Activity Forums The Welcome Forum The Welcome Super Topic

• CJB

Administrator
    May 9, 2019 at 11:47 am

We recently archived the original Welcome Topic because it was getting a little tough to manage. This is the fresh, brand spanking new welcome topic where you can introduce yourself to the community!

• alainajarisz

May 9, 2019 at 4:09 pm

Hi everyone!

I am DarkNova! I am a little horrible at introductions, but I love space, cats, and everything magic. I am in the Balimora guild which, when I read the description, suited me very well. I am currently reading The Monarch Papers and trying to figure out how all of this works. It’s my first time ever posting into any sort of form, so go easy on me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

• Rimor

May 9, 2019 at 5:40 pm

Welcome @DarkNova!!!

@Helios and @Nimueh are your guild leaders!!

Make sure you read everything in the first post and the Forum Primer! One you’ve done that and increased in trust level then you can start getting to know everyone over in General Discussion! Another thread you’ll probably love is the pets thread!

• kimlocke

May 9, 2019 at 5:46 pm

Hello :slight_smile: I just stumbled upon the Maqiverse through a post on Instagram last night and was deftly sorted into Thornmouth. I’m going to work on reading Flora and Fauna when I’m in transit later today.

I love the fact that I can input into the creation of the world, it reminds me a bit of playing tabletop RPGs when I was younger and then EVE when I got older.

I’m in digital forensics by day, but at night and on weekends, I craft and read anything that I can get my paws on. :slight_smile:

I need to sort out all the things before I start contributing for sure!

Thanks for this!

• Rimor

May 9, 2019 at 5:51 pm

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Forum @IdyllWild!!!

Your guild leader is @Sellalellen!! So you can PM her if you have any questions one you reach the appropriate trust level!

Make sure you’ve read the first post above as it’s very important for participating in CJs amazing world!

When you increase in trust level you should participate in the Werk thread as I’d love to hear more about digital forensic!

• kimlocke

May 9, 2019 at 6:01 pm

Thank you! I have applied to join the Thornmouth Guild and am looking to post there once I have been approved. Oh, for sure…I can def. talk about my job in digital forensics.

• Rimor

May 9, 2019 at 6:02 pm

What part of the world do you hail from?

• kimlocke

May 9, 2019 at 6:03 pm

I’m from Toronto, Ontario…but am a very proud Bluenoser at heart.:sailboat::anchor:

• alainajarisz

May 9, 2019 at 6:15 pm

@IdyllWild hey, what are the odds, I am also from Toronto! (Although I grew up on the other side of the Canadian coastline than you…)

• kimlocke

May 9, 2019 at 6:16 pm

The odds are not stacked in my favor to have other Torontonians here. Although, I wonder what the actual “player” numbers are to date?

• Rimor

May 9, 2019 at 6:39 pm

@IdyllWild and @DarkNova Oh awesome, we always need more Canadians!! I’m for England myself! :uk:

EDIT: Magiq pizza tea! :yum:

• kimlocke

May 9, 2019 at 6:42 pm

I’m literally half English and half Scottish. My mum’s people are from the North, like the old coal mining areas.

• Rimor

May 9, 2019 at 6:42 pm

I’m up in the North East as well! My family goes back to an old Irish clan!

• kimlocke

May 9, 2019 at 6:44 pm

My dad’s side goes back to an old Scottish laird, but my mum’s side were all coal mining folk. I’m second generation Canadian myself. We’re quite new here.

• Rimor

May 9, 2019 at 6:47 pm

Oh nice!!! What made your family decide to move to the cold wasteland? :wink:

• kimlocke

May 9, 2019 at 6:56 pm

Hahahahaha…My maternal grandmother survived the Blitz and married a soldier from Nova Scotia. That’s how my mum was born here, and how I ended up.

• Rimor

May 9, 2019 at 6:57 pm

Oh wow I bet she has some amazing stories!

• kimlocke

May 9, 2019 at 6:58 pm

She did, my uncle has kept it all together in our family tree.

• Rimor

May 9, 2019 at 7:02 pm

We’d best move this over to the General Discussion thread so we don’t clog this up for new members, once again welcome!

• Artemis

May 11, 2019 at 8:35 am

Hi! I’m Artemis. I don’t know about the other guilds, but I got sorted into Weatherwatch, and I had to use two pixies and visit the Iremonger to get there, so it was hard won.

OC I’m an actor and tabletop roleplayer. Nice to meet you all! :blush:

• Rimor

May 11, 2019 at 9:01 am

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Forum @Artemis!!!

Make sure you read everything in the first post and the forum primer!

@Skylad and @Remus are your guild leaders so you can PM them if you have any questions or you can contact any of the Wagoneers! You can also check out the Q&A thread for answers and questions!

This place is very heavy on roleplaying so you’ll definitely enjoy it here!

What drew you to the Guide?

• Artemis

May 12, 2019 at 2:50 am

It reminded me a little of The Night Circus and the Shades of Magic series – and I love the idea of an interactive story. I’ve got a lot of reading to do first though, I think!

• lisamathews

May 12, 2019 at 1:42 pm

Hey y’all!

I’m Elle. I’m new to the whole forum thing, but I stumbled across the guide and fell in love with the concept of an interactive narrative. I was sorted into Thornmouth, which I believe suits me fairly well.

Some facts about me: I enjoy traveling and baking. I’m a voracious reader (I’ve already finished Flora & Fauna). I love lists. I am a dog person. I am a linguistics student. To me, there is no feeling like the one when you come to grasp a new concept- it’s just like having the perfect puzzle piece fit.

Well that’s the basics of me.

• Rimor

May 12, 2019 at 1:43 pm

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Forum @Elle_M!!

Your guild leader is @Sellalellen, you can PM her or any of the Wagoneers if you have any questions. You can also check out the Q&A thread if you have any questions!

First off though make sure you read through everything in the first post especially the forum primer!

I think you’ll really enjoy the pets thread and everything in #bookish!

• witchery

May 12, 2019 at 4:09 pm

Welcome, @Elle_M! I’m such a language nerd and dog person, so I have a feeling we’ll get along very well! :slight_smile: I’m also very new here, but I’ve already seen many hints of many puzzles— I think you’ve found your people!

• Ignatius

May 12, 2019 at 4:18 pm

@Elle_M Welcome to the forum! Not to copy @witchery but it does seem like you’ve found a virtual home! Feel free to message me or any other of the Wagoneers if you have any questions!

• SparkyTheFallen

May 12, 2019 at 7:18 pm

Hello all I’m Sparky and I’m in Thornmouth I’m looking forward to learning much! I’m from the northern most eastern most state.

• Rimor

May 12, 2019 at 7:27 pm

Welcome @SparkyTheFallen!!

Your guild leader is @Sellalellen so if you have any questions you can ask her or any of the Wagoneers! There is also a Q&A thread you can look at and ask questions on!

First off though make sure you read everything in the first post and the forum primer!

So what are your interests Sparky?

• SparkyTheFallen

May 12, 2019 at 7:36 pm

My interests are magic, reading, writing, painting, tabletop RPGs and video games.

• Rimor

May 12, 2019 at 7:47 pm

We have loads of writing threads here in the #the-creationary and loads or reading threads in #bookish!

• Wildwolf

May 18, 2019 at 3:27 pm

Hey ya’ll. I’m new around here, wassup. I’m Lilly, I’m 13 and I’m in 8th grade. I discovered this on an Instagram ad and immediately fell in love with it and all its magic and mystery. I’ve always been fascinated by magic and spiritual things and mystery, and this is so interesting! I’m glad I clicked on that add. Anyways, here’s a little about me;

-I’m obsessed with unicorns and all things rainbow, I have been since like 5th grade.

-I do karate, I’m going to be testing for my black belt this December.

-I love music, it’s my passion. It’s what I want to do most with my life. I think I’ll be a composer when I grow up.

-I’ve always been searching for some adventure all my life. I recently took a trip to Europe and discovered my passion for adventure ran deeper than I imagine. Whenever I get a chance to do something I’ll always remember, I know I have to do it.

-I’ve also always had a thing for fairy tales. I think fairy tales and my love for adventure go hand in hand.

-I’m a huge nerd and bookworm. I am always trying to figure out how one thing connects to another, and I’m always reading in my free time. I’m a huge fantasy fan.

-Lastly, I’m in Balimora. So hello to my new guild!!!

Thank all of you for reading, I can’t wait to dive deeper into this.

• Ignatius

May 18, 2019 at 3:41 pm

Hello @Wildwolf! Welcome to the forum!

The Balimora guild leaders are @Helios and @Nimueh! If any questions pop up please don’t hesitate to shoot them, hop over to the Balimora welcoming area or us Wagoneers a message! My virtual/metaphorical door is always open!

If you like fairy tails and books then I think you’ll love the #the-creationary! The creationary is where people write poems, draw art, write stories (I have a huge writing project showing up there in a bit :wink:) We also have the currently reading section! There is also the favorite fantasy books section!

I really hope you enjoy your time on the forum and I have a feeling we might run into each other at some point!

• darkdancingmoon15

May 22, 2019 at 3:27 pm

Hi everyone!

My name is MBWitch and I’m really shy when it comes to being new to a community so it may take me a while to get involved. I enjoy anything that has to deal with the supernatural and magic. When I took the assessment I was put into the Ebenguard which fits well with me. I’m also very passionate and expressive once people get to know me and I hope that soon I will be comfortable enough to be myself. I look forward to being a part of this world!

• Ignatius

May 22, 2019 at 3:39 pm

Hello @MBWitch welcome to the forum!

Your guild leaders are @Deyavi and @Ginger! If you have any questions shoot me, the other welcomes, or your guild leaders a message! The first post up at the top of this topic should also help you get situated!

Don’t worry about being shy! You might not notice it but I’m incredibly shy irl! Feel free to take this whole forum thing at your own pace!

If you want to split up your introduction I recommend introducing yourself over in the Ebenguard Guild Hall or if you don’t feel ready for that just send a message to me or your guild leaders and have a little conversation with them!

You might like the #the-creationary which has writings and works of art by your fellow forum goers! #bookish has all things related to books. If you have any interests I didn’t list feel free to shoot me a message and I’ll point you in the right direction!

I really hope you enjoy your time on the forum! My metaphorical/virtual door is always open!

• Rimor

May 22, 2019 at 3:42 pm

Welcome @MBWitch!!!

• Lake

May 27, 2019 at 2:39 am

Hi all, I’m Lake (they/them) and I was sorted into Flinterforge, which really resonates with me. I think this is a super cool idea and can’t wait to really get into it. I am a big crafter and general nerd. I have always loved roleplaying games, so I think this should be interesting.

• Booknerd4ever58

May 27, 2019 at 6:28 pm

Hi, I’m Allison. I’m a huge bookworm, my favorite color is green and I am in the Weatherwatch Guild. I’m not really sure what I’m doing but I am excited to figure out what I’m doing. :slight_smile:

• Rimor

May 27, 2019 at 7:42 pm

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Forum @Booknerd4ever58!!!

Your guild leaders are the crazy duo @Skylad and @Remus!!! If you have any questions you can ask either of them or any of the Wagoneers! We also have a Q&A thread where you can head to for answers!

First off though make sure you read the entire first post and the forum primer as they super important if you want to join in and know what’s going on!

When you’re ready you can introduce yourself to your guild mates and then check out the currently reading thread!

• Serintais

May 27, 2019 at 8:36 pm

Hi Allison!

I’m pretty new here too so if you wanted to drop me a line and we can chat feel free :slight_smile:

• Moon

May 29, 2019 at 2:48 am

Hello All!

I found this through IG and got really interested! I was put into Ebenguard so go us! I will be reading the books later on today so please no spoilers! Some fun facts about me: I’m really into mythology of all kinds, I’m an avid sports player and I’m in college for Political Science.

I also play Dragon Age and games like that to pass time indoors.

Some typical identifiers: ENTP, Virgo, Slytherin, and 8w9

Any other questions I would be happy to answer! :smile:

• v1ct0r1a

May 29, 2019 at 3:06 am

:smile: @Moon yeah other newbie!!! I was also placed into Ebenguard, wanna be try to figure this our together?

I can never remember my meyers briggs…

Aries :sunny: Sagittarius :crescent_moon: and Leo :arrow_up:

RAVENCLAW

and I don’t really understand the last one but I am 2w1

• Moon

May 29, 2019 at 6:22 am

Yeah! Newbies Unite!

• Brittany

May 29, 2019 at 6:52 pm

Hello All! I am Brittany! I am a house wife and stay at home mother who adores to read, write, sing, garden, video games, Dungeons and Dragons, I adore Dragons period (Though I have more of an outlook of them like the Asians do), I have an amazing pit bull bully whom my children love, and I just recently hit that big 30 of age (I hope this is okay for intro?), I have read so many books, that I litterally have read everything interesting in my public library, and have gotten so desperate to start checking out books in the back for biology, astronomy, psychology, and such. I have been sorted into the house of Ebenguard, though I must say, not sure if I really fit there, since I am my own worst critic as the saying goes, but both times I took the assesment, it sent me there. So I am eager to learn and be apart of this lovely world, since I too read my children the Bernstein Bear books. I would put more, but I think this is a good start.

• BrokenVoid

May 29, 2019 at 7:10 pm

Welcome to the forum @Brittany! We’re very glad to have you here. We have a Dungeons and Dragons topic as well as a currently reading topic for any books you’d like to talk about. There’s also an Ebenguard introduction page to get to know your new guildmates.

Reading The Monarch Papers is a great way to get caught up on the story, and the first post of this thread will give you all the information you need to get started here on the forum.

Your guild leaders are @Deyavi and @Ginger if you need anything, or you can message any of us @Wagoneers. We hope you enjoy being part of are community!

• Ashburn

May 29, 2019 at 7:18 pm

Welcome to the AG forum, fellow Ebenguardian!

I’m Dey’s understudy, and am available to help as well. :cjsmile:

• BrokenVoid

May 29, 2019 at 7:22 pm

Yeah sorry Ash, I just got the notice from CJ.

• Ashburn

May 29, 2019 at 7:23 pm

No worries!

• Rimor

May 29, 2019 at 7:41 pm

Welcome @Brittany!!

• Mellie

June 2, 2019 at 2:21 am

Hello!

I just found this today through ig and probably won’t be getting around to doing much here until the summer as I’m kind of busy at the moment, but this seems like a very fun experience! I’m very happy to be here! (Also navigating the site will probably take some time to get used to)

The assessment has placed me in Flinterforge and besides that I have only read the rules and forum primer but will eventually get to everything else :laughing:

• Valeria

June 4, 2019 at 12:35 am

Not sure how I arrived, but glad I’m here. Looking forward to diving into this. I do love an immersive experience!

V

• kaitlyn_quach

June 4, 2019 at 1:59 am

Hello! My name is Cynthia, and I’m so glad to have found Ackerly Green and the Monarch Papers! I’ve always wanted there to be magic in this mundane world, but the closest I’ve ever experienced to it was my host, Kaitlyn, bringing me to life via Tulpamancy. When she saw an ad on Instagram, she thought I’d be interested, and we got sorted into our guilds (I’m a Thornmouth and she’s an Ebenguard). She read both books, and all the while I was able to watch the visualizations from inside her mind like in a movie theater. It was amazing and incredibly written!! Will definitely be leaving a super-positive review, because it blew the both of us away. Thank you.

• sakurabrandi

June 6, 2019 at 11:06 pm

Hello,

Also here from Insta! I’m currently reading The Monarch Papers and super excited to sink my teeth into all the stuff. I was sorted into Balimora but all the guilds sound super interesting. How do people stick to one!?!

In my day to day life I work in mental health/psychology so a little escapism is super appreciated. I’m also into tabletop RPGs, DIY and music, as well as looking at pictures of cute pets!

Looking forward to chatting with everyone :3

• Ignatius

June 6, 2019 at 11:39 pm

Hello and welcome @CherryBiscuit!

The Balimora guild leaders are @Helios and @Nimueh! So if you have any questions feel free to reach out to them, us @Wagoneers, or consulting the Q&A topic! There is also the Balimora Guild Hall for when you want to meet your guild mates!

As for your interests it seems like you’ll fit right in! We have the work/job topic, I’d love to hear more about your work if you have time! We have a DND topic and i’m sure they’ll let you talk about about other tabletops there, but if not we have an overall gaming topic! There is also a pets topic that has various pets with varying degrees of cuteness! I know that we have a couple of people that actually preform music so I’m sure they’d talk with you over in the before mentioned work thread!

I’m sorry if my reply is a little knowledge heavy! If you need me to explain a little better, feel free to shoot me a message and I’ll help in any way I can! Once again welcome to the Ackerly Green Forum Community!

• sakurabrandi

June 6, 2019 at 11:51 pm

Thanks @Ignatius ! It’s way too late where I am to look into these now, but I’m excited to explore over the weekend :3

(And I would be happy to talk more about my work :slight_smile: )

• Rabbitfighter

June 8, 2019 at 12:15 am

Hey, how’s it going everybody? Call me Rabbitfighter. I found my way here through that cryptic Instagram ad, and am really looking forward to delving into this world. I was initially sorted into Eberguard, which really didn’t resonate with me; I retook the assessment and found myself in Balimora, which seems like a much better fit, although I think I could belong in Weatherwatch. I’m definitely an adventurer at heart, and have my share of wild stories to tell, from following a punk band thousands of miles by hitching rides from show to show, to spending a New England winter living in a blanket fort in the backseat of my car. My next adventure will be thru hiking the Appalachian Trail from Maine to Georgia starting in mid-July, which to me is a perfect combination of Balimora and Weatherwatch traits (assuming I’m characterizing them each accurately).

I make my living as a graphic designer, and in my free time I love hiking, going to concerts, traveling, theater, and reading. In addition to graphic design, I like working on mixed media collage, street art, and photography. I was the frontman of a hardcore punk cabaret band for several years: I primarily write lyrics and sing, but also play some lousy guitar and bass, and am teaching myself mandolin and harmonica. I’m in recovery from heroin addiction (over 4 years clean!) and a big part of my life philosophy is keeping a positive mental attitude. It’s important to me to support my friends and community, and use my strengths to help the people around me wherever possible. I have a pretty solid record collection… um, I live in Boston… sometimes I don’t know when to shut up, but right now seems good.

• cjheighton1998

June 8, 2019 at 12:19 am

a BaliWatch! Welcome! im chi, im a balimora, myself. Pleasure to be the first one sayin hello. You’ll be hearing from a wagoneer shortly, i assume, who’ll tell ya where to go next. just to speed that process along, @Wagoneers ?

• BrokenVoid

June 8, 2019 at 1:40 am

Welcome to the forum @Rabbitfighter! Sounds like an incredibly wild life you’ve had so far. I play a little bit of mandolin myself just every now and then, I think it’s a really nice instrument.

Once you’ve read the first post of this thread and the forum primer for the rules and how to get started, feel free to check out our general discussion topics or the currently reading supertopic.

When you feel ready you can visit the Balimora Gathering to introduce yourself to your new guildmates and get to know others. You can also visit the Balimora guildhouse. Your guild leaders are @Nimueh and @Helios if you need anything, or feel free to message any of us Wagoneers.

Very happy to have you in our community!

• Rabbitfighter

June 8, 2019 at 2:21 am

Thank you! I’m excited to participate! It looks like I’m not able to post in the Balimora introductions/welcome thread- is it due to my low member level, or is the thread locked?

Edit: I’ve also noticed that many links to different sections of the forum have numbers appearing in a grey circle after the text- for example, in your post @BrokenVoid, “general discussion topics” is followed by a 1, and “Balimora Gathering” is followed by a 2. What do these numbers indicate?

• BrokenVoid

June 8, 2019 at 2:31 am

Yes, after a few hours exploring the forum you will be able to interact with your guild, but for the moment it’ll only be discussions.

I believe those circles are the number of new posts in that link since you’ve visited it, I don’t know for sure though.

• Dryadalis

June 10, 2019 at 8:57 am

Hi all,

I binge read Flora and Fauna today and am currently trying to wrap my head around everything that is going on in this creative and exciting new forum!

A little about me: I’m a Ravenclaw from Australia who is currently studying International Development and is very excited about joining Ebenguard and keeping the golden balance. I love books, tea and my bed, but I’m always up for an adventure! My personal aesthetic is ‘trendy grandma,’ and I try my best to be a walking contradiction.

I suppose I don’t have much else to add until I learn more about this world and spend more time exploring this forum and the related texts, but I am very much looking forward to doing so!

Bye for now,

Dryadalis

• Flame

June 16, 2019 at 3:16 am

Hello, Im Flame. im new here tonight. Im new to forums and role-playing, and talking in general so please bear with.

Im not even sure if im replying to the right topic. Sometimes Im really dumb, but sometimes im a genius, i mean like super-intelligent and funny but it comes in flashes.

I hope i can be of service, my brain sometimes works faster than my hands can type but i can be useful sometimes. I have an eidetic memory i think, i see everything thats already happened and can remember it all but sometimes not in the right order. So sometimes i remember things that have already happened but think they are happening now and sometimes i remember stuff that hasnt happened yet but think its already happened or perhaps i make it happen, im not sure. Anyway, must stop rambling on. Im Thornmouth if its still important.

• Ignatius

June 16, 2019 at 3:22 am

Hello and welcome to the community! @Flame I assure you quite a few of us were brand new to forums and such when we first got here, myself included! This is the correct thread!

The Thornmouthian guild leader is @Sellalellen! So any questions you may have can go to her or to us @Wagoneers! There is also a Q&A topic if you prefer that!

As for meeting your guild mates you can click here!

If you have any particular interests that you want to see if we have topics feel free to shoot me a message by clicking on my name or replying directly to here!

Once again welcome to the forum! Don’t feel bad about being new! We were all knew to everything at one point or another!

• Flame

June 16, 2019 at 3:26 am

Thank you @ignatius, i was expecting a reply but not so quickly! I guess time runs differently where you are from? Im UK myself, so its early morning here. I must go in the meantime but thank you for the welcome. I guess we will meet again at some point, or we might have already met depending on my viewpoint.

• Ignatius

June 16, 2019 at 3:28 am

I’m from the US! I try my best to be ready to welcome at all times! It was really my pleasure to welcome!

Alright I hope you have a good rest of your day but I do hope we meet again at some point!

• Flame

June 16, 2019 at 3:30 am

We will meet later in the day i think or that might have been just now.

• Dolithiel

June 16, 2019 at 10:49 pm

Hello all!

My name is Rowan but my username/character’s name will be Dolithiel, just because I love that! :heart_eyes:

I am a primary school teacher in England and I teach the Reception class (4-5 year olds) so day-to-day I encourage roleplaying, creativity and imagination! So I am getting involved with this immersive experience to enter a world of imagination and wonder!

I have read the Beginners Spellbook already, but still have to catch up with everything else!

The guild that I have been sorted into is Gossmere, which I am really excited about because I love the sound of Choreomancy and healing magic!

I look forward to getting involved with this experience and the community!

Rowan

Xx

• Rimor

June 16, 2019 at 10:53 pm

Hello @Dolithiel!!! Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community!!! It’s great to have another Brit around!

Please make sure you read the first post at the top of this thread and the forum primer as they’re super important!!

Next let me introduce you to your wonderful guild leaders @OracleSage and @Augustus_Octavian! You can PM them if you have any questions or any of the @Wagoneers. We also have a wonderful Q&A thread where you can ask questions!

When you’re ready you can head over to the Gossmere guild hall to introduce yourself to your fellow guild mates!

A couple of threads you might be interested in are Werk and Currently reading! If you just want a general chit chat with other members you can do so in the general discussion thread! If there are any topics or subjects you’re particular interest in me and the other Wagoneers will try to direct you to the most relevant place!

• Ignatius

June 16, 2019 at 11:08 pm

@Dolithiel welcome to the forum! I’m also a Gossmere so I’m sure we’ll run into each other at some point! If you need some help getting around my pm doors are always open!

• Angelgirl1992

June 22, 2019 at 11:51 am

Hi everyone,

I am Angelgirl

I have just finished my assessment and was sorted into Flinterforge.

I am looking forward to reading Flora and Fauna.

• Rimor

June 22, 2019 at 1:39 pm

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Angelgirl1992!! My name is James Rimor and I’ll be your Wagoneer this afternoon! I’m from Thornmouth myself but you’ll always find me lurking on the forum!

First off please make sure you read the first post at the top of this thread and the forum primer as they’re really important!!

Next your amazing guild leaders are @Viviane and @Tinker! You can PM either of them if you have any questions or any of the @Wagoneers such as myself. We also have a Q&A thread where you can also ask questions!

When you’re ready you can head over to the Flinterforge guild hall to introduce yourself to your fellow guild mates!

So now the formalities are over tell us a bit about yourself and your interests! :cjsmile:

• Ignatius

June 22, 2019 at 4:21 pm

@Angelgirl1992 Welcome to the Community! I’m a Gossmere but you’ll typically find me any where but in particular over in the collections and gaming topics.

• Cat72

June 24, 2019 at 4:57 am

Hey,

The assessment says I’m Ebenguard. I just graduated from law school and am currently studying for the bar. I am going to start reading the Monarch Papers. I found it through Instagram. I am excited to delve into this world.

• Ignatius

June 24, 2019 at 5:20 am

@Cat72 Welcome to the forum! I’m your local Gossmere Wagoneer! I am a certified first responder and complete medical nerd! You’ll typically find me around the collections and gaming!

Your guild leaders @Ginger and @Ashburn! If you have any questions feel free to reach out the them or us @Wagoneers! There is also the Q&A topic if you’d prefer to go that route!

As for meeting your guild mates go here!

Once again welcome to the forum! I hope to see you around!

• Rosemary

July 24, 2019 at 6:00 pm

Hello everyone! Best not to have our true names stolen, so I go by Rosemary. I’m an accidentally-underemployed historical interpreter on a sailing ship for the summer and a college student the rest of the time. I’ve never been involve with something like this before but I’m all-too-easily pulled into searches for hidden magic, so here I am. I’m in the Thornmouth guild, and really enjoy theatre and dance (I’ve recently discovered English Country Dancing and it’s Fantastic), as well as writing, travel, and language-learning!

• Ignatius

July 24, 2019 at 6:12 pm

@Rosemary Hello and Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community! I’m the Gossmere welcomer and volunteer paramedic! This is/was my first forum as well so my advice is to just take your time, don’t do anything you don’t want to/don’t do things because you think you have to!

Your guild leader is @Sellalellen! So any questions can be thrown at her or us, @Wagoneers! The forum primer should also help you get situated within our community!

Once you’ve been on the forum a bit you can introduce yourselves to your guild here! Although I’m sure you could strike up a conversation with @BrokenVoid or @Rimor here! (The reason I brought them up specifically is because they’re the Thornmouth Wagoneers!)

I’d love to hear about your work over in the work topic! If you want to talking about your travels you can go here! As for the language learning we do have a quite extensive group of mounties that talk about languages and language learning here! You can find all things writing in #the-creationary category!

Once again welcome! If you need anything feel free to shoot me a message by clicking on my name! As long as I’m not on a call I should get back to you pretty quick!

• Rimor

July 24, 2019 at 6:47 pm

Welcome @Rosemary!!! Yes I’m one of Thornmouths Wagoneers!

• Vaquero

July 26, 2019 at 12:12 pm

Howdy! Thanks for having me, ya’ll can call me Vaquero.

I’m a comic artist, tattoo artist, and avid DnD enthusiast and I’m real excited to see more of what this world of yours has to offer! Seems I’ve been sorted into Ebenguard.

Hope you’re all having a great day/night whenever you may be.

• Rimor

July 26, 2019 at 3:44 pm

Welcome @Vaquero!!!

• Ignatius

July 26, 2019 at 4:26 pm

Hello @Vaquero! I’m the Gossmere Wagoneer! If you need anything let one of us know!

• Vaquero

July 26, 2019 at 4:28 pm

Much obliged!

• dylanjohnson

August 6, 2019 at 4:45 am

A few months ago I gave my friend a Tarot card, one with the image of the phoenix.

I didn’t think of it until she moved out on a whim yesterday. I realized she took it with her. My heart sunk, since it’s part of a set, and I felt sad to ask for the token back.

Today I found it outside my house. Through the windy day and afternoon storms, it was caught in the clutches of a low lying bush, who’s spindly fingers sheltered it from the wind and rain. I saw it immediately and held it, speechless.

I finally said, “Sometimes, you forget you’re magic and the Universe reminds you.”

As a rolling storm shakes my bedroom with thunderclaps and a gray tabby cozies up at my feet, the Universe reminds me of Magiq again.

We’ve been looking for each other a while, haven’t we?

-Cassandra, Thornmouth

• dylanjohnson

August 10, 2019 at 1:51 am

I think it should also be mentioned that my painting, titled ‘The Four Elements’, just won at my local county fair. I found out the same day this all happened. Just leaving this here for posterity.

• Vega

August 21, 2019 at 11:10 pm

I like it. good for you, and thanks for sharing.

vega

• TheBlackChouji

August 7, 2019 at 7:14 pm

Hello,

My name is Victor. I took the magiq assessment and it sorted me into Ebenguard. I haven’t started any serious reading yet as I am still trying to wrap my head around this universe.

My hobbies include gaming(video and tabletop), art, anime, and researching/reading/watching things about mythology and the occult. And also tech geek stuff like programming and gizmos and gadgets.

I am looking forward to figuring out and seeing how this works as I’ve never been apart of a collaborative project this size.

In my formative years sometimes me and my friends would try to come up with stories of far away places and sometimes illustrate them. Even now I like to role play via video games but it gets harder to find a group to do that with as I get older.

It great to know there are still adults with an imagination.

• BrokenVoid

August 7, 2019 at 7:59 pm

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @TheBlackChouji! I’m Void, one of the Thornmouth Wagoneers.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as video games, tabletop games, visual art, and general hobbies.

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be an Ebenguardian. Your guild leaders are @Ashburn and @Ginger, feel free to message them or any of us @Wagoneers if you need help with anything. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

• Psychopomp

August 9, 2019 at 6:27 pm

Hi, everyone. My wife just linked me to the introductory content, and while outside of taking the test (I’m a Thornmouth by the by,) and reading the few paragraphs of history attached to that, I’m not really caught up on anything, I figured I’d stop by and say hello while I took the time to catch up.

On the outside I’m a nuclear chem tech, though thanks to the adverse schedule attached to that (swings,) my ability to interview willing, that may not be a true statement for much longer. It’s been awhile since I’ve really read a lot of books, but I’ve been powering through audiobooks and podcasts both in my commute to work and in any time when I’m occupied in a task that my brain doesn’t necessarily have to be (working more than full time does a number on your free time.)

I’m really intrigued by the community storytelling aspect of this. I’ve been active on the Storium site before and really enjoyed it (VestigialLung on there,) but life has a way of getting in the way, so I’ve had to step away from the regular time commitment that the site requires.

Got a fair amount of reading in front of me, but I’ve also got a particularly slow set of nights coming up at work, so I look forward to catching up while on the clock.

• Onward

August 10, 2019 at 12:02 pm

Hello

I found a link to this on facebook, as I have loved interactive novels for a while I wanted to give this a try.

I got sorted into gossmer and hope I can contribute well.

• Rimor

August 10, 2019 at 12:28 pm

Welcome @Onward to the Ackerly Green Community!! I’m Rimor one of the Wagoneers from Thornmouth!

So to get started here please make sure you read the first post at the top of this thread and the forum primer as they’re really important!!

Next up let me introduce you to your amazing guild leaders @OracleSage and @Augustus_Octavian! You can PM either of them if you have any questions or any of the @Wagoneers such as myself and @BrokenVoid. We also have a Q&A thread where you can also ask questions!

When you reach basic trust level you can introduce yourself to you fellow guild mates in the Gossmere welcome thread!

For now tell us about some of your interests so we can direct you to some threads you might like!

• Onward

August 10, 2019 at 3:46 pm

I’m a all around gamer and anime watcher. I play games from all systems and eras that I can find. The rest of my time I’m usually helping others

• Allie_Bama

August 11, 2019 at 9:04 pm

Hello there,

Nice to meet you. Can’t wait to get started. I travel all around so I’m never really in the same place for a long time. Anchoring to a community is something I’d really love to be a part of. I’m 24 years old and my assessment tells me I’m a Thornmouth! Reading and knowledge is my passion, that’s why I travel. For school, research, and a quest to find hidden truths of our universe’s history :slight_smile:

• Alys

August 12, 2019 at 10:26 pm

Hey everyone!

My name’s Alys and I was sorted into Ebenguard. Not sure where this journey is going to take me, but I’m excited to find out. :smiley:

Some random facts about me – I adore my two cats, I’m obsessed with gardening, you’ll rarely find me without the book I’m reading in-hand or at least nearby, and I’ll never say no to cheesecake.

• BrokenVoid

August 12, 2019 at 10:43 pm

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Alys! I’m Void, one of the Thornmouth Wagoneers.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as book recommendations, gardening, pets, and food

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be an Ebenguardian. Your guild leaders are @Ashburn and @Ginger, feel free to message them or any of us @Wagoneers if you need help with anything. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

• Aoife

August 24, 2019 at 5:46 pm

Hello there!

I’m Aoife (pronounced ee fa) and I actually stumbled upon this place while looking for interactive novels and text based rp sites.

I’ve been placed in as a Thornmouth and I’m really excited to be a part of something like this.

A few things about me that are interesting are:

• I rode horseback (English style) until age 12.

• I have a love for Broadway plays and Irish literature

• I have a small obsession with books written by S.E. Hinton.

Again, I’m so excited, but I’m on the road to a football game, with family (I’m not driving, I promise), and will probably be somewhat quiet.

Peace out!

• Rimor

August 24, 2019 at 5:56 pm

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Aoife!! I’m James Rimor Thornmouths British Wagoneer!

So first thing you should do is make sure you read the first post at the top of this thread and the forum primer as they’re really important to get you started here!

Next let me introduce you to our guild’s wonderful leader @Sellalellen! You can PM her or any of the @Wagoneers such as myself and @BrokenVoid with any questions you have once you reach basic trust level! For now though if you have any questions you can post them over in the Q&A thread!

Then, when you’ve reached basic level, you can head over and introduce yourself to your guild mates in the Thornmouth welcome thread !

To reach basic you should participate in some threads such as currently reading, hobbies, book recommendations and music!

• BrokenVoid

August 25, 2019 at 3:04 am

Welcome to the community and to Thornmouth @Aoife! I’m Void, the other Thornmouth Wagoneer. So happy to have you here!

• Stardash

August 25, 2019 at 7:58 pm

Hi all!

I hope I’m doing this right. I’m Stardash, but you can call me Star or Ash. I was super pumped upon finding this community.

By day I’m a university student and on the side I work at a hair salon. By night I try to become as familiar with all things occult (when I’m not buried in school work).

I was sorted into Ebenguard and I cannot wait to immerse myself into this world.

• Ignatius

August 25, 2019 at 8:05 pm

Welcome to the community @Stardash! You are in fact doing this right! I’m Ignatius, the Gossmere Wagoneer!

You’re guild leaders are @Ashburn and @Ginger! So any questions you may have can go to them or the @Wagoneers (myself, @BrokenVoid, and @Rimor!) Although we also do have the Q&A topic if you’d prefer that route!

Please don’t forget to give the first post in this topic, as well as the forum primer, a good read through as that will tell you the rules as well as other important information!

Once you’ve been on the forum for a bit you can meet your guild mates here!

Other than that I’d love to hear more about your hobbies and work so I’ve provided you with links to topics to talk about those things! If you have any other interests that you are curious to see if we have a topic for them or not just shoot one of us a message!

Once again welcome to the community and if you need any help please let us know!

• DragonsFire339

September 4, 2019 at 11:19 pm

Hello fellow magimystics! I had read the MP1 and MP2 a few months ago, but hadn’t gotten to joing the forum until now. I am a special education teacher by day, and a master of all things nerdy by night. I am a Balimora. It’s great to be here!

• BrokenVoid

September 4, 2019 at 11:23 pm

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @DragonsFire339! I’m Void, one of the Thornmouth Wagoneers.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as book recommendations, pets, hobbies, and D&D!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Balimoran. Your guild leaders are @Nimueh and @Helios, feel free to message them or any of us @Wagoneers if you need help with anything. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

• pines

September 21, 2019 at 3:08 am

Hello,

my name is pines and I’m pretty new to the magiq world. Honestly only started today, the concept intrigued me.

I’ve been assessed and sorted into the Thornmouth guild and I’m excited to make new friends.

Some info about me: I come from a background of Roleplaying long hours well into the moonlit night, I have a love of horror and the supernatural, I am a lesbian and I have no problems admitting it besides I’ve got a wonderful girlfriend and I talk about her a lot so heads up, I adore mythology and astronomy and can talk hours about them both (though between you and me I was never good enough at physics and math to get into astrology for school), I love fandoms! Ask me about some stuff I like and I’d be more then happy to share (some things include Harry Potter, dead by daylight, Percy Jackson, multitudes of anime and manga, and Pokémon).

I might be an adult but Im awful at writing so if you see a spelling mistake, typo, or grammar error I apologize in advance.

I look forward to exploring the world I’ve come into.

Your humble forest cryptid,

pines.

• BrokenVoid

September 21, 2019 at 3:24 am

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @pines! I’m Void, one of the Thornmouth Wagoneers.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as book recommendations, video games, and D&D!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. Your guild leader is @Sellalellen, feel free to message her or any of us @Wagoneers if you need help with anything. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

• Sellalellen

September 21, 2019 at 3:26 am

Oh no. Too many interests in common, I will probably talk your ear off :sweat_smile: I also like the supernatural/weird, and mythology, and space. Ooh manga too? I hope I’m not scaring you off. I think you’ll fit right in here Pines. :thornmouth:

Edit: I just noticed your cryptid sign-off. I’m literally going to be Mothman for Halloween so obviously i think you’re even cooler now. Idk I’m tired so I’m a mess but I want to adopt this forest creature already.

• pines

September 21, 2019 at 3:37 am

@BrokenVoid thank you a ton for the welcome!

Sellalellen I’m glad we have a lot in common! Don’t worry it would take a lot to scare me off, I’m here to make friends so talk to me as much as you want.

Shdgwjcg my gf says I’m too cryptic some times and dubbed me the cryptid. I’m debating going as a character from the game dead by daylight called the legion, or as a wendigo it’s still a toss up for which I can get the supplies for. But mothman sounds so amazing my gf would lose it she loves mothman (and moths in general she goes form talking to me to “moth! Friend!” in .2 seconds)

adopt me, do it. doooooo it

• AliceGreenwatch

September 26, 2019 at 7:44 pm

Hello everyone!

You can call me Alice, I stumbled into this whilst looking for a new series to read, and was quickly captivated. I just started The Monarch Papers and I’m hooked.

I was led to the Balimora guild which fits my personality quite well, and I will apply shortly.

I am a merchant navy sailor by trade, and a friendly woodland hedge witch by hobby.

I haven’t done anything like this before so yea, I think that covers it.

• BrokenVoid

September 26, 2019 at 7:58 pm

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @AliceGreenwatch! I’m Void, one of the Thornmouth Wagoneers.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as book recommendations, pets, hobbies, and your work!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Balimoran. Your guild leaders are @Nimueh and @Helios, feel free to message them or any of us @Wagoneers if you need help with anything. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

• trist9n99

September 30, 2019 at 4:22 pm

Hello everyone,

First time here and I’m really amazed by this new world that is opening to me.

I’m from Québec.

I’m a Balimora.

Looking forward to this new adventure.

• vanilla-flotilla

October 10, 2019 at 8:18 pm

Hi! I’m Vanilla. I have questions and I hope the answers will unfold softly; not too quickly. I’m looking forward to getting my bearings in time and to catching up.

There is something deeply satisfying about mystery. I’m hoping that my home in Gossmere will be the first steps to following the breadcrumb trail to discovery (that and a good cup of tea and my Kindle.) :wink:

• BrokenVoid

October 11, 2019 at 3:09 am

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Vanilla.Flotilla! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as currently reading, hobbies, and pets!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Gossmerim. Your guild leaders are @Augustus_Octavian and @OracleSage, feel free to message them or any of us @Wagoneers if you need help with anything. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

• Burntmeat

October 12, 2019 at 2:16 am

Hi fellow members.I am very excited to delve into the future knowledge pool here.

• BrokenVoid

October 12, 2019 at 2:29 am

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @Burntmeat! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as book recommendations, hobbies, pets, and D&D!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. Your guild leader is @Sellalellen, feel free to message her or any of us @Wagoneers if you need help with anything. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

• Ignatius

October 12, 2019 at 3:43 am

Welcome @Burntmeat! I’m Ignatius the Gossmere Wagoneer! I’m curious as to what made you chose that name lol Seeing as I’m heads to bed have a good day/night!

(@Viviane I’m totally down to chat but it’ll have to be later when I don’t have to get up in 4 hours lol, have a goodnight!)

• rendavinwitche

October 26, 2019 at 1:46 am

Hi all,

I’m Hasqueaker, and am usually either playing video games, roleplaying with some friends in D&D, or doing college student stuff. Currently I am working my way through Flora and Fauna in between classes and homework, but the general idea of this whole shebang really interests me.

I have been assigned to Gossmere, which I think suits me pretty well! I am excited to get caught up in the lore of these books and this forum.

Speaking of, this is my first time posting on a forum, or really even being involved in one, so I’ll apologize in advance for my inexperience haha :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. Anywho, I hope this introduction will suffice! Thank you all for listening! :stuck_out_tongue:

• BrokenVoid

October 26, 2019 at 2:15 am

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Hasqueaker! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer. No worries, this has been a lot of people’s first forum experience, including mine.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as D&D, hobbies, and video games!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Gossmerim. Your guild leaders are @Augustus_Octavian and @OracleSage, feel free to message them or any of us @Wagoneers if you need help with anything. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

• Ignatius

October 26, 2019 at 7:47 am

@Hasqueaker Welcome to the community! I’m Ignatius the Gossmere Wagoneer! Hope to see you around!

• Lune

November 3, 2019 at 7:09 pm

Hi all!

I was found on Facebook last night, and sorted into Balimora guild – which was entireley accurate for me! Though I do also feel a little pull toward Weatherwatch, too.

IRL I’m a mother, outdoor kinda person, and artist / maker / creator / confused soul. I’m sure there’s lots I could say about myself, but I’m awful at introductions and always forget everything. :sweat:

I can’t wait to get started on reading the book, which I will do tonight. I’m a bookworm and geek, with fantasy and magic being my very favourite genres, and the concept here is intriguing. Looking forward to getting immersed!

• BrokenVoid

November 3, 2019 at 10:46 pm

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Lune! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer. If you decide to change guilds just let me know and I’ll give you the info for that guild.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as book recommendations, visual arts, and hobbies!

• Rottingcorpsse

January 11, 2020 at 2:09 am

Hey everybody this is Rottingcorpsse @Augustus_Octavian So basically this is my first forum that i have ever written in. The post on instagram kinda caught my attention. I’ve always been into magic and stuff so I figured I’d give this a whirl. I was sorted into the Gossmere guild so if anybody wants to hmu I won’t complain one bit.

• BrokenVoid

January 11, 2020 at 2:45 am

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Rottingcorpsse! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as currently reading, hobbies, and pets!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Gossmerim. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

• Augustus_Octavian

January 11, 2020 at 7:26 pm

Hi! I’m Augo, one of the Gossmere Guild leaders. Nice to meet you, @Rottingcorpsse!

• brittany-williams

February 20, 2020 at 11:09 pm

Hi all- I’m Bee. I’m a floral designer and illustrator who loves raising snails and butterflies and collects bones and books. I play violin and cello, travel often, and one of my favorite pastimes is collecting stories and secrets from people I meet on my path through life.

I came across AG on the recommendation of a dear friend and was sorted into Weatherwatch.

I don’t know much about this community but I am very excited to get involved.

:herb:

• BrokenVoid

February 21, 2020 at 12:02 am

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @aswarmofbees! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as drawing, hobbies, and adventures!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Weatherwatcher. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

• princekahree-washington

May 17, 2021 at 9:59 pm

Hello everyone I go by Reekah, found this through insta and im shocked with how fast I fell in love I was sorted into Thornmouth and cant wait to read the books though the idea of being able to influence them is very intimidating. But i hope youll all be patient with me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

• BrokenVoid

May 17, 2021 at 10:11 pm

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @Reekah! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer. Don’t worry, everyone finds their way in at their own pace, and we totally welcome lurking for a while to get a feel for how the forum works.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as writing, currently reading, and hobbies! If you have an interest you’d like to talk about but can’t find a thread for it, let me know and I’ll help you out!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

• Sapphire

May 9, 2019 at 2:23 pm

Heya,

Just started reading Flora and Fauna and working on catching up.

OC I work on computers by day, bookworm by night and larper by weekends.

Can’t make it to my usual larp this weekend, so stumbling across the magiqverse was a unexpected and welcome rabbit hole. Loveing the concept of the readers being able to shape the world, although I don’t envy the author.

Assesment says I’m Thornmouth although I’m also drawn to Weatherwatch.

I’m already in love with the Thornmouth Guild lighthouse, but I could see myself studying in the library and then working on various spells in the storms outside.

Anyway need to catch up to work out the history and the rules.

TTFN

Sapphire

• Rimor

May 9, 2019 at 3:10 pm

Welcome @Sapphire!!!

The amazing @Sellalellen is your guild leader!! (Hands off Sky :wink:)

We have loads of awesome threads such as as the currently reading topic that you might enjoy!

Make sure you read everything in the first post above and also the Forum Primer!

• Marcxbx

August 16, 2019 at 3:03 pm

Hi everyone!

I’m a graphic designer, tattoo artist, and a real life witch! I found this world absolutely fascinating and dove right in and now here I am lol!

• Ariah

May 9, 2019 at 6:25 pm

Hey, y’all! I’m Ariah (Ari for short) :slight_smile: Found the Magiq Assessment through Instagram as other newbies have too. I’m in Balimora guild! I’ve always had a thing for fantasy, books, and online quizzes though never got into RPGs or online forums before. I was intrigued. I’ve read both MP books in 2 days and can’t wait to dive in!

• kimlocke

May 9, 2019 at 6:26 pm

Wow, you’re way ahead of me in the reading! I’m glad we can do this at our own pace though, I don’t feel time pressure at all.

• Ariah

May 9, 2019 at 6:32 pm

@IdyllWild Right! I tend to want all of the info the before jumping into something :smile: But once I know the full story, I’m all in!

• CJB

Administrator
          May 9, 2019 at 6:34 pm

Bless you both. :cjheart: There’s a lot to catch up on, and if you take your time you will enjoy the immersive aspect SO MUCH MORE. There’s no rush. Promise.

• Rimor

May 9, 2019 at 6:38 pm

Welcome @Ariah!! Sorry for the late welcome I was making tea :laughing:

Like IdyllWild your guild leaders are @Helios and @Nimueh!! You can PM them if you have any questions!

Make sure you read everything in the first post carefully and thoroughly as it’s very important! Also CJs book are a fantastic way to catch up so I hope you enjoy them!!

• kimlocke

May 9, 2019 at 6:39 pm

Magic tea, right? :wink:

• spirit_storm

May 9, 2019 at 9:11 pm

Hey, I’m working on reading The Monarch Papers (i love how it is written by the way). I myself love anything magic so obviously when i saw a post on Instagram about Maqiverse i jumped. I was sorted into Ebenguard guild. I RPG regularly, but never on a website or anything this big, so i am greatly intrigued.

It will be interesting catching up with everything, but i defiantly don’t mind, love to read

• Rimor

May 9, 2019 at 9:46 pm

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Forum @spirit_storm!!!

Your guild leaders are @Ginger and @Deyavi! You may have already received a welcome message from one of them so you just to let you know you can PM them if you have any questions or check out the Q&A thread linked in the first post above!

You should definitely read through the first post as it’s very important and informative! CJs two books are a great place to catch up and we have a series of threads you can read through that discuss each chapter but they’re full of spoilers so read the books first!

What drew you to the Instagram post?

• witchery

May 9, 2019 at 11:48 pm

Welcome, @spirit_storm! Funny— I came to AG through the IG campaign as well, and I was also sorted into Ebenguard! I wonder how much else we have in common.

I gotta say (and this goes to everyone), I’m also super new to this community and have found it to be the most welcoming. Don’t be afraid to be your werido, rad self here. It seems like that’s… part of the magiq? WILD, I know. Wild. :wink:

• spirit_storm

May 9, 2019 at 11:55 pm

That is certainly quite the coincidence! And I’m glad to hear that this is a welcoming community!

• krediik

May 10, 2019 at 12:40 am

Hewwo, it is I, krediik, I have been introduced to this forum by a frendo (@Ignatius), and am very excite. (excuse my very silly language please)

• Ignatius

May 10, 2019 at 12:44 am

Welcome! @krediik

I’ll skip a few of the formalities seeing as I know you irl except for when you get your guild to let me know and I’ll let you know your guild leader(s) I do hope you enjoy your time here though!

• Rimor

May 10, 2019 at 8:44 am

Welcome @krediik!!

• Yasi

May 10, 2019 at 1:02 pm

Hi!

I’m Yasi. I stumbled upon AGP by accident through a FaceBook suggestion.

The very mysterious post hooked me and I was swiftly sorted into Balimora Guild.

By day I’m a writer and mother and by night an avid reader and gamer.

I’m not entirely sure what I’m doing or what this is all about, so any pointers are welcome. I’m going to take some time and catch up with the narrative and familiar with the forum.

• BrokenVoid

May 10, 2019 at 1:32 pm

Hey @Yasi, welcome to the forum! I also got pulled in through the Facebook ad.

The best way to get started with the story is by reading The Monarch Papers. The first book can be read for free on the Kindle app. Be sure to read the first post in this thread thoroughly for all the details on getting started here on the forum. There’s a Q&A topic linked in the first post, and you can also message me or one of your guild leaders @Nimueh and @Helios for help.

What about the Facebook ad particularly caught your attention?

• Yasi

May 10, 2019 at 1:36 pm

It was all just very mysterious! Take this quiz, discover your Guild, oh and by the way magic is real… Ok it hooked me! Its a literary feat like nothing I could have imagined.

• BrokenVoid

May 10, 2019 at 1:37 pm

That’s exactly how I felt when I found it too.

• Yasi

May 10, 2019 at 1:39 pm

I’ve just started The Monarch Papers. I want to take my time, fully immerse and get my brain around it all. Hopefully it won’t take me too long.

• Rimor

May 10, 2019 at 1:40 pm

You won’t be able to put the books down!

• Yasi

May 10, 2019 at 1:42 pm

@Rimor Yes I’m discovering that! I’m having to plan when I can sit down and read it, little at a time :slight_smile:

• BrokenVoid

May 10, 2019 at 1:42 pm

There is definitely a lot to take in and wrap your mind around, so it’s best to take it at your own pace. Although to be honest I was so into it a finished the first book in a day.

• Yasi

May 10, 2019 at 1:45 pm

@BrokenVoid I’m a serial reader unfortunately so never read only one book at a time. This has just become number four! But I’m enjoying so far.

• BrokenVoid

May 10, 2019 at 1:48 pm

While you get caught up on the books, you could check out the bookish topic to discuss other books you’re reading or have read.

• Rimor

May 10, 2019 at 1:48 pm

I read multiple books at the same time as well!

• Yasi

May 10, 2019 at 1:49 pm

Thanks @BrokenVoid I’ll take a look!

@Rimor I love dipping in and out of different worlds!

• Rimor

May 10, 2019 at 1:53 pm

Are you sure you’re not a Thornmouth? :laughing:

• Yasi

May 10, 2019 at 1:55 pm

I’ll be honest, I haven’t read any of the other descriptions, but once I’d taken the quiz Balimora fit :smiley:

• Yasi

May 10, 2019 at 1:56 pm

I’m not even quite sure where to find out about all the guilds yet.

• BrokenVoid

May 10, 2019 at 2:02 pm

Here’s a link to the wiki page for Guilds, just be careful not to stray far from the guild pages if you want to avoid some potential book spoilers.

• Yasi

May 10, 2019 at 2:03 pm

Ah ha! thank you :slight_smile:

• baconjurer

June 5, 2019 at 11:50 pm

Same here! I just got kind of sucked in

• Rimor

May 10, 2019 at 1:32 pm

Welcome @Yasi!!

• BrokenVoid

May 10, 2019 at 1:49 pm

Me too, I have two in-progress books on my shelf right now.

• kbbkeeper

May 10, 2019 at 4:09 pm

Hi there! Kbbkeeper here :slight_smile: Just stumbled across this late last night and am super excited to dive in this weekend.

Run my own Tech Company by day, and by night I transform into the Assistant Director at a local dance studio. Have two fur-babies and an equally nerdy Fiance that keeps me on my toes. I finally found something cool before he did!

I sorted into the Ebenguard – which the description is surprisingly accurate. I’m going to reread the primer but I’m pretty sure I know the rules? They are self-explanatory anyway. Going to work on reading the first novel tonight – hopefully have the second done this weekend so I can dive in next week!

• Rimor

May 10, 2019 at 4:18 pm

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Forum @kbbkeeper!!

Your guild leaders are @Ginger and @Deyavi! You can contact them or the Wagoneers, myself included, if you have any questions!

Make sure you read every in the first post as it super important for joining in!

You’ll love the pets thread on here and you can post pics of your own fur babies there! You can also talk about your work, which sounds super cool, over on the werk thread!

• kbbkeeper

May 10, 2019 at 4:21 pm

Thanks so much @Rimor! Gonna get to reading all this homework :wink: and get settled into the universe and go from there.

• BohemianBird

May 10, 2019 at 7:33 pm

Hi! I’m BohemianBird and I’m so thrilled to have come across this the other day – I’m a sucker for an online quiz haha.

Currently I’m working as a freelance copywriter and editor while my friend and I get our communications company started (exciting times!).

I was sorted into the Thornmouth guild and I have say, it’s pretty bang on! I’ve read the primer and the rules, now on to the Monarch Papers :grinning:

• Ignatius

May 10, 2019 at 7:46 pm

Hello! @BohemianBird Thank you so much for going ahead and sorting through the primer!

Your guild leader is @Sellalellen don’t be afraid to ask her any questions you have! Seeing as I’m on my phone I can’t link it properly but I think you would really like the Werk topic! Like I said earlier if you have any questions feel free to private message me or @Sellalellen! I hope you enjoy your times on the forum!

• BrokenVoid

May 10, 2019 at 7:49 pm

Welcome to Thornmouth @BohemianBird!

• Rimor

May 10, 2019 at 7:47 pm

Welcome @BohemianBird!!

We have lots of quizzes and questionnaires coming up soon that you might also enjoy so keep an eye out for them!

(Perfect linking skills Ignatius!)

• Asteria

May 11, 2019 at 12:04 am

Hello there,

I’m a huge lover of fantasy, mystery and books in general. So when I saw an ad for this forum I was pretty excited. Even though I’ve never been part of anything like this, I’m eager to experience it! The guild I was sorted into is Ebenguard.

I like spending time drinking tea, playing with my dog and tending to my plants. I’ve just started Flora and Fauna and I’m already delighted by what I’ve read so far.

Asteria

• cjheighton1998

May 11, 2019 at 12:10 am

welcome, asteria!

• Ignatius

May 11, 2019 at 12:11 am

Hi @Asteria welcome to the forum!

Your guild leaders are @Deyavi and @Ginger! I’m glad to hear that your as into this kind of thing as lots of us are! I really recommend you go check out the Forum Primer if you haven’t already!

I really hope you enjoy your stay if you have any questions feel free to shoot me or your guild leaders a question!

• Zhepha

May 11, 2019 at 12:11 am

Hello!

My name is Tori and I’m new to the AG forums! I found the quiz through IG and was sorted into Ebengaurd. I just started reading the book and am thoroughly enjoying it so far!

• Ignatius

May 11, 2019 at 12:14 am

Hullo! @Zhepha Im really excited you heard and answered the call! We’re happy to have you!

Your guild leaders are @Deyavi and @Ginger if you need help but please don’t forget us @Wagoneers are also here to help! Please check out the Forum Primer if you haven’t already and please enjoy yourself!

• Zhepha

May 11, 2019 at 12:19 am

Thanks a bunch!

• Rimor

May 11, 2019 at 6:10 am

Welcome @Asteria and @Zhepha!!!

• Avery

May 11, 2019 at 10:14 am

Hello! I’m Avery

I’ve been put into Ebenguard and I found this through Facebook. I’ve just started reading the Monarch Papers and I’m very intrigued by this forum

• Rimor

May 11, 2019 at 10:27 am

Welcome @Avery!!!

Your guild leaders are @Ginger and @Deyavi! You can PM them if you have any questions or any of the Wagoneers! There is also a Q&A thread you can check out!

Make sure you’ve read everything above and the forum primer as its all super important!

The monarch papers are definitely the best place to start catching up on everything that’s happened! I’m sure you’re gonna love them!

What hobbies do you have aside from joining mysterious forums? :laughing:

• BrokenVoid

May 11, 2019 at 10:41 am

You’re so quick on the welcome draw every time!

• Rimor

May 11, 2019 at 10:49 am

Im stuck on a two hour train ride so I don’t have much else to do, aside from that I don’t have a life :joy:

• Avery

May 11, 2019 at 9:32 pm

Hello! Other hobbies include escape rooms, scavenger hunts and skulking around the internet haha

I will admit I have no idea what I’ve joined but I’m very intrigued and excited

• Smebel

May 11, 2019 at 12:46 pm

Hello everyone!

I found this place through an ad on FB, and I was instantly drawn to the Guild symbols and names. I was sorted to Weatherwatch, and I’m excited to find out exactly what the means, haha.

I love all things creative-fantasy, including writing my own story ideas (although I will admit I’ve been suffering from a major case of writer’s block recently) and DMing a regular homebrew D&D group. So this concept really called to me and I’m eager to start reading and catching up on this story.

• Rimor

May 11, 2019 at 2:32 pm

cough @Wagoneers cough

• jameshonke

May 11, 2019 at 2:34 pm

Hello! I saw an advert on FB for the Guide and sent it to my girlfriend (she loves Harry Potter so I thought it might interest her. After doing the Guide for myself and receiving a copy of TMP1, I thought I’d give it a read and became hooked. I’m now into TMP2 and trying to catch up as fast as I can.

I was sorted into Thornmouth at first but realised that perhaps I’d not been entirely honest with the test, so I had another crack at it a couple of hours later and it sorted me into Balimora. I instantly felt more connected to it (hence the username / PP).

I DM a group in D&D so the idea seemed pretty awesome! I’m looking forward to being involved at some point in the future.

• Rimor

May 11, 2019 at 2:38 pm

Welcome @Smebel and @Bookchin!

@Skylad and @Remus are your guild leaders Smebel and @Helios and @Nimueh are your guild leaders Bookchin!

If you have any questions you can PM them or any of the Wagoneers! You can also look at the Q&A thread linked above!

Make sure you read everything in the first post and the Forum Primer as it’s super important!

• RangerHopton

May 11, 2019 at 4:44 pm

Hi There,

New to Everything here, but excited to get started.

I took the assessment and came up a Thornmouth, so we will see how it goes :call_me_hand:

• Ignatius

May 11, 2019 at 4:48 pm

@RangerHopton Welcome to the forum!

The Thornmouth guild leader is @Sellalellen so if you have any questions don’t forget to shoot her or us @Wagoneers a question! If you haven’t already go check out the Primer to get sorted on the forum! I really hope you have an amazing time here with us!

Why do you personally think you were put in Thornmouth and what guild affinity stood out to you?

• Ignatius

May 11, 2019 at 4:49 pm

Welcome @Artemis, @Avery, @Smebel, and @Bookchin! I’m really excited to see you guys around!

• BrokenVoid

May 11, 2019 at 4:58 pm

Welcome to the forum @Smebel and @Bookchin, and welcome to Thornmouth @RangerHopton!

• Stelfling

May 11, 2019 at 9:22 pm

Hey there! I’m brand new to this world and I’m a newly assessed Thornmouth. I’m looking forward to exploring and understanding the Magiqverse (if I got that right!).

• BrokenVoid

May 11, 2019 at 9:35 pm

Welcome @Stelfling to the forum and to Thornmouth! Make sure you read the first post of this thread carefully for rules and such. After a few hours on the forum you should be able to visit and interact with the guild section of the forum, where you can get to know your fellow guildmates. Our guild leader is @Sellalellen if you need anything

• Stelfling

May 11, 2019 at 10:28 pm

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, and the important info!

• Rimor

May 11, 2019 at 9:44 pm

Welcome @RangerHopton and @Stelfling!!

• Rimor

May 11, 2019 at 9:45 pm

@Avery we were doing some scavenger hunts in the Secret Society a couple of months ago and it was really fun! So hopefully CJ might use that idea again in the future!

• Avery

May 11, 2019 at 10:02 pm

@Rimor that sounds amazing! I’m kinda sad I missed it so hopefully there will be more

• Rimor

May 11, 2019 at 10:03 pm

Welcome @Leaves!!

@Avery I hope there will be more as well! It was super fun trying to work out the location clues and coordinating with other Mounties to find them!

• BrokenVoid

May 11, 2019 at 10:12 pm

Yeah, I just missed it too unfortunately.

• Leaves

May 11, 2019 at 9:49 pm

Somehow found myself reading a book to be sorted into a Guild. As soon as I read the description of my Guild I realized I really wanted to be a part of this world. It suited me perfectly!

I am very excited to start reading the first book and getting to know more about the Magiqverse.

• BrokenVoid

May 11, 2019 at 9:58 pm

Welcome @Leaves! Glad you’re interested and feel connected with your guild. Make sure you read the first post on getting started here on the forum, and reading the books is a great way to get caught up on the Magiqverse. Your guild leaders are @Nimueh and @Helios, you can message them if you need anything.

• Ignatius

May 11, 2019 at 9:59 pm

Welcome @Leaves and @Stelfling!

• Stelfling

May 11, 2019 at 10:27 pm

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

• arctrooper117

May 11, 2019 at 10:57 pm

Hi everyone! My name is Faulke and I am a new Weatherwatch! Happy to be here and I’m ready to learn all I can.

• Ignatius

May 11, 2019 at 10:59 pm

Welcome @Faulke!

Your leaders are @Skylad and @Remus so if you have any questions shoot them or us @Wagoneers a message! Don’t forget to check out the Primer if you haven’t already as that will help you get set up! I’m happy you answered the call and decided to join us!

• BrokenVoid

May 11, 2019 at 11:00 pm

Welcome @Faulke!

• witchery

May 11, 2019 at 11:55 pm

@Leaves, @Stelfling, @Faulke— just to echo all the amazing people in here: WELCOME! We like being The Friendliest :tm: around here, if you couldn’t tell.

Have fun exploring the forums and don’t feel too pressured to figure it all out right away; everyone here is totally okay with helping folk out and everyone working at their own pace. You get to be you here. :smile:

• BrokenVoid

May 12, 2019 at 12:07 am

Couldn’t say it better!

• Rimor

May 12, 2019 at 7:33 am

Welcome @Faulke!!

• Strix

May 12, 2019 at 10:28 am

Hello, I’m Strix.

I’m extremely shy at first and I’m not technologically savvy.

I will attempt to figure this out!

• BrokenVoid

May 12, 2019 at 11:06 am

Welcome @Strix , to the forum and to Thornmouth! Fortunately the forum doesn’t require too much technlogy-wise, and you can take as much time as you need getting the hang of things. Just make sure you read the first post of this thread for the rules and beginner info. Our guild leader is @Sellalellen if you need anything, or you can message the @Wagoneers for help.

• Rimor

May 12, 2019 at 11:27 am

Welcome @Strix!!

• Visenya

May 12, 2019 at 12:47 pm

Hi all!

I am Visenya! I love traveling, cats, reading, magic and the outdoors. I work in clinical research. I am currently getting caught up and reading…everything! I am in the Thornmouth guild.

Nice to meet you all!!

• Ignatius

May 12, 2019 at 1:21 pm

@Visenya Welcome to the forum!

Your guild leader is @Sellalellen so if you have a question ask her or us @Wagoneers. I’m so happy you answered the call! Perhaps we’ll run into each other somewhere on here!

• Rimor

May 12, 2019 at 1:32 pm

Welcome @Visenya!! You should check out the pets thread!

• BrokenVoid

May 12, 2019 at 4:21 pm

Welcome @Visenya and @Elle_M to the forum and to Thornmouth! I’m also quite a language nerd, you’ll fit in well.

• rosiemaley

May 12, 2019 at 5:16 pm

Hi, I’m really excited to join the Magiqverse! I got matched with the Guild Ebenguard, and I’m looking forward to start reading :slight_smile:

• BrokenVoid

May 12, 2019 at 5:22 pm

Welcome to the forum @Ren, we’re excited to have you here! Reading the books is the best way to get caught up on how magiq works and who some important people are. Make sure you read through the first post for the rules of the forum, and your guild leaders are @Deyavi and @Ginger if you need anything. Also feel free to message us @Wagoneers.

• Ignatius

May 12, 2019 at 5:41 pm

Welcome @Ren!

• Rimor

May 12, 2019 at 5:56 pm

Welcome @Ren!!

• rosiemaley

May 12, 2019 at 6:23 pm

Thank you so much!

• witchery

May 12, 2019 at 7:12 pm

@Ren, I’m in Ebenguard too! Welcome :slight_smile:

• BrokenVoid

May 12, 2019 at 8:06 pm

Welcome to the forum and to Thornmouth @SparkyTheFallen!

• Dizzlekitti

May 12, 2019 at 10:12 pm

Hi, I am Dizzle and I am from London, UK…

stumbled upon the Instagram link and here I am. In Thornmouth (so appropriate). I like books, cats, drum and bass music and old BMW’s. I have a daytime job organising people and things. I’m 78 pages into the Monarch Papers and I’m hooked.

• Ignatius

May 12, 2019 at 10:14 pm

@Dizzlekitti Welcome to the forum!

The Thornmouth leader is @Sellalellen so if you have any questions ask her or us Wagoneer’s! We have several book related chats over in the #the-creationary!

There is also a pet channel but I seem uncapable of linking it atm…

• Dizzlekitti

May 12, 2019 at 10:16 pm

@Ignatius thank you, I am looking forward to this journey… I’m sure you will all grow very fed up of hearing about my cats :joy_cat:

• Ignatius

May 12, 2019 at 10:19 pm

I’m excited for your journey aswell! I do not think anyone will grow tired of seeing your fuzzy children! (That was an interesting sentence!)

• Rimor

May 12, 2019 at 10:22 pm

Welcome @Dizzlekitti!! I’m currently on holiday in London!! I normally live up in the north but I decided to have a trip! I believe there are two or three other London Mounties besides you

• Dizzlekitti

May 12, 2019 at 10:26 pm

I love it up north! People are so much nicer than us spiky Londoners. I want to move to the country, but work is here and I’m a little outside the capital as it is. I hope you are having a lovely holiday 🧚‍♀️

• Rimor

May 12, 2019 at 10:30 pm

The north is alright, I’m lucky in the fact I live near a lot of the national parks.

I’ve discovered you uncultured Londoners don’t have hobgoblin or parmos! :wink: Aside from that it’s been a great weekend! I’ve just done the big three museums today and it was awesome!

• Dizzlekitti

May 12, 2019 at 10:38 pm

I’ve not been into Central London for ever. I live out on the end of the Northern Line Tube, much quieter here. What is this hobgoblin and parmos you speak of? :joy:

• Rimor

May 12, 2019 at 10:43 pm

They’re a delicacy to the tees valley area, hobgoblin is a beer and parmos are a meal. Both are only served here unfortunately :laughing:

• Dizzlekitti

May 12, 2019 at 11:00 pm

I’ve Googled the parmos! It looks pretty tasty with all that cheese… I wonder if there’s a quorn one :joy: my partner would love it, it’s up his street meat and cheese delight… I’ll have to look out for the beer, I think I may have seen it before is sainsburys and I do like a decent beer… I can’t even think of alcohol after the amount I drank on Saturday at a wedding… I’ll never drink again (until next time)

• BrokenVoid

May 12, 2019 at 10:31 pm

Welcome to the forum and Thornmouth @Dizzlekitti!

• Nimueh

May 12, 2019 at 11:19 pm

(Sees another Brit come in) :eyes:

Oh, hello there!

• Dizzlekitti

May 13, 2019 at 7:02 am

Hi! Are there lots of us here, or are we scattered like sprinkles on a cake?

• Rimor

May 13, 2019 at 7:17 am

There are four Londoners including you, I’m north east, Nims Welsh and I think we have a Scottish Mounty as well. Those are just the ones I’m aware of

• Dizzlekitti

May 13, 2019 at 7:41 am

That’s pretty cool, I mean its nice to know I’m going to make sense to people :joy:

• Tungstenedge

May 13, 2019 at 8:39 am

Hey friends, just accidentally stumbled upon this test and really had a fun time taking it.

When it sorted me into Flinterforge and I started reading the description I was amazed with how accurate it was!

I literally still had dirt on my hands from some trail work I was doing earlier that same day! Excited to catch up, looks like it will be a bit of work but I think it’s going to be worth it.

• Skylad

May 13, 2019 at 9:32 am

Hey @Tungstenedge! I think most people are asleep atm so I shall welcome you aboard! @Tinker and @Viviane will be stoked to have a second set of hands to help out in the workshop! If you haven’t checked it out yet the Primer is a great first step and of course @Revenir has made an amazing Wiki which I highly recommend checking out.

Any questions at all please reach out to any of the leaders but Tink and Viv would love to hear from you when you’re all settled :grin:

• Ignatius

May 13, 2019 at 12:08 pm

@Tungstenedge Welcome!

• Rimor

May 13, 2019 at 11:35 am

Welcome @Tungstenedge!!

• BrokenVoid

May 13, 2019 at 12:01 pm

Welcome @Tungstenedge!

• KingDAP

May 13, 2019 at 4:31 pm

Hello. New Flinterforge here.

• Rimor

May 13, 2019 at 7:33 pm

Welcome to the Ackerly Green forum @KingDAP!

You guild leaders are @Viviane and @Tinker! If you have any questions, which I’m sure you will, you can pm either of them or the Wagoneers! There’s also a Q&A thread where you can look for answers or ask questions!

Make sure you read everything in the first post especially the forum primer as it’s super important!

Okay now the formalities are over what are your interests and where do you hail from?

(Sorry for the very late reply I’m currently on my way back from London)

• KingDAP

May 14, 2019 at 5:31 pm

No problem and thanks. But, before I go any further, I decided out of curiosity to take the assessment again. I actually started answering the questions exactly the same as I did the first time (the only difference being I crossed my fingers of both hands this time for one of the questions) but this time I was presented with different and more questions than before. As a result of this second assessment, my guild is Ebenguard. What do I do?? I feel both my original guild Flinterforge and Ebenguard both align with my temperament. :confused:

• Nimueh

May 14, 2019 at 5:49 pm

Hey King! Welcome! It’s okay to feel connected with more than one guild. We have a couple of people around here that do, and we refer to this as being polyguild. I’m actually not sure how you get tagged as both on the website though…

• KingDAP

May 18, 2019 at 6:09 pm

I somehow missed this welcome message. I think its because I was still deciding on my path. Anyway, I think interests can be gleaned from my replies to various other posts.

And I was going to say that the only thing that’s missing is where I ‘hail from’ but I just revealed that in another post :laughing:. But to be more direct and make it easier, I’m from Florida.

• Rimor

May 18, 2019 at 7:28 pm

Ahahah it’s quite alright

• BrokenVoid

May 13, 2019 at 7:44 pm

Welcome @KingDAP!

• Adalgrim

May 13, 2019 at 7:50 pm

Hello everyone! I stumbled on this almost by accident and I’m unquestionably intrigued by all of this. It really is quite incredible.

A little about me then. I’ve been placed in Thornmouth, which is an exact fit. I’m in IT with an interest in data security. I read at a prodigious rate. I used to sometimes read four or five books during the same time period. I also love history, folklore, mythology, and comparing the stories and histories of various culture to one another. Thanks!

• Ignatius

May 13, 2019 at 8:04 pm

@Adalgrim! Welcome to the forum!

The Thornmouth guild leader is @Sellalellen! We have a few web based Mounties that you can talk to over in the Werk channel! There is alot of book stuff over in the

#bookish channels! Happy to have you here!

• Rimor

May 13, 2019 at 8:05 pm

Welcome @Adalgrim!!

I love mythology and folklore as well! Also my brother is currently doing his masters in Digital security and my dad is a NHS ICT security officer!

What country are you from?

• Ignatius

May 13, 2019 at 8:06 pm

I also love History and Mythology I just didn’t throw that in there as to not add another paragraph!

• BrokenVoid

May 13, 2019 at 9:47 pm

Welcome to the forum and Thornmouth @Adalgrim!

• Adalgrim

May 13, 2019 at 10:02 pm

Thanks all! @Rimor I’m in the US

• Valerian

May 13, 2019 at 11:00 pm

hello Everyone, I’m Valerian

i’m new to this universe but i already find it fascinating. I found this through Facebook. I’m from Quebec , Canada and i got sorted into Ebenguard.

i’ve read the rules and the primer

• Ignatius

May 13, 2019 at 11:19 pm

Welcome @Valerian!

The guild leaders for Ebenguard are @Deyavi and @Ginger! So if you have any questions feel free to ask them or any of us Wagoneers! I’m so happy you heard the call and decided to answer it!

What are some interests or hobbies of yours Valerian?

• Valerian

May 13, 2019 at 11:43 pm

@Ignatius

all my interests and hobbies turn around technology, fantasy and games (Larp, tabletops , board games , video games, etc)

• Ignatius

May 13, 2019 at 11:46 pm

Well I know we have atleast a DND topic if that sorts your fantasy! Um I’m not sure if we have a topic for video games as of yet but I’m sure if not you could definitely make one!

• Connielass

May 14, 2019 at 12:10 am

Hullo hullo! Connie here, a brand new baby Gossmere! I may be silent on forum whilst I read the first installment, but I’m loving the community that I’m seeing, and excited to delve into this new world!

@Valerian, I’m also into gaming, tabletop and Switch mostly. Perhaps we could get something started, with the approval of the wagoneers?

• BrokenVoid

May 14, 2019 at 12:38 am

Welcome @Valerian and @Connielass! We could definitely make a gaming topic if there isn’t one already

• Ignatius

May 14, 2019 at 12:42 am

@Valerian and @Connielass I do not see one and I just searched for one so if you guys want I can make one!

• BrokenVoid

May 14, 2019 at 12:43 am

Sure, go ahead! I’m sure there would be plenty of interest in it. I’ll definitely join in

• Valerian

May 14, 2019 at 12:44 am

@ignatius i’ll definitely join the topic too

• Connielass

May 14, 2019 at 12:48 am

Absolutely, @Ignatius, I’d love it!

• LeRoy

May 14, 2019 at 12:51 am

Yo, new Weatherwatch on deck! :sun_behind_rain_cloud: Very excited to have stumbled across this world of fiction and creation!

• BrokenVoid

May 14, 2019 at 12:55 am

Welcome to the forum @LeRoy! We’re excited to have you here. Make sure you read through the first post in this thread for all of the rules and info on getting started here. Once you’ve done that there are plenty of cool and fun discussions to check out. After a few hours on the forum you’ll also be able to interact with your guild’s thread, so you can get to know your guildmates. Your guild leaders are @Remus and @Skylad if you need help, or message any of us @Wagoneers.

• Zurujay

May 14, 2019 at 1:44 am

Hey everyone! I just found this wonderful place the other day through an ad on instagram. My username is something I tend to use everywhere, it’s my personal tag of sorts. I’m also happy to go by Zuri for short.

I took the test and I was sorted into Gossmere, which I feel a great affinity towards but I’m also somewhat drawn to Balimora. As far as magic goes I very much identify with Balimora; I’m very much a practitioner of nature magic, animal, plants, crystals, and other natural things attract me and I’ve always had more of a connection with that area of magic. Philosophy and personality, however, I fit very well into Gossmere; I’m always trying to practice empathy and be kind towards others and help anyone I can. So, as you can see, I’m rather torn and would love some help with this.

I’m excited to be here and to see what this place is about! I’ll begin the reading soon since I’m kinda busy with school stuff but I can’t wait :relaxed:

• Ignatius

May 14, 2019 at 1:50 am

@Zurujay Welcome to the forum my fellow Gossmere!

Our guild leader for Gossmere is @Augustus_Octavian so if you have any questions feel free to shoot him or us Wagoneers a message! For some reason I can’t find the Balimora leaders but maybe another @Wagoneers could fill in that gap!

Trust me the books (especially the first one) are amazing! Honestly I think its typically the personality that gets you into whichever guild (or so I’ve noticed) but I qualified for Gossmere on both so take that with a pinch of salt!

• Zurujay

May 14, 2019 at 2:20 am

@Ignatius thanks so much! After doing some reading I think I’m a better fit for Balimora, but I appreciate the help :grin:

• Ignatius

May 14, 2019 at 2:24 am

No problem! Once again so sorry that I couldn’t find the Balimora leadership! Also don’t forget to read the first post in this topic as that will also help get you situated!

• Zurujay

May 14, 2019 at 2:25 am

Sounds good, thanks again!

• BrokenVoid

May 14, 2019 at 1:51 am

Welcome @Zurujay!

• Song_Cye

May 14, 2019 at 2:11 am

Greetings, everyone!

I am Son but you can call me “Song” (A combination of my first and last name’s first two letters and totally ideal for a character’s name). Like most newcomers here, I discovered the “Magiq Assessment” via Instagram (I was interested in the magic illustration, so I clicked), and I got sorted into Ebenguard guild! I have always been a fan of mystical things, and I have been practicing tarot card reading as a way to explore more about spirituality/mysticism and English language (My mother-tongue language is Vietnamese). Since I just graduated yesterday with a BA in English literature, I seek this “magiqverse” to practice my writing/reading skills and get to know my fellow magicians along the way. I also hope to get involved more in this type of writing/reading experience now that I am out of school (Yay!). Now… if you’ll excuse me, I will have to go read the recently-downloaded “The Monarch Papers” before I can get to know my guild better. Again, hello to everyone!

• Ignatius

May 14, 2019 at 2:17 am

@Song_Cye Welcome to the forum!

The Ebenguard guild leaders are @Deyavi and @Ginger! So if you have any questions shoot them or us Wagoneers a message! If you like writing/reading be sure to check out the #bookish topics and pretty much everything in the #the-creationary!

Congrats on getting out of school! I know we have several magicians around here somewhere! I really hope you have fun around here on the forum! Also please don’t forget to read the very first post here to get you to help get situated on the forum!

• Song_Cye

Hello Ignatius!

Thank you for the warm welcome! I will make sure to check the #bookish and #the-creationary later!

• Ignatius

May 14, 2019 at 2:31 am

I really hope you enjoy your time here!

• BrokenVoid

May 14, 2019 at 2:18 am

Welcome @Song_Cye! This is a great place to work on creative writing skills.

• BrokenVoid

Balimora leaders are @Nimueh and @Helios

• Zurujay

May 14, 2019 at 2:33 am

Nice, thanks

• BrokenVoid

May 14, 2019 at 2:33 am

No problem

• Rimor

May 14, 2019 at 8:49 am
  • KingDAP

May 14, 2019 at 6:00 pm

Well I did join the Flinterforge guild because I was happy with that result and it was spot on with my current stage in life. But, as I said previously, out of curiosity I took the assessment again. When I read about Ebenguard as a result, I thought, “Wow, this is pretty spot on also to my personal temperment.” I just thought it was weird that I answered everything the same as I remember, but was brought down a different path this time. The assessment even ribbed me for looking at the “haunted stone” again, which I did lol. My logic mind tells me that maybe it recognized my IP address as an explanation but I like to believe otherwise😉.

• Viviane

May 14, 2019 at 6:10 pm

Hey, King! Nimueh is correct – it is not unusual for people to feel connected to more than one Guild. To get the best experience and introduction to the MAGIQ-verse, I’d recommend picking one guild to be primarily associated with at first. Then, if you still feel drawn to another guild after you’ve gotten a better taste for the whole magimystic experience, you may wish to explore some aspects of another guild, or even change guilds altogether. It’s as if two different universities have accepted you, but you need to only be involved in one at a time to get the full experience.

How you decide which guild to explore first is up to you. Which sounds more interesting to you at the moment? Which one’s colors do you like better? Maybe you really can’t decide and you flip a coin or something. And if you’re still really torn and want to get an insider’s perspective, I think I can safely say the Leaders would be happy to chat with you about their Guilds. :slight_smile:

• KingDAP

May 14, 2019 at 6:44 pm

Thank you! I usually feel the first experience is always the right path but I’ll have to meditate on it :laughing:

• Viviane

May 14, 2019 at 6:45 pm

Absolutely! Do whatever seems best for you. :relaxed:

• KingDAP

May 15, 2019 at 2:22 pm

Well I took the assessment multiple times already and I come out as Ebenguard. I just can’t answer the questions any other way. So there must’ve been some kind of anomaly which destined me to Flinterforge. It makes sense to my current state. I’m head on in my relatively new hobby of blacksmithing & bladesmithing which I hope to maybe make a living at one day, and I’m really good at figuring out why something is broken or doesn’t work and making an improvised fix or solution. So for that reason I’m sticking with Flinterforge!

• Rimor

May 15, 2019 at 2:38 pm

It’s generally best not to take the assessment more then once, especially in the beginning, as things can get freak due to the guide having powerful magiqal abilities and minor sentience.

Also it’s about time we had a blacksmithing Flinterforger as it just completes the stereotype of them being metal forging dwarfs! :wink: :laughing:

• KingDAP

May 15, 2019 at 2:44 pm

:joy::joy: I am kinda short, but not that short!

• metatomato

May 14, 2019 at 6:46 pm

Welcome! Random question, you wouldn’t have gone under a username Dapianokid on a different forum, would you? We called him Dap, for short. Either way, good to have you around!

• KingDAP

May 14, 2019 at 6:51 pm

:joy: thats a negative. DAP are my initials! I think this may be the first forum I’ve ever been a part of. Well, I may have joined a bladesmiths forum, I honestly can’t remember, but I would’ve been KingDAP on that as well. :sunglasses:

And thanks!

• Kudall

May 15, 2019 at 2:13 am

Hi there!

My name is Kudall. I’m thrilled to be starting this new and exciting journey! I’ve just discovered that I’m Balimora and I couldn’t agree more. I’m a pretty avid D&D player and I often choose characters with some sort of a nature magic background. I’ve just finished reading the forum primer and rules and can’t wait to see what this world has in store for me :leaves::herb::seedling:

• Ignatius

May 15, 2019 at 2:17 am

Welcome @Kudall!

The Balimora guild leaders are @Helios and @Nimueh! So if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask them or us Wagoneers questions!

Last night we set up a gaming topic where you can talk about all kinds of games and I know we have a DND specific topic! I really hope you enjoy your time around here!

• BrokenVoid

May 15, 2019 at 2:24 am

Welcome @Kudall!

• Kudall

May 15, 2019 at 2:36 am

Thanks for the welcome :grin: @Ignatius and @BrokenVoid I’m pretty pumped!

I got some reading to catch up on :closed_book::closed_book::closed_book:

• lunaaabelle92

May 15, 2019 at 6:38 am

Greetings! I am Lunaaa of guild Balimora :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m a self confessed nerd, bookworm and plant-mum.

Nerd – addicted to the Sims and dragon age inquisition, dice collector, regular role player, newbie DnD-er, lover of board games.

Bookworm – my favourite genre is fantasy, always always always fantasy, and I adore YA despite pushing the top end of that age bracket LOL. I enjoy book subscription boxes so I get 2 book surprises a month so my tbr list is massive.

Plant mum – I don’t have pets (anymore, sad face) so instead I have a house filled with plants! Mainly succulents and cacti but am also starting with some outdoor plants. They’ve all got names too!

I’m looking forward to getting involved with the story :smile:

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

• BetTer43

May 15, 2019 at 7:06 am

Hi, I’m BetTer43 and totally new here. Just going to start the book and I’m proudly to be part of the ThornMouth Guild!

• Rimor

May 15, 2019 at 9:09 am

Welcome @Kudall, @lunaaabelle92 and @BetTer43!!

@lunaaabelle92 you guild leaders are @Nimueh and @Helios! @BetTer43you guild leader is @Sellalellen! If you two have any questions you can PM you leaders or any of the Wagoneers! There’s also a Q&A thread where you can find answers and ask questions!

First off though make sure you read everything in the first post and the forum primer!

You’ll both enjoy the #bookish category as it has loads of book related threads! Also Luna you’ll like the Gardening thread Chi created!

• BetTer43

May 16, 2019 at 2:50 am

Thanks for the warm welcome @Rimor

• BrokenVoid

May 15, 2019 at 12:08 pm

Welcome @lunaaabelle92 and @BetTer43!

• Fox-Song

May 15, 2019 at 3:01 pm

Hiya! My name’s Kitt. I only really have experience roleplaying in video games, and DnD. I do art, and I’ll probably make a new profile pic, this one is temporary. (The one with the magikarp eating piplup for anyone in the future)

I was sorted into Balimora, which sounds like a blast!

Thats my introduction, look forward to getting caught up!

• BrokenVoid

May 15, 2019 at 3:34 pm

Welcome @Fox-Song! Glad to have you here, and I agree that Balimora sounds like a pretty fun guild to be part of. Make sure you read through the first post for rules and instruction, then we have video game and D&D topics that you can check out if you like. After a couple hours on the forum you should be able to interact with your guild’s thread so you can get to know your new guildmates. Your guild leaders are @Nimueh and @Helios is you need anything, or feel free to message us @Mountaineers

• Rimor

May 15, 2019 at 3:54 pm

Welcome @Fox-Song!!

• MadamePopova

May 15, 2019 at 11:41 pm

Hello! I’ve also been drawn in by that seemingly very successful Instagram campaing!

The guide made me an Ebenguard which makes sense as my day job is director of a non-profit in Montreal, Canada. French is my first language.

I live for cats, different types of crafts (but mainly crochet) (also is there a DIY/crafting thread), food and magic. I make my own herbal remedies.

I tried DND but I’m way too shy so it’s hard. Maybe this forum is the solution to quench my roleplaying thirst!

• Ignatius

May 16, 2019 at 12:47 am

@MadamePopova Hello! I’m so sorry no one has welcomed you yet!

Your guild leaders are @Deyavi and @Ginger! If you like DND I’m sure you’ll like our official DND topic! We also have a Pets topic! You might also enjoy the Werk topic! If you haven’t be sure to read over the first post in this topic!

Once again i’m so sorry that no one has welcomed you yet! I hope you have fun on the forum!

• Song_Cye

May 16, 2019 at 12:48 am

@MadamePopova Greetings, fellow Ebenguardian! Come join us for a stroll on the beach in our guild forum! :star_struck:

• BrokenVoid

May 16, 2019 at 1:12 am

Welcome @MadamePopova to our lovely forum!

• Runa

May 16, 2019 at 3:32 am

Hello everyone,

My name is Runa and I am quite excited to start reading everything and get caught up. I was sorted into Thornmouth from the guide, and it seems fitting, though I do not know the descriptions of any of the other guilds, so I cannot say for sure.

IRL, I am taking my boards to be a licensed acupuncturist. I love antiques, secret codes/alphabets, paleography, runes, sigils, fountain pens, writing desks and sealing wax. I love making herbal medicine, baking, and drinking tea. Knitting and sewing is also a love of mine. :two_hearts:

Looking forward to learning more about this community and world.

Runa :tea:

• Ignatius

May 16, 2019 at 3:37 am

Welcome @Runa!

The Thornmouth guild leader is @Sellalellen! So if you have any questions feel free to ask her or us!

Sounds like you lead an interesting life! It sounds like you might enjoy the Werk topic! I know that there are several people that share quite a few of those interests so feel free to hang out and chat with them in either the general discussion topic or in the previously mentioned werk topic!

We look forward to seeing you around! I hope you have an amazing time here on the forum!

• Runa

May 16, 2019 at 3:38 am

Thank you, @Ignatius!

• Ignatius

May 16, 2019 at 3:41 am

It was my pleasure! If any questions pop up please feel free to PM me, the other Wagonneers, or as previously mentioned @Sellalellen!

For real though I’ll be more than happy to answer any questions you have! Have a wonderful night!

• MadamePopova

May 16, 2019 at 12:24 pm

Hello @Runa ! Seems we share interests in herbal medecine and fiber crafts. 🙂:smile: Welcome!

• Runa

May 16, 2019 at 1:52 pm

Thank you, @MadamePopova !

I love cats as well, as I have two. My oldest, Agni, just turned 13 this April. Artemis will be 12 this year. I hope they live to 100! I also am really into food ( especially learning techniques and food as medicine) and DIY/ threadcraft. Do you spin? I have used a drop spindle for a while and can’t get the hang of a wheel, though I must admit, I haven’t tried very hard at it, lol!

• MadamePopova

May 17, 2019 at 2:09 am

@Runa I don’t spin but I’d love to learn and also dye my yarn with natural ingredients (avocado pits,etc). I mostly do crochet, embroidery and hand sewing. :yarn: