Activity Forums The Reading Room Secret Society – Membership & Management The App is Working Harder, Not Smarter

• The App is Working Harder, Not Smarter

Posted by Ashburn on February 1, 2019 at 6:30 pm

This was the only place I could think of to mention this (could have sworn there used to be some sort of app help thread that wasn’t locator-specific).

Since yesterday, whenever I go to the app and hit the forum button, it will both open the forum in the app and open the forum in my browser. No idea why. :ascendershrug:

Edit to add: running with a Samsung J7 (android)

cjheighton1998 replied 3 years, 8 months ago 6 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Rimor

February 1, 2019 at 7:41 pm

Same is happening to me on my Android

• Skylad

February 2, 2019 at 1:30 pm

iOS is working fine

• Ashburn

March 19, 2019 at 3:45 pm

As of last night it’s now opening the forum in just my browser until I’ve hit the in-app button at least three times (then it’ll open in the app).

• Catherine

March 19, 2019 at 4:00 pm

We’ll look into it!

• CJB

Administrator
      March 19, 2019 at 9:23 pm

So sorry everyone! We’re trying to keep this app working long enough to launch the new one this spring, that won’t have these issues. We’re really unhappy with the platform we’re currently using and so we’re building an app from scratch that we can control completely. We really appreciate your patience.

• CJB

Administrator
      March 19, 2019 at 9:27 pm

If you don’t mind, check for updates in the app’s in-menu settings and then try again. It’s working for me now. :cjheart:

• cjheighton1998

March 19, 2019 at 11:40 pm

i was having a couple issues up until last night where the app straight up didnt even load, but it looks like thats fixed now. Thanks for keeping an eye on this thing and not just abandoning it like so many other groups of people tend to do.

Activity Forums The Reading Room Secret Society – Membership & Management The App is Working Harder, Not Smarter

You must be logged in to create new discussions.