Should I put them on the front page as well as on their fragment pages? Or just the fragment pages?

• revenaisreve

April 25, 2017 at 4:06 am

Cool news! The wiki now has 100 articles.

Unfortunately, a little under half of them still need content… :sob: I’m working on it now, though, so hopefully that number will be drastically lower in the coming weeks.

• CJB

Administrator
      April 25, 2017 at 12:58 pm

You are a very good person.

• CJB

Administrator
      April 25, 2017 at 12:59 pm

You are a very good person.

• Chordie

April 25, 2017 at 6:02 pm

My god, this was such a wholesome exchange. :slight_smile:

• revenaisreve

April 25, 2017 at 6:07 pm

:heart: :heart: :heart:

• revenaisreve

April 25, 2017 at 8:10 pm

Hey @CJB – I have a favor to ask. Would it be possible to upload the two KS videos to the Vimeo channel? Unfortunately videos can’t be directly uploaded to the wiki. :dizzy_face:

• CJB

Administrator
      April 26, 2017 at 10:24 pm

I can I can… Will take care of tonight/tomorrow morning!

• CJB

Administrator
      April 30, 2017 at 1:23 am

Question, Rev… Should I move the BC33 YT videos to Vimeo, or should I move the few videos on Vimeo over to the more active TY channel? Does it matter wiki-wise?

• revenaisreve

April 30, 2017 at 1:37 am

I don’t think it should matter too much, I would just need to relink any videos that were deleted. The only thing I noticed is that, if playback is disabled on other sites, then it won’t work on the wiki. The Aether livestream had an issue with that.

• CJB

Administrator
          April 30, 2017 at 2:37 am

I’ll double check we can embed them and then if so, move them over to BC33. Thanks for all your work on the wiki Rev!

• revenaisreve

April 30, 2017 at 2:52 am

Happy to help! Let me know if you have any more wiki-related questions. :blush:

On a side note – the wiki’s down to about 15 empty pages. After that, most of the general plot pages should be taken care of, and it’ll be time to dig deeper into the lore and see what pages we’ll need to add.

• CJB

Administrator
              April 30, 2017 at 2:54 am

Incredible! Here comes the lore train, whoo whoo!

• CJB

Administrator
              April 30, 2017 at 12:48 pm

They’re all up on the BC33 YT channel! Sorry for taking so long, been pretty hectic at AGP the past week. :slight_smile:

• Kelsey

May 1, 2017 at 7:17 pm

@Revenir I’m back in action and can actually do some stuff on the wiki (for real this time). Anything specific you want me to do?

• revenaisreve

May 1, 2017 at 7:35 pm

Welcome back and glad to see you’re feeling better! :grin:

As far as the Wiki…

The To do list has 15 pages left if you’re interested in knocking any of them out. There’s also a few wanted pages if any of those speak to you. And if you want to do something a little silly, I made a page on in-jokes that still needs content.

Beyond that, if you want to do a survey of deeper lore aspects for when we start tackling that in the near future, that would be good. Gathering page names and images and reference posts, stuff like that. And if you’re wanting to do some wiki-formatting, I’ve been wanting to get an infobox together for the fragment pages, and I was also going to try to do a simpler version of this kind of template, where it would link to all the fragment articles on the bottom of their pages.

Oh! And another big thing I’ve been meaning to tackle at some point – fanon. If you’d like to do stuff like pages on Steve the Balimoran or the guild houses, I think it’d be nice to compile the lovely theories that people have had.

Sorry if that’s like a zillion things at once. :sweat_smile: There’s lots to do, and I’d definitely appreciate your help on anything you’d like to do!

• Kelsey

May 1, 2017 at 9:24 pm

Lol sounds good

I will start working on some of the pages right now. I created the wanted pages and added them to the to-do list just for the sake of easy access.

“For the many lulz of the Mounties” on the in-jokes page made me laugh. For this and some of the fanon stuff, I might go to the Other World and get the peeps there to write down a list of all the jokes and fan things that they’ve come up with in that area, because I don’t think I’ve been able to keep up with all their craziness.

I was looking at the template you were talking about, and I think I get what you mean – sort of an area that includes the information we didn’t include inside the written summary or video, as well as all relevant links to different areas for easy access – something like that?

^ that’s kind of what I came up with so far, anything else you can think we should add?

• revenaisreve

May 1, 2017 at 9:31 pm

Give me a hot second and I’ll see if I can’t cobble together a template for what I mean. For the infobox, I was thinking just a start date, end date, relevant characters, and a split row with links to the previous and next fragment (Not sure how to describe that last thing, but when I say split row, I’m meaning like the infobox in the magimystical assessments page).

• revenaisreve

May 1, 2017 at 10:01 pm

Ok, so I created the Navbox that I was talking about. You can see it on Fragment One’s page right now. It’s just a little thing to make navigation easier, so people can move from fragment to fragment if they want.

Edit: All of the fragment pages have the navboxes now. All that’s left is the infobox and then the fragment pages should be good to go! :grin:

• Kelsey

May 1, 2017 at 9:29 pm

Also, do you think we should maybe create a whole new tab in the main navigation that would encompass all out of world and fan things – like Simon’s music, all of the fan art, the fanon stuff, the in-game jokes, etc. so that it isn’t buried in the wiki? If so, what would I even call that? I’d probably have to combine the Characters and Guild tabs, but I don’t think that would look too bad.

• revenaisreve

May 1, 2017 at 9:42 pm

Hmmm…Maybe we could get rid of the Important Links tab, since it’s already on the main page? And then move the Getting Started and The Magiq Wiki tabs to the On the Wiki section? I’m concerned about combining the Guilds and Characters tab because we’re already super short for space on the Characters tab. I’m actually not sure how we’re going to squeeze in phase four characters at the moment. :sweat:

• revenaisreve

July 27, 2017 at 11:34 pm

Hey guys! It’s been quite some time since I did an update on the wiki, so I thought I’d do a little State of the Wiki address.

Here are some current events going on with the wiki –

I hope to have the wiki up to speed in the next week or so. Afterwards, it should be smooth sailing for phase four, since it’ll just be about keeping on top of new plot developments and adding them as they happen.

Future plans include –

• Summaries for each phase
    • Full timelines for the events of TMP (similar to the way the Everyman Hybrid wiki does it)
    • Complete puzzle breakdowns
    • A catalogue of fanon and fandom contributions
    • Archiving blog posts and off-wiki information to preserve removed content

As always, let me know if you have comments, suggestions, or requests. I’m also happy to induct anyone into wiki-editing if you’d like to help out!

• Viviane

February 9, 2018 at 7:43 am

Reviving this thread for records keeping at Rev’s request. :blush:

• Added content for the “Fragment 13” page.

(Cancelled D&D plus insomnia is a great productivity combo.) Hoping to help knock more of these out over the weekend.

• Added content for Fragments 12 and 14, as well.
  • revenaisreve

June 6, 2018 at 11:27 am

Hey y’all! It’s time once again for a State of the Wiki address.

You may have noticed (or noticed me talking about) working fast and furiously on the wiki for the last month or so. I wanted to do that so the wiki was up-to-date for people to refer to when The Monarch Papers is released, and I was hoping to have it available even earlier so the ARC folks would have it available as a resource as well.

As of right now, the wiki has been updated with canon content, up to the current adventures going on in the Ackerly Green Secret Society. The wiki will continue to update as new discoveries are made in the Secret Society, and when the books are released in the Summer and Fall.

So, what’s in the future for the wiki? For right now, I’ll be taking a break. I’ll be updating the wiki to stay on top of Secret Society/Elsewither posts, but otherwise I’m gonna put a hold on things. The Monarch Papers releases early in July, so I want to make sure I’m energized and ready to go when that happens.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to help me out, it’d be great to have some feedback. Are there any articles the wiki is missing, or ones that could be improved? If you were someone who was new to the MAGIQverse, do you think the wiki has every article that a new person might need to get up to speed? It helps a lot to have outside opinions, so let me know your thoughts.

Also, as a side note, the wiki is now home to 207 pages! :tada:

• revenaisreve

June 12, 2018 at 12:13 am

Turns out I lied, just a little bit. I added infoboxes for the fragment pages, which is something I’ve wanted to do for a while. :slightly_smiling_face: You can see them starting at Fragment One.