jason-leung-Xaanw0s0pMk-unsplash (1)

The Day of Change: 2020

September is a big month for the Briarverse.

Along with some bigger narrative developments and upcoming releases—more on all that to come soon—September also boasts the Autumnal Equinox, an especially auspicious day for the Briarverse, as it coincides with the Day of Change. 

For those of you who might be newer/looking for a refresher, you can find a quick history of the DoC here in the Wiki, but beware, there are spoilers if you’re not finished reading The Monarch Papers. 

Since 2017, however, the Day of Change has become a symbol of celebration for the community that has formed here. In the past, it’s been celebrated by inventing guild-specific traditions and reimagining the design of our Neithernorian guild homes as an expression of the way our community has evolved throughout the year. It’s also become a tradition for guild leaders to host discussions around the day and its individual significance within each guild, but the festivities are by no means limited to your own guild.

This year, as always, the Day of Change will be a full, community-wide celebration. 

What will that entail?

First, we’re working with the guild leaders to create an all-guild Bingo board, full of guild-specific qualities and activities that you can achieve or check off from the comfort of your own home. The goal will be to complete everything pertaining to your guild, with some bonuses for the extent of completion on the rest of the board.

As a reward, we’re bringing back extra-special brand new forum badges, which you can earn by hitting certain milestones throughout the year, starting with the Day of Change! There will even be one very special prize that one lucky participant will win, which comes from the Ackerly Green office. 

To round out the day, we’ll be finishing with a Community Hangout/Day of Change party via Zoom at 7 PM ET (note the time change), to be followed by the AG+ Game Night/Afterparty at 7:30 PM. 

The Zoom link to participate in the Community Hangout is here.

And the GCal event for you to add the Hangout to your calendars is here.

We’re so excited to celebrate this special day with you all! 

24 Comments

1. I’ll have to split my DoC celebration time with my Mabon celebration time, since I’ve bee trying to be better about my observances. But I’m super stoked for my first full Day of Change, since last year I’d only just discovered this place and was still a wee babby Bali.

2. I’ll also be splitting my celebrations, I’ve been slacking on equinox and solstice observances for the past few years. ^.^

Very excited to see what comes next, though!

3. Happy Day of Change, everyone!!! We’ve been loving all of your preparations and Bingo boards and could not be more excited to celebrate with you all tonight!!

For the first of (at least two, I think?) Day of Change reveals, if you opened our newsletter this morning you’ll have seen that we have two new novellas up in the Book Shop!!

Ackerly Green’s Secret Society and The Search for Magiq are the adaptations of the narratives that have been unfolding on the forum since the end of The Monarch Papers, all leading up to the release of The Book of Briars. Now you can read the whole stories, start to finish, regardless of when you joined up as a recruit. They’re available as e-books on the Book Shop and you can get yours now!

1. If momma cat doesn’t look like she’ll take it with her, we’ll have to help it out.

9/27 Update: momma cat has been (sometimes) feeding her smol when she comes in for food/a break from outside/when Ashmom refuses to let her back out until she takes care of her baby. There’s a sneaking suspicion that something happened to the other two kittens in the litter, since we haven’t seen any sign of them in over a week.

4. I got super excited for the Day of Change only to spectacularly forget about it due to a massive lab report due soon. Really cool to hear about the new e-books though.

Leave a Reply

[bbp-topic-form]