The Year of The Ackerly Green Guilds

This post is a long time coming, especially since it’s now May (ouch) but now that The Book of Briars, The Briar Society: Chapter One, and the Neithernor RPG Handbook are all out (ouch again), I have some breathing room and can get back to plans I’d made before 2021 even started!

So, yes, it’s May, but it’s now officially The Year of The Guilds!

What does that mean, you ask? Well, lots of things!

Guilds Category Restoration

The first big announcement is the upcoming overhaul of the Guilds categories. I know when new Mounties join the community, a lot of them want to explore their guild and meet their fellow guildmates (especially since the guilds are the first place they can dip their toes in the in-world Age of Magic,) and established Mounties want to continue exploring their guilds in new ways.

So with the critical help of the community leaders, I’m going to spend the week archiving and/or revitalizing old guild topics, creating new topics, and drafting posts that offer more guidance for newbies and veterans alike. We have some fun ideas for topics, but if you have ideas or a wishlist, I’d love to hear them!

In the coming month, I’ll also be working to create some interactive and roleplay opportunities in the guilds to add to the lore and create a richer experience overall. I hope that the Guilds begin to feel like a home-away-from-home and the anchor of the in-world Age of Magic.

Guild Induction Ceremony

Okay, this is my new favorite thing.

On a recent leadership call, Viviane pitched the idea to create a monthly event where Mounties, both new and old, could officially join their guild in a magical ceremony here on the forum!

Working together, the leaders came up with the idea of a monthly Guild Induction Ceremony where you join other members in a secret area of the forum, agree to uphold certain tenets of your guild, and experience some magimystic fun as you’re officially welcomed by fellow guildmates and canon characters! A lot of what happens in the ceremony is a secret, but it’s no-stress, non-culty, and you’ll even get a special badge for it.

The ceremony will be around the end of every month, but we’ll have an official date sometime this week. If you’d like to be a part of the first ceremony, you can “sign up” by joining the Guild Induction group here!

New Guild Pins

Yep! They’re new, they’re big, and they’re beautiful!

I finally bit the bullet and had new guild pins manufactured in the same antique brass style as the other pins on the book shop! They’ve been in my office for a month, and I’ve been dying to reveal them:

Aren’t they gorgeous?!

They’re 1.5 inches tall, have two secure locking pins on the back, and they go on sale in two weeks!

Secret Guild Product Coming This Fall

I can’t say too much about it right now, but this new immersive product has been in the works for over a year, and though it has some familiar elements, there’s really nothing like it anywhere else.

And I can’t wait to tell you all about it. Soon, (but if you reply with a correct guess, I might respond with confirmation.)

In Summary:

• New Guild Categories Coming This Week
  • New Immersive Guild Activities Coming In a Month or So
  • New Guild Induction Ceremony Every Month
  • You can be at the first ceremony by joining this group
  • New Guild Pins Releasing in Two Weeks!
  • New Immersive Merch Coming This Fall!

Finally, a reminder to share your guild category ideas below!

I’m so excited to further explore the magimystic guilds with all of you.

One Comment

Leave a Reply

[bbp-topic-form]