Week Two Chapters 6-9: The Mountaineers
Welcome to week two of the AG Book Club, Mounties! Week one got us off to a great start, and I’m very excited for this week because this is where Marty’s story converges with the TMP experience of the modern-day Mountaineers. Here are some discussion points for this week, but as always, feel free to share your original ideas and perspectives about the reading.
1. Before the internet, how do you think the Mountaineers came together?
2. If you could choose one Mountaineer from the 90s to sit down with and talk to today, who would it be?
3. What are some emerging themes in the book?
4. Think about the other people we’ve been introduced to thus far, besides Marty. What do you think Marty’s involvement with the Mounties from the 90s looked like from their perspective?
5. What do you think motivated Dr. Brightwell to gift Marty with the token?
6. We learn in these chapters about Marty’s experience taking the assessment in the Guide to Magiq. What did you learn about yourself when you took the Guide, and when you became a part of your chosen Guild?
7. Here, Marty’s story converges with that of the Mountaineers of the modern-day, and our own adventure. This is when he was welcomed into our midst, although he would not begin mingling with us until later on. What were your feelings and experiences upon coming to the forum for the first time?
8. Some of our very favorite familiar names and faces enter the story in these chapters. If you could join a committee headed by one of these persons, which would it be, and why? (Tech support with Bash? HR with Eaves? Social networking with Itsuki?)
9. What happened in these chapters that surprised you? Made you sad? Made you happy?
As always, Mountaineers, if you can pick out any themes or Easter Eggs from this week, please feel free to share! Your original thoughts, related ideas, or favorite lines from the book are always welcome in our discussion. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to @ me or another Guild Leader for guidance.
CREATIVE PROMPT: The theme of the chapter selection of this week is “The Mountaineers.” The header art of this week was created by our dear @Revenir! (Wishing you love and luck at URTAs!) Using the theme of this week for inspiration, please share with us your own written/visual/auditory creation.
Log in to reply.