Activity Forums The Hall of Hobbies Gaming Garrison The Gaming Mounties General Discussion

Tagged: 

• BrokenVoid

May 14, 2019 at 12:49 am

Awesome, thanks @Ignatius!

• Valerian

May 14, 2019 at 12:51 am

thanks @Ignatius ^^

• CJB

Administrator
    May 14, 2019 at 12:55 am

I’m gonna pop this over into General Discussion :cjsmile:

• Ignatius

May 14, 2019 at 12:56 am

Gotcha, thank you! I just didn’t really know where to put it :smile:

• Connielass

May 14, 2019 at 12:55 am

WooT! Thanks @Ignatius!

• Ignatius

May 14, 2019 at 1:11 am

Alright how do we wanna proceed? If you guys want I could set up a discord or something for us gaming Mounties if we decide to play a game or something (Just an idea)

Another Idea is to just talk about what we play or stuff like that (Sharing stories, etc!)

• CJB

Administrator
      May 14, 2019 at 1:13 am

Hey @Ignatius, The Mountaineers have a Discord server that you gain access to at Trust Level 3, with gaming and all sorts of other channels. This topic would be a great place for general gaming discussion, which I’d love to have on the forum.

• Ignatius

May 14, 2019 at 1:15 am

Alright, copy, so this will be designated story and basic (gaming) discussion!

• BrokenVoid

May 14, 2019 at 1:23 am

But I mean we could still make our own gaming-specific discord group if we want to, and still use this thread for general game discussion

• CJB

Administrator
      May 14, 2019 at 1:26 am

Yeah, if it’s okay with you, I’d rather not split the community across three separate areas. It’s already complex enough for new readers. :cjsmile:

• BrokenVoid

May 14, 2019 at 1:27 am

Yeah that’s fine, we’ll just keep it to the existing discord then. I just don’t have access to that yet

• Ignatius

May 14, 2019 at 1:29 am

Nor do I but I’m sure it won’t take long for us to get there so we’ll just leave it the way it is as to not make that big of a ripple in the lake of the forum!

• Ignatius

May 14, 2019 at 1:26 am

Alright I guess I’ll volunteer to start us off!

So what does everyone play? Personally I tend to play more along the line of Rainbow Six Siege, Smite, (occasionally) Apex, stuff like that! Although it does tend to change based off what I’m feeling!

• BrokenVoid

May 14, 2019 at 1:34 am

Anyway, I personally like really story-driven games like Dishonored, the Elder Scrolls games, The Witcher, etc. I also like anything with lots of cool monsters

• CJB

Administrator
      May 14, 2019 at 1:38 am

Love Dishonored and Elder Scrolls! (Don’t get @Augustus_Octavian started on his knowledge of Elder Scrolls lore. It’s shocking.)

• Ignatius

I didn’t plan on bringing it up but I used to mod a bunch on Skyrim and Oblivion and the Fallout games. A guy needs his secrets so I won’t reveal quite yet why I left that lifestyle.

Lately I’ve just been playing things where it’s me vs. whoever and its whoever is quicker/better wins.

• BrokenVoid

May 14, 2019 at 1:35 am

And I’ve recently been playing Risk of Rain 2 a lot

• CJB

Administrator
    May 14, 2019 at 1:36 am

I am (no surprise) really into lore/story-based games. Was just playing Arkham Knight for the 10th time and lost count of how many times I’ve NG’d the Dark Souls series.

• BrokenVoid

I made a lot of progress in the first Dark Souls but then my controller started malfunctioning where I couldn’t run forward, which is very hindering.

• BrokenVoid

May 14, 2019 at 1:40 am

I have a bad habit of getting really close to the end of a game and then falling out of it and moving onto another game. I’m so close to the ending of The Witcher 3 and Dishonored 2

• Connielass

May 14, 2019 at 1:40 am

I’ve played a lot of board/card games with family. Video games, I’m still trying to beat Ganon in Breath of the Wild, and Mario+Rabbids. I’m definitely into story-driven games, heavy on the fantasy where I can get it. Lore, puzzle/riddle, that sort of thing.

• CJB

Administrator
      May 14, 2019 at 1:42 am

Yeah, those are my favorite. And Survival/Sims… Minecraft, No Man’s Sky, and Stardew Valley most recently.

• Ignatius

May 14, 2019 at 1:41 am

It would seem I’m the one out of place here with my shooters lol…

Although I do love a good story…

• BrokenVoid

May 14, 2019 at 1:44 am

I do still like the occasional arena combat game like Apex Legends, Overwatch, Planetside

• Connielass

May 14, 2019 at 1:42 am

I’ve heard good things about Stardew, I’ll have to look a little further into it. I just wish I had the money to buy all the games that have been coming out lately

• Ignatius

May 14, 2019 at 1:43 am

I loved Ark: Survival Evolved… Though I still operated like a shooter… I have some odd tales from that game!

• CJB

Administrator
      May 14, 2019 at 1:49 am

I wanted to try Ark because of the primitive/building aspects. Less so for the mmo. :slight_smile:

• Ignatius

May 14, 2019 at 1:55 am

Ark was amazing but unless you’ve already bought it I don’t recommend getting into it unless it goes on some major sale although I got into it and just fell in love with the camaraderie it caused!

• revenaisreve

May 14, 2019 at 1:55 am

Does anyone like adventure games? They pretty much the only games I play.

Just got caught up with Life is Strange 2 a few days ago. Before that I was playing Night in the Woods, but I think I’m quite late to the game. It was a big kick in the feels though. Thinking about maybe trying to play Oxenfree again – for some reason it gave me a headache the last time I tried to play. Not sure what I will play after that – I’ve been slowly but steadily tackling KH3, but it is significantly less exciting for me than it was 15 years ago when KH2 dropped lol

• BrokenVoid

May 14, 2019 at 1:57 am

I really like adventure games too. I’d love to play Kingdom Hearts 3 but I don’t have a system for it. The only game console I have is an old PS2. I really love the Persona series, especially the 3rd one.

• revenaisreve

May 14, 2019 at 2:03 am

Persona 5 was great. I’ve been wanting to get my hands on P4Golden and Persona 3 Portable, it’s too bad they never got ports to the newer systems tho. I do have beef with their portrayal of LGBT people, but I guess that’s just Atlus. :laurencry:

• BrokenVoid

May 14, 2019 at 2:04 am

I’ve got P3P, I could send it to you if you want. I wish I could play P5 but again I don’t have a system to play it on.

• Connielass

May 14, 2019 at 2:12 am

Unlike @BrokenVoid, I often feel left out because I only have a Switch, which not a lot of people have vs the huge PS/Xbox community. I’d really like to have a taste of Elder Scrolls…

• CJB

Administrator
      May 14, 2019 at 2:12 am

I haz Switch! :raised_hand:

• Ignatius

May 14, 2019 at 2:13 am

I guess now would be an excellent time to ask, who plays on what?

I personally am solely a PC kinda guy

• revenaisreve

May 14, 2019 at 2:21 am

I have a PS4, and I sometimes play games on my PC. It can’t handle a lot tho. Sometimes I still bust out the ol’ 3Ds and Wii U.

Been dying to get a Switch for ages. One day I will have it. :deirdreexcited:

• Connielass

May 14, 2019 at 2:15 am

Used to play PC, back when I had an actual PC. My laptop right now is NOT optimized for gaming.

• BrokenVoid

May 14, 2019 at 2:17 am

I’m mainly PC, but I also have a Switch

• Ignatius

May 14, 2019 at 2:19 am

Alright so i’ve got a couple PC buddies… Honestly I was just making a conversation and have no clue where to take this discussion next…

• Bina

May 14, 2019 at 2:20 am

I play a lot of puzzle or story driven games. Usually on my laptop, but sometimes I go back to my DS to play The World Ends With You, which is one of my all time favorite games.

• BrokenVoid

May 14, 2019 at 2:21 am

That’s a great one, I really loved that game

• Connielass

May 14, 2019 at 2:22 am

@Revenir, wait at least another year, rumors are flying about a newer console already.

I also have a 2ds xl, playing Ocarina of Time on that one.

• revenaisreve

May 14, 2019 at 2:23 am

Oh man, seriously? That’s pretty unfair to the people who bought in. Usually Nintendo consoles last ages.

• Connielass

May 14, 2019 at 2:25 am

Mostly fueled by the fact that the current one takes a lot of battery life. That’s why I only play it docked. That and it costs twice as much as my DS

• Ginger

May 14, 2019 at 2:40 am

I’m a PC kind of gal as of current, but I’m a sucker for old school rpg’s and the consoles they were originally for. So my all time favourite is Earthbound, but things like Stardew Valley are my bread and butter.

Anything with really good story will get me though, so I was into Fallout, Bioshock, Assassin’s Creed, etc.

Not really a fan of MMO’s but I’ll put up with them for games I enjoy like Tera, Star Wars: The Old Republic, etc.

I mainly game on PC because uni life? Back home we have one of every old console which is fun but limiting. My favourite newish consoles are the XBox 360 or PS3 and 4. If you couldn’t tell though, I don’t exactly keep up with video games because I’m a busy bee :sweat_smile:

• revenaisreve

May 14, 2019 at 2:42 am

Oof, that’s a feel.

I cut down on my gaming a lot because I feel like I could be more productive if I’m drawing. But sometimes it’s nice to shut down for an hour or two.

• Ginger

May 14, 2019 at 2:44 am

I totally agree. I go through cycles of it, and when I’m really itching is when I’ll log back in online normally to SWTOR.

I’m more motivated to play games when someone plays them with me so I have somebody sitting down and forcing me to make time :sweat_smile:

• metatomato

May 14, 2019 at 2:46 am

Random, strange fact about my gaming history, I used to be one of the best in the world at Line Rider. OpalRiderLR – YouTube

I still attribute that game as the sole reason I went into design as my profession, but I haven’t played as much recently. I do usually stick to creative/rhythm/racing or platformer games though.

• Connielass

May 14, 2019 at 3:07 am

OOH!! ACIII: Liberation is coming to switch this month!! I can’t wait until I have the money for it!!

• cjheighton1998

May 14, 2019 at 3:20 am

waitwaitwaitwaitwait. Risk of Rain 2? We have ROR mounties besides me and helios? >:0 !!!

we need to get in touch about a few casual runs at some point, we do.

• BrokenVoid

May 14, 2019 at 3:31 am

Yup, just got it recently and I’ve been pretty hooked on it

• cjheighton1998

May 14, 2019 at 3:32 am

All i can say is dont waste lunar coins on arcanist. Everything else im still learning just as much as you are ^^;

• BrokenVoid

May 14, 2019 at 3:33 am

Yeah it’s too late for that, I already have all the survivors unlocked

• cjheighton1998

May 14, 2019 at 3:33 am

rip xD When i played RoR 1 i mained huntress exclusively, glad to see they made her EVEN BETTER in this one. makes me happy.

• BrokenVoid

May 14, 2019 at 3:34 am

Yeah… heavy hitter but way too slow to be effective solo. I was at hard difficulty before I could even find the first teleporter

• BrokenVoid

May 14, 2019 at 3:35 am

Huntress all the way, and engineer because he’s kinda overpowered

• cjheighton1998

May 14, 2019 at 3:37 am

mhh, i never could get into engie, tbh. I guess im just not the type for that super technical play.

• Nimueh

May 14, 2019 at 7:44 am

Okay, here we go…

So I play a lot of different games (though not much recently cause of uni work). Assassin’s Creed (loved Origins, need to finish Odyssey), Overwatch (Mercy main ftw), For the King, Skyrim, Sea of Thieves (still need to try the new update), Conan Exilies, and more that I can’t think of right now.

• BrokenVoid

May 14, 2019 at 12:21 pm

For the King is pretty cool, but I’m absolutely terrible at it

• jameshonke

May 14, 2019 at 9:01 am

Story-based games are the one! Either love games where you follow the pre-planned story (The Witcher 3) or ones where you get to craft your own story (Crusader Kings 2 or Rimworld).

• Nimueh

May 14, 2019 at 11:22 am

Ooo, I love CK2! Great for when you just want something chill to play/run when you’re watchign TV.

• jameshonke

May 14, 2019 at 1:12 pm

100%! Though I tend to find that I get a little too involved in it and miss what I’m watching…

• CJB

Administrator
    May 14, 2019 at 11:38 am

I play every platform but PC, but play PS4 the least, except for Horizon: Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, and Dragon Quest Builders. :cjsmile:

• Guddrik_Vollan

May 14, 2019 at 12:31 pm

I play mainly on PC, but I also have a PS4. What I play the most of right now is Monster Hunter World and Killing Floor 2. However I also love games like Diablo, Torchlight, the Uncharted Series, Lara Croft, the Elder Scrolls series, Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect, and Minecraft. I have stopped playing most single player games though, because I normally play games these days as a way to keep up with friends. I really enjoy games, but my life has gotten. A little more hectic so if I am going to play, I would rather play in a group.

• Ignatius

May 14, 2019 at 2:24 pm

Oooo I do enjoy killing floor 2 as well, what class do you play? @Guddrik_Vollan

I feel much the same about playing in a group, well depending on the game but most of the time I like a group!

• Guddrik_Vollan

May 14, 2019 at 3:09 pm

In Killing Floor 2 I have been playing most as the gunslinger class, but I have also enjoyed playing commando and marksman as well. In the first Killing Floor I almost exclusively played commando.

• Augustus_Octavian

May 14, 2019 at 12:58 pm

I’m mostly on Xbox, a little bit on PC. I just started Operencia: the Stolen Sun and it’s been fun so far. My undying love for the Elder Scrolls series started back with Morrowind, which I downloaded and started playing again a few months ago (House Telvanni for life, nwah!) but I’ve played through all of them multiple times :grimacing: . I just started up with Elder Scrolls: Blades on my phone. Very different than the rest of the series, but sort of a nice short way to mindlessly spend a few minutes at the time.

Edit: For PC, I was playing Pathfinder: Kingmaker, but it just made me nostalgic for NWN2, so I re-downloaded that and started playing that a little bit again, too.

• cjheighton1998

May 14, 2019 at 2:28 pm

I played the vr killing floor at my last job, it… well, it was freaky as hell. As someone terrible with horror and zombie movies, i regret everything xD

• Guddrik_Vollan

May 14, 2019 at 3:11 pm

I understand. I don’t think I could handle a VR killing floor. I typically hate anything horror related but for whatever reason non-VR Killing Floor doesn’t bother me.

• Leaves

May 14, 2019 at 7:42 pm

I play lots of video games. I love games where you can create your own character or games with story. Love all the Final Fantasy and Legend of Zelda games. Currently playing Deltarune. I’ve also gotten into some horror games(Until Dawn and Resident Evil 2) even though it takes me ages to get anywhere due to fear.

• metatomato

May 14, 2019 at 8:17 pm

Oh yeah, if anyone plays Mario Kart or Splatoon, we should exchange friend codes. I don’t often play multi-player games, but I make an exception for Nintendo.

• Viviane

May 14, 2019 at 8:33 pm

My game preferences have evolved a lot over the years based on what systems I have access to. I grew up on consoles but loved PC gaming from the moment I had my own PC, especially RPGs and story-driven games. However, I had a laptop stolen a few years ago and haven’t been able to replace my PC yet with something that will run the majority of modern games, so I’m limited to older games and less graphics-focused games with lower sysreqs, which is how my recent indie/adventure game streak has come in.

I have played a lot of Elder Scrolls in the past (mostly Skyrim, followed by Morrowind). Recently I’ve been re-playing a lot of PS2 games from my childhood (The Hobbit, Prince of Persia, Sly Cooper, etc.), as well as Fallout: New Vegas. In terms of more recent stuff for PC, I really enjoyed Undertale; Papers, Please; and Oxenfree (@Revenir if you can get through it visually I’d love to talk about it with you!) And I’m not so much a multiplayer person, though I’ll make an exception for Minecraft.

• Guddrik_Vollan

May 14, 2019 at 8:42 pm

I absolutely love the sly cooper series! Prince of Persia is another series I enjoy as well! Man, I am glad you reminded me about them.

• Leaves

May 14, 2019 at 9:35 pm

Yes! Papers, Please! I loved that game. Also, since you like Undertale have you played Deltarune?

• Viviane

May 14, 2019 at 11:06 pm

I actually…haven’t yet? :grimacing: I’ve just had other things on my plate since it released, but it’s on my list! (I actually got through most of Undertale in 72 hours during college while recovering from a stomach flu, and I just don’t have that kind of time anymore. :joy:)

• Connielass

May 15, 2019 at 12:40 am
  • Remus

May 15, 2019 at 8:01 am

Wow, this thread took off really quick, but that makes sense in this community :sweat_smile:. Umm, my gaming style and preferences have also changed a lot over time. I really got into gaming with PC games like Wizard101 (which actually isn’t that bad of a game) and Minecraft. I liked these games because I could easily sink a lot of time into them, and I still enjoy playing them to this day (I just haven’t had the time since I started University :joy:). For non-PC games, I’ve really only played on Nintendo consoles because that’s all I’ve ever owned.

Right now, I’ve got a Switch, Wii, and a New!3DS XL, and so I have a lot of range when it comes to what I can play. I’m replaying through Pokemon Platinum, and I started Okami HD on the switch before I left to study abroad for the semester. I’ve also got Octopath Traveler, Let’s Go! Eevee, and a couple of other of games that I’m hoping to start up during this summer (like Skyrim).

• Sellalellen

May 15, 2019 at 8:42 am

I don’t know if this counts, and it’s a little bit embarrassing, but it’s 2 am so I don’t have all my mental filters in place.

I play mostly otome games (dating sims) on my iPad. (iPad is why I don’t think it counts and otome are the embarrassing part.) I’d like to be able to get into console gaming but I can’t get my little brothers off the Xbox long enough for me to figure out how it works so I stick with the otome games and whatever MMO I have on my iPad at the time. I tend to play one for a few months and then get bored and get a different one, even though most play just about the same. Honestly though, if anyone wants recommendations for otome games, hit me up. I play 3 or 4 at a time and delete one to get another once I’m done all the routes so I know lots of good ones.

If anyone knows a good, relaxing mobile game with lots of grinding for resources, please let me know. I’m always looking for something low-brainpower to do while listening to podcasts.

If I can someday get control of the Xbox I want to play Halo. I read most of the books and enjoyed them, but never played.

• metatomato

May 15, 2019 at 2:01 pm

Tbh, there’s a few otome games that I’ve found really, really good. Katawa Shoujo was the most amazing thing to ever come out of 4chan, and I’m currently playing through the Arcana, which is pretty good so far (Just waiting for that Portia storyline to drop)…

I’m glad you mentioned you liked these kinds of games, it’s a lot easier to be open about them when someone else does it first.

• Ashburn

May 15, 2019 at 3:44 pm

:eyes:

There are several of us that play Arcana…

Personally finished the upright ending for Asra and am working through Julian’s track at the moment.

• Nimueh

May 15, 2019 at 4:07 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot about Arcana. I finished Asra’s upright ending too, and am very curious to check out some of the other stories they’ve added recently, particularly Muriel.

• Leaves

May 15, 2019 at 10:53 pm

I tried to play Arcana but it took too long to wait for the energy to recharge

• revenaisreve

May 15, 2019 at 7:06 pm

If you have a small bit o’ cash to spend, I believe Stardew Valley is on mobile. It’s a sweet and relaxing game.

• Connielass

May 15, 2019 at 9:05 am

I played the original Halo on the first xbox… Haven’t since then. Would really like to. If I could afford an xbox, and a ps, and all the games for each system, plus the ones coming out for switch…

• Sellalellen

May 15, 2019 at 9:06 am

I think I want to play Halo: Reach the most. The book The Fall of Reach was one of my favourites. My brothers might have the game actually. I wonder.

• BrokenVoid

May 15, 2019 at 12:13 pm

That’s such a Thornie thing to do: “I want to play this video game because I liked the book based on it.”

• Ignatius

May 15, 2019 at 8:23 pm

@BrokenVoid Technically The Fall of Reach isn’t based on Halo:Reach but I agree that’s a Thornie reason lol

• BrokenVoid

May 15, 2019 at 8:47 pm

I don’t know anything about Halo to be honest, I’ve never read or played anything related to it.

• Ginger

May 15, 2019 at 4:10 pm

The artwork for The Arcana is just so pretty :pleading_face::heart_eyes:

• Kudall

May 15, 2019 at 4:39 pm

I’ve never played The Arcana but if you guys are talking about the mobile game I see adds for it all the time and it looks gorgeous. Is it worth giving a shot?

• metatomato

May 15, 2019 at 5:09 pm

I enjoy it! It’s definitely not for everyone (light story romance, decision driven game), but the story works well and the art style is beautiful.

• Kudall

May 15, 2019 at 5:19 pm

This might be a silly question, but is the romance gender locked or are you able to romance anyone you’d like?

• metatomato

May 15, 2019 at 5:29 pm

They have multiple characters you can date with a variety of genders. They don’t change the genders of characters but you can choose your own pronouns to whatever you think fits best.

• Kudall

May 15, 2019 at 5:34 pm

Awesome! I’m going on a small road trip today so maybe I’ll play when I need a break from reading.

• Rimor

May 15, 2019 at 7:49 pm

Has anyone here seen the advert for the mobile game wizards unite? :deirdreexcited:

• Nimueh

May 15, 2019 at 8:01 pm

I signed up for that a while ago, haven’t heard much from it since. Isn’t it out in Aus though?

• Ashburn

May 15, 2019 at 11:04 pm

I got to the point where I was playing the mini game and racking up keys/coins waiting for chapters to come up.

I think by the time I finished Asra’s route I still had enough coins to do all the paid options nearly halfway through Julian’s route. :sweat_smile: Keys I’m still good on for a while, probably through the end of this run. :itsukitongue:

But yeah, lots of free otome games take a bit of time to get through them without spending money to play through faster.

• revenaisreve

May 16, 2019 at 8:33 pm

Ok since we seem to have a few Arcana fans… Am I the only one who wants a Lucio route? :joy:

He is evil as heck but also cute and I wouldn’t mind a route where he’s less of a scumbag haha. Give me more of the nasty goat man.

I also want a Muriel route but from the first little book they released I know I will have FEELS and I am Afraid.

• Ashburn

May 16, 2019 at 8:37 pm

I might investigate Muriel’s once I’ve run through Julian’s, but Lucio…

Even the minor interactions in that heart hunter game give me annoyed hate face. It’s entirely possible that they’d make him more tolerable for something that’ll last that long, but at this point I don’t think it’d be for me.

That said, they’re totally adding him.

• revenaisreve

May 16, 2019 at 8:44 pm

Very valid. He’s a bad dude and I think a route with him will be love it or hate it with the fandom.

• Leaves

May 16, 2019 at 10:50 pm

Yeah, I would love a Lucio route!

Edit: If it turned out he was like…a closet romantic or you could get him to turn into a nice dude with the power of love

• revenaisreve

May 16, 2019 at 11:26 pm

Oh god I’m such a sap for that kind of story. Turn em good with the power of love and cuteness. So cliche but I still enjoy it. :joy:

• metatomato

May 16, 2019 at 8:55 pm

It’ll be a hard sell. The only thing I dislike more than an evil, self centered person is an entitled rich political figure, and this guy is both.

• Lunalie

May 19, 2019 at 3:27 pm

A gaming thread! Awesome! Gaming has been a huge hobby since I was young. I started with the NES playing Zelda when I was 5 or 6, even though at the time I really didn’t have a clue what I was doing. Zelda is still one of my top game series of all time!

Nowadays I play whatever is new and interesting, and some competitive pvp games also. My most recently finished game is Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, so obsessed with ancient Greek mythology so this game was heaven for me. Aside from that I’ve just been playing overwatch! I main tank :slight_smile:

• Ignatius

May 19, 2019 at 3:28 pm

Finally someone who plays some pvp games! lol

What pvp games do you play?

• Lunalie

May 19, 2019 at 3:35 pm

I’ve played quite a lot of them, currently playing Overwatch, and I’ve been playing league of legends off and on for years. Used to play a lot of survival mmos, like Rust and Ark, but my PC can’t keep up anymore.

• Ignatius

May 19, 2019 at 3:49 pm

Yeah I played Ark for the longest time, I played a tiny bit of Rust but not much. Right now i’ve been mainly playing Rainbow Six Siege, Apex, etc. I thought about buying Overwatch but never got around to it…

Speaking of Ark I have some interesting stories from it!

• Lunalie

May 19, 2019 at 4:11 pm

I loved ark! I played it since beta, but after a big update they did who knows what to the graphics, and my PC can’t run it above the lowest settings. Which means I can’t see dinos until they’re basically on top of me, and anyone who’s played it knows why that’s bad, lol

• Ignatius

May 19, 2019 at 4:18 pm

Yeah that’s a issue lol. I did so much pvp in that game it’s wild.

• Lunalie

May 19, 2019 at 4:21 pm

Hard to play when this is how your game looks :frowning:

• Ignatius

May 19, 2019 at 4:55 pm

Yeah… Have you checked to see if you can bump up the view distance by itself? Or does that still screw up the game?

• Lunalie

May 19, 2019 at 5:01 pm

Yeah it drops my fps so badly. I even launch with no sky effects. I’ve just accepted that I can’t play it anymore, even though I have 350 hours into it

• Ignatius

May 19, 2019 at 5:03 pm

Hmm, I do not know what to tell you then, im sorry ill let you know if I think of something though!

• Rimor

May 21, 2019 at 8:44 pm

So I’m currently playing Assassin’s creed Odyssey and it’s an amazing game but the story aspect is a bit disappointing. When I heard about the Alexio Vs Kassandra play options I thought that they’d have different dialogue and stories to maintain a bit of mystery around which timeline was the real timeline. I also thought they’d have different interactions in the game and that choices would have bigger consequences. For example theres a quest right at the beginning where you can chose to kill the infected family or not. Later on in the game Athens is hit by a plague but your choice at the beginning has no effect. All the happens is that your character wonders if they played a part in it.. The other annoying thing is the spart Vs Athens, it’d be a lot cooler if you actually had to pick a side and that effected the game. But you really just get forced from one side to the other. The whole invade Vs defence thing is pretty redundant unless you want to farm gear and cash as the game idly flips regions but never allows one side to win.

Over all its a really pretty game but they just could have done so much more with it in my opinion.

(Btw I’m on Xbox, if you want to add me there it’s Centurion Rimor)

• Lunalie

May 23, 2019 at 1:53 am

I agree with you on the spartan vs Athens thing, I was pretty confused at first because of it honestly. I thought I was supposed to pick, so I didn’t understand why I was getting bounties for “my” side, haha.

I liked it mostly because the map is massive, the combat is fun, and the Greek theme was really cool. I kinda almost wish it wasn’t an assassin’s creed game because I wasn’t a fan of the out of game stuff all assassin’s creed games have. I know it’s part of it, but I still felt like it would be cooler as a standalone ancient grecian rpg.

• Ignatius

May 24, 2019 at 3:50 pm

Seeing as the conversation has died a little ill throw some more proverbial wood on the fire!

Seeing as the 10 year anniversary of Mine craft just rolled around I decided to boot it up and found myself now playing through to “beat” the game

• Rimor

May 24, 2019 at 3:52 pm

Grumbles about Notch not being invited to the anniversary party

I’ve played Minecraft for so many years but I lost my pc copy somehow so I’ve been playing on Xbox which isn’t as fun. On the pc I used to use the mod pack Feed the Beast which made the game even more fun!

• Ignatius

May 24, 2019 at 4:27 pm

Yeah I used to play random mod packs with a few friends of mine and it was so fun!

• Rimor

May 24, 2019 at 5:03 pm

Have you played with the thaumcraft mod?

• Ignatius

May 24, 2019 at 5:10 pm

I have not…

• metatomato

May 24, 2019 at 5:48 pm

Thaumcraft is my favorite mod next to maybe some of the building mods like Chisel, Carpenters Blocks, Micro blocks, and Bibliocraft.

Also, I have a realms server set up on bedrock edition if anyone’s interested. Normally play Java, but I had a few friends who only had console version.

• Ignatius

May 24, 2019 at 5:50 pm

I might look into it! Although it will be once I get back next week.

• metatomato

May 24, 2019 at 5:50 pm

Sure! Just pm me when you’re ready.

• KingDAP

May 24, 2019 at 4:46 pm

I currently play Destiny 2 but I have a long history with gaming as I started on the original NES in the ’80s when I was a kid.

I love never-ending games that comprise of vast virtual worlds to explore and where you build your character. So Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and I LOVED the Fable franchise. It’s too bad it fell off the map.

And of course, being prior military, I enjoy 1st person shooters, which is why I love Destiny. It’s like a mix of both worlds. Magic/fantasy/lore/rpg and Shooter.

• Ignatius

May 24, 2019 at 5:12 pm

I loved Elder Scrolls, Fallout and I love, love First Person Shooters.

• KingDAP

May 24, 2019 at 5:18 pm

Have you played Destiny at all? I know there’s a lot of salt in the gaming world about the game but forget that. If you like competitive fps Destiny’s Crucible (pvp) is fun and such an adrenaline rush!

• Ignatius

May 24, 2019 at 5:23 pm

I used to play Destiny although I never bought any of the expansions and then got hardcore back into Rainbow Six Siege and haven’t picked it back up

• KingDAP

May 24, 2019 at 5:30 pm

It’s definitely come a long way since the original release (i.e. many more expansions)!

In 2 they currently have ‘seasons’ as a way to do away with having to get an expansion.

There’s new powers/abilities, weapons, and enemies and of course new storylines. It would probably be a p.i.t.a. to get caught up! Lol

• Ignatius

May 24, 2019 at 5:46 pm

Ill give it a try later and get back to you!

• KingDAP

May 24, 2019 at 5:55 pm

I usually go solo but if you get into it maybe we can team up!

• Ignatius

May 24, 2019 at 5:58 pm

Alright, although like I just said to Tomato I am going on a trip from tomorrow till late next week so it’ll be a bit before I actually get time to sit down and play through it but I’ll make sure to let you know!

• KingDAP

May 24, 2019 at 6:06 pm

:fist::sunglasses:

• Ignatius

June 3, 2019 at 12:07 am

@KingDAP About Destiny 2

I logged on today as I finally got time but then found out that I never actually bought any of the DLC so im super far behind and I don’t have any money to spend on games atm so I don’t think Destiny is gonna happen any time soon :cry:

• KingDAP

June 3, 2019 at 12:47 am

No biggy my friend. But if you ever do get back into it and need a fire team member, count me in. I don’t foresee myself quitting it anytime soon!

• Ignatius

June 3, 2019 at 12:48 am

Alright sounds good! You never know the 3rd one might come out sometime!

• KingDAP

June 3, 2019 at 12:49 am

There already are some rumors floating around!

• Ignatius

June 3, 2019 at 2:36 am

@KingDAP

I had an idea that i’d be down to try if you’re interested. I join you as I am and hope for the best, even if in my current state I might not be the most… uh… effective

• KingDAP

June 3, 2019 at 3:16 am

Hey no problem. I’m not one of those gamers that gets all bent outta shape if someone doesn’t play well. Although I do get a little animated in PvP sometimes😁. And I’m moslty used to going solo so things that require a team, like raids, I’ve never really gotten into.

• Ignatius

June 3, 2019 at 3:19 am

I might get frustrated with myself because im not doing well but im sure it’ll be fun nonetheless

• KingDAP

June 3, 2019 at 3:23 am

Yes! So the question is, what platform are you on and what time zone are you in?

• Ignatius

June 3, 2019 at 3:29 am

I play on PC, and i’m in Georgia and I think its Eastern Standard Time

• KingDAP

June 3, 2019 at 3:41 am

PC?:weary: NOOOooooooo… Lol Well we got the time zone right! I’m in FL. But unfortunately I’m on Xbox and Destiny doesn’t do cross-platform…yet!

• Ignatius

June 3, 2019 at 3:43 am

Agh… Maybe it will become cross-platform or perhaps Destiny 3 will be! Well it was worth a shot lol!

• KingDAP

June 3, 2019 at 3:45 am

Yeah that’s one of the issues I’m sure they’ll address when 3 comes out.

• Lunalie

June 4, 2019 at 2:15 am

Oh they announced a destiny 3? I enjoyed destiny 2, but I wasn’t really driven to play it for long after reaching max level.

• KingDAP

June 4, 2019 at 4:44 am

They’ve been raising the level every new season now. First with the Season of the Forge. We are now ending the Season of the Drifter and the Season of Opulence starts Tuesday!

• KingDAP

June 4, 2019 at 4:50 am

Btw @Lunalie 3 hasn’t been officially announced yet. Only rumors for now.

• hannah-thomas

May 27, 2019 at 4:55 pm

I’m so excited to see a gaming thread! I’m pretty sure at this point of of my irl friends are tired of hearing me talk about how amazing my switch is, so it would be nice to have some new ears :sweat_smile:. There’s only so many times I can show someone my little octoling before they never want to hear the word Splatoon again.

• Lunalie

May 28, 2019 at 1:50 am

I still haven’t bought a switch yet, splatoon isn’t really my thing, haha. I only want one for pokemon games anyway…

• hannah-thomas

May 28, 2019 at 1:54 am

That’s totally fair, Sword and Shield are already looking pretty good, and I know someone who got the Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee special release and it’s super cute.

• metatomato

May 28, 2019 at 2:44 am

Send over your friend code, I play splatoon 2 also.

• Shadow

May 28, 2019 at 7:30 pm

Am I the only one who can’t seem to stick with one game for more than a week. Currently I’m juggling what feels like too many games; switching from Dark Souls to Monster Hunter to The Witcher, with sprinklings of Titanfall 2 and Gwent on the side for some multiplayer flare. My friends have wanted to play Castle Crasher so we started a new game last week. Honestly I’m starting to think I have commitment issues.

• Connielass

May 28, 2019 at 9:48 pm

Me. Can’t stick to one game for more than a few days.

• Reanne

May 28, 2019 at 11:35 pm

Woah! A gaming thread, this place really is awesome! Just seeing Skyrim and Dishonored being talked about makes me so happy :,) Honestly, it games like those that really help me get into like “fantasy mode” where I can just like splurge all my creative ideas into tangible things like art or heck even a story. Anyways, anyone here play Red Dead Redemption 2?

• Leaves

May 30, 2019 at 5:17 pm

I cried when I beat the story of RDR2. :cry:

• KingDAP

June 1, 2019 at 2:53 pm

I loved Red Dead 1 and have waited for 2 for years! But now that it’s finally here, I’ve been dragging my feet on getting it!

• Rimor

June 1, 2019 at 6:51 pm

I’m waiting till it’s cheaper :laughing:

• KingDAP

June 1, 2019 at 6:54 pm

Yes! Lol

• Rimor

June 1, 2019 at 6:55 pm

I really wanna get Division 2 and pre order Ghost recon Breakpoint

• Ignatius

June 1, 2019 at 6:56 pm

whispers It’s breakpoint

In all seriousness I also really want Breakpoint

• Rimor

June 1, 2019 at 6:58 pm

Sorry I just read a book called point break :laughing:

What they’ve done with breakpoint looks so damn cool!!! Also they have the actor who played the punisher in Netflix’s series Punisher in it!!!

• Ignatius

June 1, 2019 at 7:02 pm

Yeah! I actually just finished Punisher :smiley:

• cjheighton1998

May 29, 2019 at 12:52 am

saw this in a store today, it was too good to pass up. Monster hunter potion symbol, with a herb and mushroom symbol inside the pocket.

• Shadow

May 29, 2019 at 5:31 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever been more jealous of a shirt before. That looks so cool.

• cjheighton1998

May 29, 2019 at 5:56 pm

I like it cause its so minimal that nobody will really get it unless they play MH.

• Shadow

May 29, 2019 at 6:05 pm

For when you’re going out with friends who don’t play MH but secretly hoping to meet a fellow hunter while out in the town. The crafting recipe is such a nice touch too.

• cjheighton1998

May 29, 2019 at 6:06 pm

Right? :3

• Shadow

May 29, 2019 at 6:23 pm

What weapons do you use by the way, I’ve become quite decent at most of the weapons but I always seem to find my way back to the switch axe…

• cjheighton1998

May 29, 2019 at 6:59 pm

Bowcaster, usually ^^ sometimes sword and shield!

• BryxalVoid

May 30, 2019 at 12:19 am

I’ve never played Monster Hunter, but it’s one of those games that I think I could get into. Is there a “best” one to start with? Like is there linear story or just jump in wherever?

• BrokenVoid

May 30, 2019 at 1:43 pm

Nah they’re all individual. I’ve only played Monster Hunter 4 for 3DS. Which one to play depends on what system you prefer because they’ll almost all for a different system

• BryxalVoid

May 30, 2019 at 11:02 pm

This is exactly the kind of push and information that I needed to get motivated to get one of them. Thanks @BrokenVoid and @Shadow!

• BrokenVoid

June 1, 2019 at 3:29 am

Yeah no problem. Even though I never got into them that much they’re definitely cool games and I really wish I played more of them. The main reason and maybe the only reason that I never got into them more was just that I’m really bad at them.

• Shadow

May 30, 2019 at 4:52 pm

There’s really no “best” one to start with, it all really depends how brave you’re feeling. Monster Hunter World is the most beginner friendly in the series, but as it stands it’s late game is lacking when compared to the rest (least until it’s expansion comes out). If you’re looking to dive head first into something a little more complicated and with bigger challenges (especially in it’s far late game content) I would look towards starting with the handheld games. If you do start with the handheld ones, I suggest starting with one of the Ultimate games (MH4U, MHGU, etc) since they have all the content of their vanilla games (MH4, MHG, etc) but with extra content.

• cjheighton1998

June 1, 2019 at 6:17 am

personally i started on and adore MH Tri for the Wii. tri is… a bit tough to play sometimes, because of the graphic quality of my wii, but its super fun, so i enjoy it.

• Heath

May 30, 2019 at 1:57 pm

Hello,

I’m Heath.

Anyone ever play Crysis? Recently started playing to first one again. I’ve had it on hand for years. For 2007 it’s a beautiful game graphically.

Gameplay wise it is a bit of a usual war shooter game. Pick up guns, blast away enemies, you know?

• BrokenVoid

May 30, 2019 at 2:21 pm

I got Crysis 2 from a game bundle many years ago. I’m pretty sure I got almost to the end but I never finished it.

• Heath

May 30, 2019 at 2:31 pm

What’s 2 like? I’ve actually never played any of the others in the Crysis series.

• BrokenVoid

May 30, 2019 at 2:33 pm

Still kinda your average shooter but you have some abilities because of the suit you’re wearing. I also vaguely remember some alien shenanigans. Again it’s been years since I played it.

• Heath

May 30, 2019 at 2:39 pm

Sounds about right based on the first game.

• Leaves

May 30, 2019 at 5:20 pm

Is anybody excited for The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan? Until Dawn was the first horror game I actually got through playing so I’m excited for this new one.

I also really want Horizon Zero Dawn 2 to come out and I’m interested in Hideo Kojima’s Death Stranding with Norman Reedus.

• Nimueh

May 30, 2019 at 5:37 pm

Did you see the new trailer yesterday for Death Stranding? Looks awesome!!! Gutted I don’t have a PS4

• Lunalie

May 30, 2019 at 11:54 pm

@Cj_Heighton I love it! I’m a day late, but I love subtle shirts like that that don’t say the game name. One I have is a skyrim shirt, all it says is fus roh dah. I’ve worn it so much the sleeves are basically falling off though. I’ve patched the underarms I don’t know how many times, but the fabric is just too thin now lol

• cjheighton1998

May 31, 2019 at 2:57 am

Oof. Im sure you can find another one someday :0

• Rimor

June 1, 2019 at 7:15 pm

It’s so sad that they cancelled season 3

• Ignatius

June 1, 2019 at 7:16 pm

Oh I didn’t know that… :cry:

• Anicetus

June 3, 2019 at 1:02 am

I play mostly PS4 these days with some PC gaming. I love RPG and story based games. I also enjoy first persn shooters and some sports games. I’ve been playing Call of Duty and FIFA the most lately as I don’t quite feel like I have the time to really dive into an RPG.

• Ignatius

June 3, 2019 at 1:12 am

Wait @Anicetus do you have Rainbow Six Siege on PC?

• Anicetus

June 3, 2019 at 1:23 am

I don’t unfortunately, it’d be nice to team up.

• Nimuir

June 4, 2019 at 1:59 pm

@Ignatius @KingDAP I also have Destiny 2 sans any DLC on PC but I haven’t…actually properly played it before :sweat_smile: never had the time – maybe I should give it a go??

Otherwise I’ve been dabbling in rpgs and modded Skyrim, but I recently came back to Minecraft after several years away from it and I’m intimidated by the changes haha.

• KingDAP

June 4, 2019 at 2:52 pm

Go for it! There is a lot to catch up on story-wise but I think now they give some kind of “fast-forward” option to where you don’t have to play through all the DLC’s.

• Shadow

June 4, 2019 at 6:37 pm

HOLY HELL, Glavenus was just announced for MHW Iceborne.

• Shadow

June 6, 2019 at 5:56 pm

So E3 is right around the corner. What are some things you guys are hoping to see from the event?

• Ignatius

June 6, 2019 at 6:03 pm

That is a good question…

I would like to see more about Elder Scrolls 6 although thats unlikely. I’d also like to hear some more about Tom Clancy’s Breakpoint. Those are the only two i’ve really been following but if I hear of another I’ll make another post!

• Shadow

June 6, 2019 at 6:06 pm

I remember reading somewhere that Bethesda’s space game Starpoint is planned on being released first then they will work on ES6. I think it’s very likely we’ll get something from that front. Honestly at this point The only thing I want from Bethesda is Doom Eternal. And the next Tom Clancy game is looking very interesting.

• Nimueh

June 6, 2019 at 6:15 pm

So, Breakpoint got a trailer today from the Stadia announcement.

Also, I heard a rummour neither Starpoint or ES6 will be talked about at E3.

I’m personally looking forward to the Avengers announcement from Square, the next AC game (which probably be there), and Xbox announcements (apparently 14 first party titles for the show).

• Ignatius

June 6, 2019 at 6:30 pm

I just watched the Breakpoint trailer! I cringed as he was sharpening his knife as he was doing it in a non-efficient way but oh well.

I think they tried to get you to respect Jon Bernthal’s character (Walker I think his name is) but I left me more indifferent as his values seem slightly off. Either that or they were trying to get us to hate him but I still feel indifferent because of his reasons for what he did. Even with the background of the Wildlands Mission I still find his reasons idiotic and unfounded. Yes your men died, and yes that sucks, but you can’t throw a damn temper tantrum just because soliders die. You’re a special operations team leader, act like one. I added that spoiler simply because I don’t know if everyone’s played the Wildlands Misson…

I also found myself looking at their various weapon systems (M14 EBR, Tar 21, etc.) So most of what I’m seeing is the weapons from Wildlands reused, so i’m slightly disappointed.

Now that I read back over this post it both makes me seem over-analytical. Which I am, but this also could be intimidating and I apologize for that.

• metatomato

June 6, 2019 at 6:16 pm

I’m still looking out for more info on Metroid Prime 4. It think it was last E3 that it was announced, so maybe we’ll get some more info.

• Shadow

June 6, 2019 at 6:31 pm

Isn’t it going to be a reboot?

• metatomato

June 6, 2019 at 7:18 pm

No, they already had all three rebooted with Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Wii. This one was a brand new addition.

• Connielass

June 6, 2019 at 6:17 pm

The next LoZ.

• Shadow

June 6, 2019 at 6:17 pm

I actually hope Microsoft does something worthwhile for their show.

And I really want Nintendo to release something on Three Houses. Of course I’m expecting a new smash character as well.

• hannah-thomas

June 6, 2019 at 7:17 pm

I’m really hoping for more content for VtM:Bloodlines 2, I played the original way back when, loved it, have played every patch or mod made for it, it’s probably my favourite game of all time. I just need like 30 seconds of actual gameplay or a full list of clans to be happy.

• revenaisreve

June 6, 2019 at 8:04 pm

There’s a full list of clans! It’s the same as the first game, minus Nosferatu. Possible DLC clans. We don’t have gameplay footage yet though.

• hannah-thomas

June 6, 2019 at 8:08 pm

I’d only seen the announcements for Tremere and Malk so clearly I’m not looking in the right places. I imagine, if they are showing anything, they’ll demonstrate the three starting disciplines as they’ve already been revealed.

• revenaisreve

June 6, 2019 at 8:12 pm

The twitch is a good place to keep an eye out, also their twitter account. They have a discord as well, which I’ve kind of lurked. I didn’t really vibe with some of the attitudes there, but I suppose that’s what happened when you’re dealing with such a gigantic gaming community. :eavessweat:

• Connielass

June 6, 2019 at 8:45 pm

So ahead of E3, Spawn Wave confirmed that there will be live gameplay on the Stadia during the event.

What’s everyone’s opinions on Stadia? How well do you think it will sell? Will it be worth it to get one, or just stick to the consoles you have?

• Shadow

June 6, 2019 at 9:02 pm

I think the Stadia will serve more as a cheep alternative to many gaming consoles, but I don’t think many people will switch from their current machines to this.

• Nimueh

June 6, 2019 at 9:17 pm

Did you guys see the Stadia event? I think it looks really cool. My internet isn’t the best, but I was so surprised that even on my speed I would be able to play games at 720p. The subscription is on line with Gamepass and, depending on what games are included, will probably be worth getting. And the Founder’s Edition? That’s such a good price for a controller ($69.99), Chrome Caste, 2 3month subs ($60), and D2 Complete Edition. And it’s not really for people to switch from current consoles, it’s meant for people that can’t afford gaming PCs or consoles. It saves space, saves time (no downloads, no patches), and you can take it anywhere to play so long as you have internet.

• Nimuir

June 6, 2019 at 10:14 pm

Stadia sounds really interesting, but I’ll be waiting for some reviews post-launch before I consider buying it…especially because it isn’t launching in Australia anyway :cry:

• revenaisreve

June 6, 2019 at 10:28 pm

It’s pretty impressive. Like…you just need the controller and your TV? It’s almost hard for me to believe that’s all. But the price is really good and the list of games so far is awesome so it’s a good choice for people who can’t afford a console.

• Connielass

June 6, 2019 at 10:32 pm

I just daw it… Ghost Recon, and Destiny 2… drools

Too bad I’m on the job hunt now

• Ignatius

June 7, 2019 at 12:04 am

I just saw this video pop up in my recommended and remembered that we were talking about Destiny 2 recently and this proposes some very good things for Destiny and I’m very much excited!

• Nevi

June 8, 2019 at 3:47 am

Very excited to see a gaming thread, and you already know I’m gonna read through it entirely, haha !

I’m really into a variety of games. Visual Novels/Otomes, MMO(RPGs), Strategy/Management, Rhythm, etc etc. I play on PC, PS4, Switch, and Mobile c:

Just to list a few of the games I either current play, recently played, or am interested in:

• League of Legends
    • Danganronpa ( working on 1 & 3 )
    • FF14 ( thinking about trying it out )
    • MapleStory 2 ( MS always drags me back in . . . )
    • Love Live! School Idol Festival
    • Monster Hunter World
    • Risk of Rain 2
    • Raft, Project Winter ( games I’m interested in )

Yeah . . . Anywaaaaays, really excited to talk about games and maybe link up with some new gaming buds ! :cherry_blossom:

• Ignatius

June 8, 2019 at 3:54 am

I’ve been meaning to ask this for a while now! It seems that you might be the perfect person to ask!

I’ve been looking at Monster Hunter World but haven’t decided if I really wanted to buy it. In your personal opinion is it good/worth the $60 or should I wait for a sale for it to be worth it?

For the record this goes for anyone who wishes to answer, not only @Nevi!

• Nevi

June 8, 2019 at 4:06 am

I suppose it depends on how you function as a gamer !

I really enjoy MHW and have gotten my $60 worth of it and more; especially with the expansion coming out later this year. Graphics are lovely. Defeating Large Monsters and Elders that maybe you could barely tickle before feels satisfying. Playing with friends as usual can be really silly, or sometimes you all really feel the pressure/struggle and when you come out victorious it feels grand.

That being said, I can see how some people don’t enjoy the game quite as much. There is a storyline to follow, but it’s not extensive. Just enough to keep you moving along. Quests become very repetitive, especially if you are grinding for materials for weapons or armor.

I’m the kind of person that doesn’t mind repetitive questing, and I always have goals that push me to keep at it anyways. I’m a bit of a completionist, haha.

Honestly, I think the biggest pro is just that really satisfied feeling you get when you defeat a new Monster. And, ya know, proceeding to beat it down over and over again until you can wear it’s parts as armor

• Ignatius

June 8, 2019 at 4:10 am

I might look into then! I typically don’t mind grinding and such. Although saying this I still might wait for a sale as i’m in the process of completely rebuilding my PC. (I’m extremely excited and disappointed at this. Excited because i’m buying a new computer obviously. Disappointed because it is a hefty chunk of money.)

• Nevi

June 8, 2019 at 4:16 am

Def take a look and see how you feel C:

Yeah, I’m done more than enough grinding in games to not mind it. Plus I kind of enjoy brainless questing in MMORPGs to be honest. This doesn’t feel nearly as bad IMO.

I’ve seen it on sale, so waiting is absolutely an option :ok_hand:

Ooh, that is definitely exciting ! I eventually want a PC, but I’m trying to save and wait until I move ( whenever that will be ), so for now I use a gaming laptop. But also, I feel ya on that money level. Can be rough, but worth it !

• Ignatius

June 8, 2019 at 4:21 am

I saw it on sale not too long ago but I was still saving up for the before mentioned PC and didn’t buy it. I’m sure it will come on sale as the summer progresses and i’ll pick it up then if I don’t see something at E3 that truely grabs me and comes out soon.

Trust me saving for a PC is typically worth it because you can use a PC for so much, and why not just build one that kicks butt while your at it?

• Nevi

June 8, 2019 at 4:48 am

That totally makes sense. I getcha ! Yeah I figured it’d probably go on Sale again, whether for like a Steam sale or to hype up the expansion. Regardless, definitely excited to see what you decide ( because even if you don’t get it I’m sure you’ll find something interesting ! )

Oh absolutely. A bunch of my friends have computers they built or had built for them. Looking forward to doing that myself when the circumstances are right :v:

• Ignatius

June 8, 2019 at 5:02 am

It’s so satisfying building it yourself! I definitely recommend it! Not saying having it built for you is bad as its your choice. I wish that those circumstances may come soon for you!

I will try to save up a little more money specifically for E3 so I can also get Monster Hunter especially since you hold it in a high regard! We shall see what happens though lol

• Guddrik_Vollan

June 8, 2019 at 5:18 pm

I will say Monster Hunter World is absolutely amazing and I would totally recommend it. Keep in mind that a $40 expansion is coming out this winter for PC (September for consoles). You can purchase the game with the expansion pre-ordered right now for $60. I would suggest doing that if you want to purchase it right now, but you may be able to wait and get them seperately on sale for cheaper in the future. It is hard to say, but eith that bundle being available I would definitely say it is worth it. I have read it doubles the content available in the game.

• Ignatius

June 8, 2019 at 5:26 pm

Oh I didn’t know about that! I’ll be sure to look although I might wait I haven’t completely decided yet…

• Rimor

June 8, 2019 at 6:40 pm

@Guddrik_Vollan I love monster Hunter world! I played freedom unite on the PSP!

I can’t wait for the winter expansion!! I’m waiting for the Summer and Winter sales to buy new games as they usually go up for 50% off!

• alexanderskye

June 8, 2019 at 8:47 pm

Anyone here ready for the new Pokemon game coming out for the switch this fall!? I may be 28 but I absolutely love the games!

• BrokenVoid

June 8, 2019 at 10:54 pm

Yes, always hyped for a new Pokémon game!

• Ashburn

June 8, 2019 at 11:06 pm

I am hyped, but would be moreso if it weren’t so expensive to acquire access. (that switch price :cagsko:)

• revenaisreve

June 8, 2019 at 11:17 pm

I’m feelin’ that too. I’m kind of salty they’re not gonna have a 3ds version.

• Miliham

June 8, 2019 at 11:15 pm

pretty sure my plan is to get one of them.

• metatomato

June 9, 2019 at 12:14 am

I think Nintendo’s trying to faze out exclusive handheld content altogether now that consoles have mobile ability. Who knows though, they might keep something around for next generation.

• Connielass

June 9, 2019 at 12:32 am

They’re not trying to, they have. They’re no longer making any more handheld units, no longer selling any. They’re no longer producing first-party games for any of their 3ds/2ds line. They won’t stop third-party games for the handhelds, but their main (and really entire) focus is now on the switch.

• BrokenVoid

June 9, 2019 at 2:45 am

That’s always been Nintendo’s way though, as soon as a new system of any kind comes out they completely stop making games for any prior systems and just funnel everything into the new one.

• Connielass

June 9, 2019 at 9:36 pm

Omg you guys xbox e3!

• Ignatius

June 9, 2019 at 9:39 pm

I actually just got done watching it!

What did you think?

• Connielass

June 9, 2019 at 9:42 pm

I’m hoping I’ll be able to afford the new console by holiday’20 when they launch the new Halo.

• Ignatius

June 9, 2019 at 9:46 pm

@Connielass I’m just happy they’re also launching it on PC!

@Nimueh When he got yelled at that he was breath taking and then called the crowd breath taking I laughed so hard.

• Nimueh

June 9, 2019 at 9:45 pm

Two words: Keanu Reeves

• Connielass

June 9, 2019 at 9:47 pm

I’m just confused why someone thought Miyamoto was going to be there.

And apparently the xbox store crashed right after announcing the game pass for pc

• revenaisreve

June 10, 2019 at 5:03 pm

The VtM gameplay event thing is happening now, for those interested!

• TheMadHare

June 10, 2019 at 5:37 pm

Well, if anyone here is a PS4 gamer you can add me up! My username is The-Mad-Hare. I usually play Warframe, RDR2, Dreams, or The Division 2, although I have hundreds of games.

It’s a pretty serious past time of mine…

• Shadow

June 10, 2019 at 6:01 pm

Dude warframe used to be my go to mmo. I played so much of that game years ago. It’s really interesting to see how that game evolved andd watching DE grow with it was also very nice.

• Miliham

June 10, 2019 at 6:10 pm

i have problems getting into warframe. it just doesn’t sit with me i guess

• Rimor

June 10, 2019 at 6:12 pm

I’ve just pre ordered The Sinking City!!! :deirdreexcited:

• TheMadHare

June 10, 2019 at 7:15 pm

Warframe is a bit hard to get into, but it has so much lore and depth that once you really get your dive on it’s hard to step away. I remember back when the parkour system first changed and it rocked the entire community. Digital Extremes is a phenomenal game company!

I preordered the Sinking City a month ago I think? If you haven’t played it yet, check out Call of Cthulhu. It isn’t combat based, but it is wholly into the Lovecraft mythos and I’d be hard pressed to find a game out nowadays that rivals its truth to the source material.

• Nimueh

June 10, 2019 at 7:41 pm

My list of upcoming games right now is too long guys, I need help!

• Connielass

June 10, 2019 at 8:05 pm

Just now tuning in to Ubisoft’s e3

• Ignatius

June 10, 2019 at 8:06 pm

You aren’t late yet, they just did a music performance and thats about it.

• Connielass

June 10, 2019 at 8:07 pm

I’m gathering that. Watching it via Spawn wave’s livestream

• Ignatius

June 10, 2019 at 8:08 pm

I just didn’t want you to worry that you had missed anything :smiley:

• Miliham

June 10, 2019 at 8:11 pm

i wish i could watch, UBI is one of the game companies i enjoy and want to work for later in life

• Ignatius

June 10, 2019 at 8:13 pm

If you want I can try and keep you up to date with what games they’re talking about?

Page 1 of 3