Activity Forums The Hall of Hobbies Gaming Garrison Wizards Unite! Discussion

Tagged: 

• Wizards Unite! Discussion

Posted by CJB on June 20, 2019 at 1:50 am

I just watched the new trailer:

And I’m pretty excited!

Just thought I’d jump the gun and create a place to discuss when it officially releases in TWO DAYS!

Hekate replied 2 years, 11 months ago 38 Members · 207 Replies
  • 207 Replies
  • Tinker

June 20, 2019 at 2:27 am

I’m very excited!!!

• Ashburn

June 20, 2019 at 2:32 am

:eyes:

:deirdreexcited: :spiritseergimme: :deirdreexcited: :spiritseergimme: :deirdreexcited:

• oraclesage-2

June 20, 2019 at 2:51 am

I am lowkey bummed that houses in no affects mechanics, and is purely cosmetic, but I kind of understand why Niantic did it that way. I think it will be super interesting to see what the actual game play experience is like? What professions are y’all going into? I am leaning magizoologist myself.

I wonder if it will have a friends feature similar to the one in Pokemon Go? :thinking:

• WyrdOne

June 20, 2019 at 6:15 am

I’ve been waiting for this game since they released Hogwarts Mystery! I was so tired of seeing ads on Instagram for it when it was only available in Australia. I’m so happy :cjheart:

• Miliham

June 20, 2019 at 7:02 am

I’m super excited that this is finally coming out. I can’t wait to start it.

• Nimueh

June 20, 2019 at 7:09 am

But it’s still only in Aus and US :frowning:

• Nimueh

June 20, 2019 at 7:11 am

OMG, nvm, it’s releaing here!!! FINALLY!!!

• Sapphire

June 20, 2019 at 8:20 am

Im not sure what to make of this.

I will probably play for awhile, but I live in an area with mininum phone signal and very few Niantic focus points/hubs (based on ingress/pokemon go exp).

All for adventuring to play, but it really dampens your ability to level up when you cant play near constantly.

• Augustus_Octavian

June 20, 2019 at 9:32 am

Thanks for setting up this topic! I’ll go say goodbye to my wife and kids now, so it won’t be a surprise when I vanish on release day.

• Alissiya

June 20, 2019 at 2:05 pm

I’m downloading it now aaahhh!! I’m so excited!!

• Rimor

June 20, 2019 at 2:07 pm

That video just shows why Harry should have learned more spells then just expelliarmus as that doesn’t work against dementors :laughing:

• Ashburn

June 20, 2019 at 2:36 pm

Some people can download now, but it’s saying my device “isn’t compatible with this version.” :laurencry:

• Alissiya

June 20, 2019 at 2:39 pm

sad violin noises

• Teejafaw

June 20, 2019 at 2:53 pm

I’m gonna catch ’em all!

Edit: I’m in!

• Nimueh

June 20, 2019 at 3:04 pm

:frowning: My device isn’t compatiable either

• Ashburn

June 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm

Hopefully they’re just doing something jerky like “oh, specific phones can get a head start.”

Because if my phone can run PoGo and not this, I call shenanigans.

• Nimueh

June 20, 2019 at 3:54 pm

Maybe they’re just doing a rolling release? I really hope so. I didn’t play Pokemon Go, and was really looking forward to something along those lines but in a fandom I actually like.

• Teejafaw

June 20, 2019 at 3:19 pm

The local church appears to be a magical fortress. I’m sure they’ll be over the moon to hear that!

• Rowan

June 22, 2019 at 5:00 am

Me: opening WU in church

WU: sounds

Congregation: stares

Me: That was just me unlocking my soul to Jesus… :flushed::flushed::sweat_smile::laughing:

• Sapphire

June 20, 2019 at 3:31 pm

At what point do we start sharing friend codes?

4632 8270 5921… Sapphz

• Alissiya

June 20, 2019 at 3:35 pm

You are going to be added by a HarleyLecter if that’s okay, it’s me

• Alissiya

June 20, 2019 at 3:38 pm

My friend code is 4597 9937 1321 if anybody wants a Ravenclaw pal!

• Shauntelle

July 9, 2019 at 3:20 am

@Alissiya I requested you. ( Not sure if that’s the right wording) first time I have used the friend code.

• CJB

Administrator
    June 20, 2019 at 4:28 pm

@Catherine and I have been playing in the office for the past hour.

• Catherine

June 20, 2019 at 4:32 pm

It’s “research”

• Augustus_Octavian

June 20, 2019 at 4:41 pm

Guys. This game is wonderful.

• Sellalellen

June 20, 2019 at 4:43 pm

That’s some very important work you’re doing :joy:

• Miliham

June 20, 2019 at 4:48 pm

i’m 2777 7549 5375. Miliham

• Strix

June 20, 2019 at 4:58 pm

4396 3756 0030, my name is StrixPoison (someone already beat me to my username :pensive: ) a Ravenclaw

• Sapphire

June 20, 2019 at 5:16 pm

I’m impressed, there is no signal on any phone network where I live. However! There is a greenhouse just on the edge of my WiFi.

Can’t reach it from the sofa, not expecting to find much else about, but I have my own remote greenhouse!

• Teejafaw

June 20, 2019 at 5:21 pm

Jealous! :angry: Hand over that greenhouse! :smile:

The closest one to me is a small walk away.

• CJB

Administrator
    June 20, 2019 at 5:33 pm

Meanwhile in Manhattan:

We’re going to have to shut down Ackerly Green. We’re never going to get any work done.

• Sapphire

June 20, 2019 at 5:36 pm

O.o wow!

I love how many flags you have showing hot points. I’ve only seen 1 near my office and it’s a dark arts hot point.

• Teejafaw

June 20, 2019 at 5:36 pm

Ah! I’m going to have to visit! That’s insane.

• Ashburn

June 20, 2019 at 5:46 pm

According to some research, it sounds like a number of phones that can play PoGo can not play WU for some ridiculous unspecified reason. And mine is on that list.

Shenanigans. Shenanigans everywhere.

• Nimueh

June 20, 2019 at 6:14 pm

There’s a list? :eyes:

• Ginger

June 20, 2019 at 5:47 pm

Cries in Canadian because it won’t let me play

• Teejafaw

June 20, 2019 at 6:07 pm

So, those that are in, what are you planning on becoming? At the moment I’m looking like a pure damage Auror.

• Sapphire

June 20, 2019 at 6:23 pm

Can you share the options?

• Teejafaw

June 20, 2019 at 6:32 pm

The options are:

Auror: Seems to be a damage focused class based on just beating on enemies. Upgrades are related to damage and critical chance, with some health bonuses. A few hexes and a lot of opening burst it looks look. Three capstones are 25% precision vs Death Eaters, 50% critical power vs foes with 100% stamina and 20% Protego power vs Dark wizards.

They beat Dark Arts and are beaten by Beast.

Magizoologist: Looks like a healer/support class.They have stamina restoration for allies and a revive. They’re best when not being attacked and in the backline, as a lot of their buffs come from having high health, whereas Aurors rely on enemies having low health.

They beat beasts but are bad against curiosities.

Professor: Is a bit of a mix between the two. They’re a support class that debuffs enemies by inflicting them with “Impairments” which harm them whenever they attack or defend. This seems better in groups, but looks like it can be pretty lethal just by itself to be honest. They have some minor healing abilities and some pretty sweet defence stuff going on.

They beat curiosities but are bad against dark arts.

Just my opinions from so far and what is available to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can expand on that if anyone wants?

• Sapphire

June 20, 2019 at 6:39 pm

Thank you.

Based on that I’m mostly pulled to professor.

Not sure I’m likely to be playing much as part of a group, and the balance of healing and attack sounds more pleasing than jumping on the warrior/healer wagons.

I’ll probably level up to that at lunch tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Got to say there seems to be a lot more to it than ingress or Pokémon go had when I used to play them.

• Teejafaw

June 20, 2019 at 6:55 pm

Professor spells are:

Deterioration Hex: Reduces stamina of enemy every time they attack or defend.

Mending Charm: Restore a Teammate’s stamina by a small amount.

The Protection Charm: Increases defence of teammate.

Proficiency Charm: Increases whole team’s proficiency power.

Interesting upgrades are these:

Improved Deterioration Hex: Each upgrade increases stamina damage dealt by 10 x 2.

Deterioration Hex Maxima: Increase stamina damage dealt by 10 x 3.

Mending Charm Maxima: +2 Stamina Restored

Defence Charm: +2% Defence x 4.

Suggests that professor’s passive damage/DoT is madness but their healing is pretty poor.

Edit: Looking at that Deterioration damage, I’m almost tempted to swap myself, that looks insane.

• Sapphire

June 20, 2019 at 7:03 pm

3 from 4 spells are to influence your team mates. I wonder if that includes boosting NPCs.

Are the other classes stacked as heavily in favour of improving team performance, or do they have more of a personal influence element?

• Teejafaw

June 20, 2019 at 7:09 pm

I’ll only post the class stuff! No spoilers! :stuck_out_tongue:

Aurors have:

Weakening Hex: Lower a foe’s power.

Bat-Bogey Hex: Reduce stamina by a small amount (this is tiny).

Focus Charm: Transfer focus from you to someone else.

Confusion Hex: Reduce Defence, Dodge and Defence Breach. (If you block an attack, you take some damage, I assume this makes that damage less.)

Magizoologists have:

Stamina Charm: Seems like a decent heal? I don’t have any numbers on it since I’ve not unlocked it.

Mending Charm: A weaker heal?

Revive Charm: Revives an ally.

Bravery Charm: Boost whole team power against elite foes.

• Catherine

June 20, 2019 at 7:23 pm

I’m a Professor!!!

• CJB

Administrator
              June 20, 2019 at 7:28 pm

Auror!

• Augustus_Octavian

June 20, 2019 at 7:51 pm

Professor! (I can’t say no to Minerva McGonagall).

• CJB

Administrator
              June 20, 2019 at 7:03 pm

This is all super helpful and I am also shielding my eyes so that I don’t get spoiled!

• Tinker

June 20, 2019 at 6:51 pm

I’m in! Thank goodness for university campuses, because there’s A TON around me!

• Teejafaw

June 20, 2019 at 7:48 pm

portakey

You’ll LOVE these.

• Rimor

June 20, 2019 at 8:51 pm

What is the app actually called?

I have Android version 7 but I can’t see the app anywhere

• CJB

Administrator
    June 20, 2019 at 9:03 pm

If you want to be my friend:

0907 3123 8779

• Rimor

June 20, 2019 at 9:18 pm
    • Ashburn

June 20, 2019 at 10:27 pm

Yeah, if your device is on that list, you can only get to the app listing from an external link. :aethereyeroll:

If it doesn’t change its mind by tomorrow, I’m finding contact info and asking for a clear, concise explanation why I can play PoGo but not this.

• Teejafaw

June 20, 2019 at 10:23 pm

It seems like a lot of stuff gets more difficult at night, and new things come out in the dark as well?

• kaitlyn_quach

June 24, 2019 at 12:13 am

Yeah, last night a vampire appeared in my house!! It was a pretty challenging fight.

• Teejafaw

June 24, 2019 at 1:15 am

I’ve been getting only vamps recently!

Their animations feel like they go on for too long.

• kaitlyn_quach

June 24, 2019 at 1:40 am

Have you fought a Horned Serpent before? They get to attack up to four times in a row (though I’m still not sure what determines whose turn it is in combat yet), and the last one I fought brought my stamina to zero. I’ve also run into an Erkling, but they’re easy to fight. This game makes me want to walk around my neighborhood at night, looking for more oddities!

• Teejafaw

June 24, 2019 at 1:42 am

They’re great for exp when you combine farming them with a brainy potion! 1k each. Probably more if you prestige them!

I also have literally no idea what half the arbitrary things that happen are about in this game!!!

Maybe Aurors have it easier in unprepared combat but I seem to be able to do fine.

Edit: I just prestiged my third page.

Edit: Fourth page.

Edit: Fifth page prestiged.

• CJB

Administrator
    June 20, 2019 at 11:04 pm

When I’m home, I am juuuuuuust out of reach of two inns and a greenhouse, and nothing spawns near me. My life is over. :sob:

• Teejafaw

June 20, 2019 at 11:22 pm

Psst… If you hold your hand/body/duvet over your phone in the right way, your character will drift a little in random directions.

• CJB

Administrator
        June 20, 2019 at 11:33 pm

This is the information I’m looking for. :purple_heart::sparkles:

• Augustus_Octavian

June 21, 2019 at 1:55 am

I am near nothing at my house. Like absolutely nothing. I have an inn and a fortress at my work, though!

• meadhbh-hawtin

June 20, 2019 at 11:46 pm

I’m still waiting for it to release OTL I’m hoping installing it in the US before I leave means I can play worldwide but I might have to wait

• Anicetus

June 21, 2019 at 1:00 am

Just started the game, here’s my code if you want to add me. 9261 9032 7149

• TheMadHare

June 21, 2019 at 2:01 am

I’m waiting on it to drop here in Canada. Turns out that wizardry obeys timezones :disappointed_relieved:

• Teejafaw

June 21, 2019 at 3:15 am

Not having any energy recharge is quite painful!

I’ve been nudging myself by pushing the limits of drifting so I can reach a distant inn for the most part.

I’ve been planting in places I’m not going to reap any benefits from but that’s netted me a badge so that makes me happy.

I feel like I’ve hit a definite soft-wall though.

I’m full on ingredients I can’t do anything with yet, I’ve got no energy, and I’ve been abandoning most of my encounters because they’re worthless to me at this point and just energy expenditures, which are oddly hard to actually succeed at.

I’ve even filled out my pockets with water cans and seeds, and I was relentlessly planting all day!

At least I feel fit! :sweat_smile:

Condolences to everyone who isn’t in yet, I’m about to use up all my locked thingies and spin around the living room like mad.

Edit: Luna Lovegood just got abducted by a fire breathing chicken, not a spoiler.

Edit Edit: I forgot to ever post my friend code: 5504 1703 2911

Edit Edit Edit: It looks like you get massively boosted foodstuffs in the morning hours. Also, I’m between three high quality inns. Woot!

• FrerePapillion

June 21, 2019 at 12:01 pm

Here is my friend code:

9415 9854 8417

• hannah-thomas

June 21, 2019 at 12:20 pm

The downside to living away from a quiet area is that there is a single inn about 5 minutes away from me and that is it. I’ll have to wait until I’m back at uni before I can really go for it.

Also, friend code is 9054 8786 3871 if anyone wants it

• oraclesage-2

June 21, 2019 at 1:06 pm

My work is literally within walking distance from historic downtown and it is killing me seeing all those inns and fortresses on the horizon.

• Ashburn

June 21, 2019 at 1:18 pm

If PoGo is anything to go by, I would pretty much be sitting in something at work right now. :laurencry:

Edit: I looked up how to contact support and dusted off my twitter. I thought I was civil about it, if nothing else. Hopefully there’ll be a satisfactory answer.

• Ashburn

June 21, 2019 at 2:11 pm

:spiritseergimme: :spiritseergimme: :spiritseergimme:

I think I found a way in!

YESSSSS!

• Ashburn

June 21, 2019 at 2:20 pm

After I bitterly received the “the game is out now” email, I saw they had the Samsung store listed as a way to play it.

And it’s letting me!

Friend code! 5211 8715 8532

• meadhbh-hawtin

June 21, 2019 at 2:34 pm

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

• Teejafaw

June 21, 2019 at 3:41 pm

Glad for everyone who got in, and I’m sure it’ll be out soon for everyone else hopefully!

Game feels so arbitrary and obscure sometimes, so many randomly unknowable mechanics that I just don’t really get!

• Nimueh

June 21, 2019 at 3:47 pm

okay, I’m downloading the APK file and hopefully that’ll let me play :crossed_fingers:

• meadhbh-hawtin

June 21, 2019 at 4:08 pm

Finally made it in!! It’s…less intuitive than I hoped, but still.

• oraclesage-2

June 21, 2019 at 4:19 pm

Made it to level six :exclamation:

I am officially serving the ministry as a Magizoologist, dreams really do come true :cjheart:

• Ashburn

June 21, 2019 at 4:45 pm

I went with being a professor. :martysly:

• Ashburn

June 21, 2019 at 5:37 pm

My usual building has a fortress right outside! :deirdreexcited:

Also, fortress battle was a pain to figure out how to attack. But I got it. :simon:

• Nimueh

June 21, 2019 at 5:45 pm

I’m in!!! Or I will be when my wifi co-operates.

• Tinker

June 21, 2019 at 5:59 pm

I was super stuck between professor and auror but i went with auror :joy:

• Nimueh

June 21, 2019 at 7:54 pm

So, apparently I can’t load into the first collecting thingy…

• Sapphire

June 21, 2019 at 8:12 pm

Are any other Ravenclaws annoyed at the retro change from eagle to raven or is that just me?

I usually silently fume about it, but Wizards Unite uses both and I think that’s annoying me more than the change to a raven…

• Ashburn

June 21, 2019 at 8:21 pm

Honestly, I’m so used to WB using the raven and the blue/gray that the eye-rolling just sort of runs in the background.

• Nimuir

June 22, 2019 at 1:20 am

I haven’t really dabbled much in Wizards Unite but this reminded me to come back to it!

If there’s any benefit in having international friends, my code is 6881 2655 8062 (Nimuir), I’m another Ravenclaw :slight_smile:

• BrokenVoid

June 22, 2019 at 2:11 am

Yup, this is exactly what I was expecting, same thing as with Pokémon go and Ingress. Fortunately I’m moving into the city in a couple months so I’ll have stuff around. Friend code is 0026 7572 7536 for yet another Ravenclaw.

• Rowan

June 22, 2019 at 5:03 am

Also, here’s me

4065 6793 6722

WIZARDS_UNITE_24062019_004551

• Nimueh

June 22, 2019 at 2:00 pm

I’m in!! Here’s my friend code: 4605 2587 8497

• TheMadHare

June 22, 2019 at 2:02 pm

Geez, it still isn’t out for me! :rabbit2:

• Nimueh

June 22, 2019 at 2:09 pm

Is it not out, or is it just not showing in the app store?

• TheMadHare

June 22, 2019 at 2:30 pm

I’ve still been listed under pre-registered, which is annoying only because I registered for it months ago and was in the beta :kingrabbit:

• Ashburn

June 22, 2019 at 3:05 pm

:deirdreexcited:

Tap on your magical me person

Do it

Also, third work location is surrounded by 6 inns, can be within reach of at least two in nearly any given part of the building. :hermanthumbs:

• TheMadHare

June 22, 2019 at 3:10 pm

I tried so hard and got so faaaar,

But in the end, it doesn’t even matter!

:microphone:

Garsh dang Play Store just doesn’t agree with me on the best of days.

• Nimueh

June 22, 2019 at 4:45 pm

I don’t have quite so many, but my house is within 5 mins walk of 3 inns and 3 greenhouses! I thoguht I’d have nothing near me at all!!!

• Ashburn

June 22, 2019 at 5:16 pm

Oh, I have to walk at least half a mile from home to get to any buildings. :sweat_smile:

• Teejafaw

June 22, 2019 at 5:46 pm

We’re going to have to start restaurant chains.

• CJB

Administrator
    June 22, 2019 at 10:06 pm

Just got to our hotel after dropping our daughter off at summer camp:

• TheMadHare

June 23, 2019 at 2:44 pm

Geez, if only my area looked like that! My friend code is 0514 2924 3677

• Teejafaw

June 23, 2019 at 5:09 pm
  • Ashburn

June 23, 2019 at 6:44 pm

I’m being hit by bugs today. It only counted my second go at a fortress, and none of my foundables, toward my daily goals. :eavessweat:

• Teejafaw

June 23, 2019 at 9:29 pm

I got my daily rewards twice in like 10 minutes and my quests reset after I’d finished them. I think there must have been a time-jump or something?

• Teejafaw

June 23, 2019 at 10:40 pm
  • kaitlyn_quach

June 24, 2019 at 12:23 am

Ahh! I love this game and I just sent friend request to everyone who gave their code! Mine is 0490 2152 9256 !

I’m a Ravenclaw and Professor

• Ginger

June 24, 2019 at 1:17 am

I’m finally in!

This is nifty

Friend code: 8547 1063 2349

The awkward moment when you have to wait for the rest of the world to get the game, so you give up on finding an available username and don’t really remember what you picked :sweat_smile:

• Ashburn

June 24, 2019 at 3:10 am

Was it MistPhantom? I feel like it was MistPhantom out of the three I just accepted.

Very reminiscent of the original Pottermore names. Which I almost wish I’d used because it fit so well with my fanfic that my name here came from.

It was GhostPhoenix33.

• Johquil

June 24, 2019 at 1:21 am

I finally got some time to friend all of you above :slight_smile:

Now I’m trying to play this and PoGo simultaneously, more fool me :laughing:

Hufflepuff/Magizoologist (because it’s all I ever wanted): 5411 9281 2944

• Teejafaw

June 24, 2019 at 1:28 am

Prestiged two of my pages, feels pretty good!

• Viviane

June 24, 2019 at 2:14 am

So, totally did not intend to do this, and we’ll see if I stick around, but…

Friend Code: 1575 6874 9354

Update: The park outside my apartment is apparently a Fortress, so that’s cool.

• Rowan

June 24, 2019 at 7:05 am

Man! Just spent 15 minutes or so adding everyone here whos shared their friend code! It’s gonna be so good!!!

Edit:

ALSO, Imma need something to do in the morning…

• Viviane

June 24, 2019 at 1:29 pm

Catch me collecting items when my bus stops because I come pre-programmed to loot everything.

Also: that’s not the wand movement for Alohomora. :woman_facepalming:

• Ashburn

June 24, 2019 at 1:40 pm

Yeah, bombarda’s different as well. And I’m pretty sure aguanenti is, too.

• WyrdOne

June 24, 2019 at 5:59 pm

My friend code is 5940 7308 8798

• Rowan

June 24, 2019 at 7:05 pm

Has anyone else had trouble with casting a Masterful spell then having the Confoundable vanish on you? I mean, I understand casting a Masterful isn’t a guaranteed catch, but I feel like I shouldn’t be losing then quite as often as I am. Over 50% of my Masterful casts have resulted in losing the Foundable altogether and it’s probably the most frustrating thing I’ve come across. Thoughts?

• Sapphire

June 24, 2019 at 7:47 pm

I’m yet to achieve masterful, mostly good casts :confused:

Do tend to get items being magiced away in batches. Then back to normal, yet to identify any reason. It’s deeply annoying, but less annoying than a great cast being resisted and the a follow up fair cast doing the job…

• kaitlyn_quach

June 25, 2019 at 12:13 am

Yeah, me too! One time I cast three masterful spells in a row and the confoundable still departed! Very frustrating.

• Rowan

June 25, 2019 at 12:58 am

That’s the worst! But I’m glad I’m not the only one that’s noticing this seeming issue. But that’s really been my only complaint about the game lol

• Teejafaw

June 25, 2019 at 2:09 am

It seems to only matter what colour you land on as a % chance to succeed.

You do get an exp bonus tho!

• flybat3

June 25, 2019 at 4:45 am

so the game finally worked for my phone…its kinda fun. I apparently have a greenhouse and a inn across the street from my house. I kinda already thought id have something over there since it uses the pokemon go/ingress data.

• Rowan

June 25, 2019 at 5:36 am

That’s always nice! I live close to main st in my area so it’s nice to get a little bit of portkey walking in on my way to and from fortresses and such!

• Viviane

June 25, 2019 at 1:37 pm

You guys, portkeys are the bomb dot com. They’re so cool looking!

• Sapphire

June 25, 2019 at 1:49 pm

Has everyone discovered master notes for potions?

Tap on the spoon, for a mini puzzle to increase speed of potion makring

• Augustus_Octavian

June 26, 2019 at 11:26 am

I discovered three so far, but they don’t save on the potion recipe!

• Catherine

June 26, 2019 at 1:03 pm

I think they save after you do it a few times!

• Augustus_Octavian

June 26, 2019 at 1:28 pm

It saved for healing potion, but not some of the stronger potions with longer Master notes. I’ve been relying on screenshots. (So far. I’ll keep looking).

• Viviane

June 26, 2019 at 2:14 pm

Yeah, my understanding was you had to do it at least 3 times to save it in the recipe permanently.

• Augustus_Octavian

June 26, 2019 at 2:21 pm

It saved after one time for me for a healing potion.

• Tinker

June 25, 2019 at 5:10 pm

Does anyone know if there’s a way to turn on something like adventure sync from pokemon go? I don’t like leaving the app open while I’m walking if I’m not actively playing…but that means it’s not logging walking :sweat_smile:

• Ashburn

June 25, 2019 at 6:11 pm

I hope they add that in eventually, but to my knowledge there isn’t yet.

• Sapphire

June 25, 2019 at 8:28 pm

If you tip your phone back, so top goes lower than the bottom it turns the screen black with the SoS logo.

Similar thing maybe?

It’s a long while since I played Pokémon so not 100% on the feature you mentioned.

• Ashburn

June 25, 2019 at 8:29 pm

They added a feature fairly recently where you can sync your phone’s fitness tracker/pedometer thing to the game so you can work on eggs and buddy candy without having the game open.

• Sapphire

June 25, 2019 at 8:30 pm

Ok that’s pretty cool and not what I was thinking.

• kaitlyn_quach

June 26, 2019 at 5:31 pm

I can’t seem to find this; is it automatically activated, or do I have to manually turn it on in the settings?

• Ashburn

June 26, 2019 at 5:38 pm

In Pokemon Go? It is in the settings, they won’t automatically turn it on (people might say they’re tracking them and whatnot).

• kaitlyn_quach

June 28, 2019 at 3:17 pm

Oh wait, never mind! I got it confused. I looked it up and they said there currently isn’t a pedometer-syncing feature in the app yet but people have been demanding it and Niantic has definitely noticed. I hope they add it soon because I hate draining Kaitlyn’s battery for it :frowning:

• Sapphire

July 25, 2019 at 5:52 pm

They’ve announced they’re adding adventure sync :slight_smile:

• kaitlyn_quach

July 25, 2019 at 6:26 pm

YES, FINALLY!!! Long live my battery

• Tinker

July 25, 2019 at 6:34 pm

:cagsfabulous::cagsfabulous::cagsfabulous:

finally!!!

• Catherine

June 25, 2019 at 7:22 pm

I’m not saying I came into the office today just because it’s conveniently located between two inns…but I’m also not not saying so…

• Ashburn

June 25, 2019 at 7:31 pm

I may or may not be looking forward to my late shift tomorrow for that exact unspoken reason. :steve:

• CJB

Administrator
    June 26, 2019 at 11:40 am
  • Sapphire

June 28, 2019 at 7:55 pm

Apparently this thread is from official Devs for the game + community on reddit

Currently known issues

• Ashburn

June 28, 2019 at 8:07 pm

With the daily tasks thing, I found that looking at the list before doing anything else that day will get everything to register properly.

• Bina

June 28, 2019 at 8:19 pm

That’s been working for me too, but sometimes I forget, do a bunch of stuff, and then open the list, only to find out that nothing registered, which is annoying.

• josephinekelly

June 29, 2019 at 12:18 am

So…uhh…does anyone else feel slightly bad fighting the centaurs? :grimacing: Can’t I just ask them if Mars is bright?

• Ashburn

June 29, 2019 at 1:35 am

I’ve fought them nearly enough times to get the sticker, I definitely feel that.

Maybe if they did the run away thing rather than keeling over it wouldn’t be so bad?

• Connielass

June 29, 2019 at 7:03 am

I’m just finding this thread. Downloaded the app, but as with PoGo, my area is pretty empty of ANY kind of activity or significant place. Anyway… my code is 1354 1337 0242. I’ll go through the thread on a different day and add people.

Those birds that randomly fly around… probably just decoration?

• Viviane

June 29, 2019 at 2:42 pm

I was wondering about that! I haven’t gotten the ministry paper airplanes in a trace at all since starting…:thinking:

• Ashburn

June 29, 2019 at 3:57 pm

They’re decoration, but I have found the ministry notes a couple times so far.

• Connielass

July 1, 2019 at 11:34 pm

There’s a fortress right across the road from my new job. :neutral_face:

• Viviane

July 2, 2019 at 12:44 pm

In case anyone else is going mad waiting for a chance to get Restricted Section books for their professions. coughprofessordisadvantagecough

• Viviane

July 2, 2019 at 1:02 pm

Also, has anyone else had really terrible experiences with Portkeys while not using AR+? It keeps moving my camera even when I’m holding my phone still so I can only see half of the room. :rage:

• Augustus_Octavian

July 2, 2019 at 1:49 pm

My favorite thing so far is casting Arresto Momentum on pixie confoundables (especially with the Hand of Glory). My least favorite thing is watching the tentacles on the disgusting pink Cthulhu-horse (aka Young Graphorn) flop around when it’s menaced by the fire confoundable.

• Ashburn

July 2, 2019 at 2:01 pm

I will second the drifting pixies and will add one-shotting the leprechauns to the dislike list. And anyone messing with the nifflers, baby or otherwise.

• Nimueh

July 2, 2019 at 2:46 pm

Ooo, so glad I’ve got nothing to do in work tomorrow!!!

• SparkyTheFallen

July 2, 2019 at 5:18 pm

I need some friends in Wizards unite!

• Ashburn

July 5, 2019 at 5:58 pm

“Go take a picture you could use for social media” she said at the meeting.

“Oh no, not another Pokemon game!”

• lesleydominic

July 9, 2019 at 1:31 am

Freeing a mooncalf and getting this look of pure appreciation afterwards makes me so happy every time. It’s the little things.

Also my code is 6420 0613 3290 if anyone wants to add! I’m a Ravenclaw Professor.

• Shauntelle

July 9, 2019 at 3:24 am

@Amruneth requested you too. Ravenclaw magizoologist.

• SparkyTheFallen

July 9, 2019 at 10:58 am

I am also a Ravenclaw! I sent you a request. I’m a magizoologist currently but may switch to Auror later

• lesleydominic

July 9, 2019 at 5:22 pm

There’s lots of Ravenclaw solidarity happening, I’ve only got 2 of my 10 friends so far that are from different houses! :nerd_face:

• Sapphire

July 9, 2019 at 6:01 pm

Ravenclaws are the best, but since most of the friends I have are self proclaimed bookworms from this forum, I’m not to surprised.

15R 10H 5S 2G

Find it irl too, the 2 most focused on houses in the books are the ones people seem to associate less with.

Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs have less cannon, leaving more room for imagination.

• lesleydominic

July 9, 2019 at 6:13 pm

True, the number of Ravenclaws here isn’t surprising just based on the nature of this forum. Most of my friends irl are actually Gryffindor or Hufflepuffs though, I’m only 1 of 2 Ravenclaws in my extended circle. So it’s nice to see so many others here!

• kaitlyn_quach

July 9, 2019 at 9:59 pm

I didn’t realize the game had a broomstick animation if you leave it open while driving in a car as a passenger! So cool, I love it!!! :laughing:http://agforum-media.s3.dualstack.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/original/2X/0/009fe11de9ff70f22b6bce12a0f2d6db30c92425.MOV

• Remus

July 10, 2019 at 1:27 am

Oof, I finally caught up on this! I added everyone on the thread (RemusSargin is the tag), but if anyone wants to add me in the future, my code is 3268 1238 5432! And I’m a Hufflepuff professor!

• Ashburn

July 14, 2019 at 4:07 am

I got all the shiny friends :deirdreexcited:

So glad I found enough portkeys to get the snargaluff (and that they showed up after the event was technically over).

• Bina

July 25, 2019 at 5:54 pm

Oh thank goodness

• Rimor

July 25, 2019 at 6:05 pm

It’s still not fully available on Android!! :expressionless:

Page 1 of 2