A Balimoran Gathering!

• A Balimoran Gathering!

Posted by Nimueh on May 14, 2019 at 5:16 pm

So, we’ve never really had a welcome topic in here (besides the couple of individual introductions), and after a thought (cough reading Viv’s thread cough), we should probably have one over here.

Old and new members alike, pull up the nearest of the assorted chairs that Steve has collected and wave at us :smiley: Feel free to either expand on what you said on the Welcome topic, or chip in to get to know your other guild memebers. We have a couple of old topics around here on what it is to be a Bali, but you can share your own initial thoughts in here too :slight_smile:

Robert replied 2 years, 2 months ago 28 Members · 73 Replies
  • 73 Replies
  • Nimueh

May 14, 2019 at 5:41 pm

Okay, I’ll start.

Hey, I’m Nimueh (Nim’s fine), and I’m one of the guild leaders for Bali (alongside the wonderful Helios). I choose the name after the Lady of the Lake in Arthurian legend (yep, just like Viv). Love all things Arthurian, and what makes it even cooler is I’m from Wales, so right in the heart of it all.

I’m about to finish a BMus (like, I legit graduate in July), so as you can probably guess I’m into music. I play Flute, piano, sing, compose, arrange, and produce my own music for my youtube and soundcloud channels. I’m slowly working towards being a practicing pagan, have been for the past few years, and I am very much on the ecclectic end of the spectrum. Huge animal lover, really miss having having a pet, but Uni dorms don’t really allow that.

Honoured to make your acquaintances!

• thelastdruideldan

May 14, 2019 at 5:52 pm

Hullo,

Names aspen, after the tree of course (aspens are wonderful) I’m a chill cat, like to read, write, sing and draw… I like to do pretty much anything, I have an insatiable craving for knowledge. I love nature, and the world, but am not so fond of humans… that’s the way of it eh? any who I enjoy a good book or better a conversation, so if you ever want to talk I am always up for it. I like philosophy and looking at all the angles of an issue that I can. Mostly I just like to explore anything and everything. I still am in High School, graduate in a few weeks though… Also I think I am one hundred percent out of my mind, and it’s awesome, so hullo everybody, nicetomeetcha.

• Leaves

May 14, 2019 at 6:15 pm

Hi!

I’m Leaves, which has been my nickname for everything ever so it’s sorta fitting that I’m a Balimoran.

I love drawing, crocheting and playing video games. I’ve been trying to teach myself how to play violin and I played the flute for seven years in the school band.

I’ve always loved the urban fantasy genre where it’s almost like the real world but there’s undercurrents of magic and stuff so I am really excited that I found the Magiqverse!

One last thing about me is that I love animals, especially cats. Anything to do with cats! I love them. Send me pics of your cat(or any of your pets) and we’ll be instant friends.

• Robert

May 14, 2019 at 6:55 pm

Hi there. I’m Robert and I have a problem. I like working on puzzles and making weird theories and that’s why I’ve been here forever. If you want to know some random bit of TMP trivia, hollar and hopefully I can point you the right way.

When I have time without my two kids (3 and 5 years old) needing me, I like computer gaming and finding something to do to keep my mind occupied.

Anything you need. I’m often about.

• cjheighton1998

May 14, 2019 at 10:56 pm

Yes, hi! I have arrived! >:3

Names chi! People call me connor in real life, im happy with either name but i like my good friends calling me connor. Im a musician, as i said, particularly specialized as a guitarist and singer. I used to do game development when i was younger, but recently ive fallen into a rut the size of marianas trench and i never did end up freeing myself.

Im a massive foodie, and i love anything that looks great and tastes good. I have a particular penchant lately for asian food, and any noodle dishes tend to draw my attention. As for drink, im a huge advocate for earl grey tea, and its more complicated ally, london fog!

Im big on crafting, making anything that i think i can build. I particularly enjoy tailoring and woodworking, but i only really have the resources for a spot of clothing making.

Game wise, im a massive tabletop and dnd nerd, but im also a huge Live Action Role Player, too. I paly a game called amtgard, more full contact fighting sport than rpg. Ask me about it sometime, ill talk your ear off ^^

Im pretty quiet at first, and can be sometimes a tad irritable, but if you stick with me and keep me from running away, hopefully we can be friends.

• thelastdruideldan

May 14, 2019 at 11:20 pm

@Cj_Heighton, Used to do amtgard myself when I was a wee lad. I’ve been wanting to get back into it quite badly… Anywho, also a DnD nerd. would love to chat some time :slight_smile:

• cjheighton1998

May 15, 2019 at 2:51 am

Which chapter were you with? What kingdom? Im in blackspire…? I think? Viridian outlands.

• thelastdruideldan

May 15, 2019 at 3:05 am

em… I dunno I was like 6, with my dad the last time I went… I think it was something like mistyvale? I honestly don’t really remember.

• thelastdruideldan

May 15, 2019 at 3:06 am

kingdom of westmarch.

• cjheighton1998

May 15, 2019 at 4:43 am

Ah jeeez. Westmarch is a ways from here. Cool to see.

Edit: I WAS WRONG ITS THE LANDS LITERALLY RIGHT BELOW ME. Thats so cool 0w0!

• thelastdruideldan

May 15, 2019 at 6:34 am

Oh heck yeah!!! yeah, I play a bard :joy::joy:

• cjheighton1998

May 16, 2019 at 10:05 pm

Nearly paragon assassin, here. Level 6. Bit of effort on fighter and bard, too.

• thelastdruideldan

May 17, 2019 at 12:07 am

Oi, now that’s pretty cool!!

• josephinekelly

May 14, 2019 at 11:11 pm

sets out tray of muffins

I’m going by Sorrel hereabouts. I have one of those job things that I have to do all day and is not interesting. When I’m not doing that I spend my time trying to pry stories out of my brain (the stories, for their part, do their utmost to stay stuck in there) and tending to the needs of an exceedingly snuggly dog and his grumpface lizard brother. I’m a ridiculous Middle-earth fanatic and watching the films with me is either great or terrible depending on how much the people around me want to know about the history of Galadriel.

I was a bit confused by my placement in Balimora at first, but then I remembered my favorite kinds of stories when I was little were the ones about people disappearing into the woods to be raised by animals or fairies. The more I thought about it the more sense it made, though I believe I fit best as a Balithorn polyguild.

Seems like we have a few musical folks about! I’m not the musician sort myself, but I’m a decent (if out of practice) dancer.

• Nimueh

May 15, 2019 at 8:18 am

OMG, another Tolkein fan! I feel ya, my friends never understand how cool it is that Elrond’s basically related to everyone, lol.

• jameshonke

May 14, 2019 at 11:50 pm

Hi, I’m Bookchin! I’m a PolSci graduate from the UK and something of a fan of the American political philosopher (hence the name) who was fittingly the founder of social ecology. I currently have a job that is so dull that it makes my brain burst so I spend most of the day thinking about basically anything, with magiq currently topping the list. Soon I get to do my favourite job though and work as an Outdoors counsellor in the US, so that’s exciting!

I love video games, D&D, sports and being outdoors in nature, so being Balimoran really speaks to me.

• josephinekelly

May 15, 2019 at 3:15 am

The phrase “a Balimoran welcome” sounds like a reference to the guild’s tendency for perplexing and unpredictable greetings. Folks would never know if they’re going to get headbutted, howled at, showered with whirlygigs, or handed a flying squirrel to watch over for the rest of the evening.

• Smokey

May 15, 2019 at 5:39 am

I’m Smokey, which is a name I earned the hard way last year. I may or may not have set a tent on fire. I’m a hunting and wilderness guide in Colorado, which suits me fine in a “Do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life.” Though I don’t think whoever coined that phrase had to put shoes on an impatient horse.

On the flip side of that I’m a huge nerd too, dming my own 5th Ed campaign (sorta van helsing, innistrad inspired) watch anime, and enjoyed Love, Death and Robots almost too much.

• josephinekelly

May 15, 2019 at 4:51 pm

I haven’t seen all of Love, Death, and Robots yet but I love the sci-fi short storyness of it! I really loved the steampunk one with the fox spirit. I’d watch or read more in that world for sure.

• Smokey

May 15, 2019 at 5:02 pm

I agree, there isn’t enough good steampunk out there. I’ve watched it several times and it would be easier to name the ones I didn’t like as much than the ones I did.

• Glace

May 16, 2019 at 3:41 am

Hi hi! Glace here!

I’ve just finished both reading and hurriedly skimmed (mostly out of excitement) everyone’s greetings.

Hmm a bit about me:

I work as a case manager for adults who have intellectual and developmental disabilities. I get to help them lead as independent and full quality lives as possible. I’m from California. Not only am I one of the more recent Balimorans to join, I am also a Libra! I am social by nature, an extrovert by granted title from all of the introverts I’ve claimed as my favorite people and best friends.

Just like @Sorrel I wasn’t so sure about my placement into Balimora, but took some time to further reflect and I’ve always been so drawn to the beauty and mystery of nature. A ray of light breaking through tree branches into a clearing; the reassuring yet potentially ominous feeling of the wind behind me.

I’m so glad to meet you all!

• Helios

May 16, 2019 at 9:31 pm

Hey all I’m Helios!

I’m also part of the Chaos Quorum as a guild leader. I chose my name ages ago when working on a religious history project in high school.

I’m currently a Political Science undergrad with an emphasis in International politics and a minor in Legal Studies. In my free time I volunteer at my campus radio station and involve myself on/off in a few clubs (history, super smash bros, poli-sci). I used to have serious time dedicated to playing piano and clarinet but after I started uni I lost most of that time. I also play video games here and there.

• alainajarisz

May 16, 2019 at 10:46 pm

Hi everyone! I am DarkNova and I just joined here a weekish ago. I’m excited to get all the readings done so I can finally figure out exactly what’s going on :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I did my bachelor’s in archaeology, which was a fantastic but not doing much with it these days and am going back to school again next year. I love the outdoors, camping, hiking, swimming, etc. I also love fantasy and horror movies (I like to think I have a dark and edgy side).

@Sorrel and @Nimueh greeting I am also a giant Tolkien fan! They just played all the Lord of the Rings on the IMAX in my city and seeing them on the big screen again was just… :heart_eyes:

• josephinekelly

May 17, 2019 at 12:45 am

Yeeaaaaahhh! More Tolkien people! Maybe someone will finally understand my First Age humor! :stuck_out_tongue:

• alainajarisz

May 17, 2019 at 1:39 am

It’s been awhile since I read the Silmarillion so I’m a little rusty with all the names (pretty sure there are more names in that book than there are words in the dictionary) but I urge you to hit me with all the first age jokes. Do your worst :sunglasses::sunglasses:

• cjheighton1998

May 17, 2019 at 12:52 am

Man, you dont wanna know how long its taken xP

• Smokey

June 6, 2019 at 3:36 am

Hey, figured this was the best place to post this, but just so everyone knows, I’ll be on sporadically most of the summer doing stereotypical Balimoran things. Hit me up if you want, just know I might be slow to respond.

Also keep an eye on Mountie Adventures, cuz I’ll be posting updates there as regularly as I can.

Thanks all, and Good Hunting

• Rabbitfighter

June 9, 2019 at 2:32 am

Hey everybody! I just delved into all this yesterday, so I’m still sort of getting my bearings. I already made an introductory post in the main forum welcome thread, so I don’t want to repeat myself too much, but I did want to say hello to my new guildmates! I’m looking forward to getting to know everybody and making new friends. I’ve noticed a lot of us are musicians, and wonder if folks might want to collaborate sometime. My Balimoran traits seem to manifest in hiking and exploring forests, and my love of animals. I’m also an anarchist, and very comfortable in chaos- or situations and environments which my seem chaotic from the outside looking in. I’m on Chapter 10 of The Monarch Papers: Flora & Fauna, so I’m still working to catch up, so I have a deeper understanding and can participate in the community fully.

• Adare

June 17, 2019 at 9:07 pm

Hi fellow Balimorans!

Thought I’d introduce myself to you folks :smile:

Balimora seemed an insanely accurate fit for me, and seemed very natural… (excuse the pun)

I have a degree in environmental science so my fascination with the natural world is hardly a secret! Not only that, but Balimora’s affinity with decay, destruction and rebirth fits with my current dream of one day starting a funeral service offering human recomposition (or composting if you want to get to the bare bones of it) in order to speed the return to the earth and provide new life to other organisms. Yes, its a bit of a morbid dream, but it feels like reincarnation in action!

I also found it interesting that this isn’t the first time I’ve been linked with being a seer… In the Wizarding World, a Silver Lime wand chose me, and those prefer to work with Seers. Still haven’t found my medium yet though!

Anyway, that was a bit too much about myself, but I’m so happy to meet you all and can’t wait to find out more about you :slight_smile:

Adare :herb:

• josephinekelly

June 18, 2019 at 5:06 pm

Welcome, new folks! :leaves::leaves: I am also newish, and I’ve been enjoying myself immensely!

@Rabbitfighter A musical collaboration would be awesome! I’m not musically inclined myself so I’m in awe of people with the skills.

@Adare your dream is so lovely! It would be so great if there were more options like that available to us. I so very much want to be a tree!

I also resonated with the ‘seer’ aspect of Balimora…someone has to watch the chaos and make stories out of it, after all!

• Teejafaw

June 19, 2019 at 4:15 pm

Hey everyone! I’m very new to this, so it might take me a while to start properly getting involved, but I’m excited to at least meet you all. :smile: I guess I’ll be going by Teejafaw here. It felt right in the moment so I may as well stick with it, feel free to make whatever you want out of it!

I’m absolutely unsurprised that I turned out Balimora. :leaves: I absolutely love nature, like, seriously love nature. I do some gardening, hide treats for the little critters in my garden as well as little water bowls on the rare occasion that we get sunny weather in England. :sunny: When I’m not in my garden, I’m probably in the woods or fields trying to talk to the squirrels :chipmunk: or the birds :owl:(and ultimately being rejected every time), just enjoying the atmosphere. I take a few pictures here and there but I’m definitely not a photographer of any calibre.

I love really vivid daydreaming, dozing about in various places, writing in my spare time and reading practically anything and everything that come to hand. It looks like I have a lot of reading up to be doing to catch up, but that’s pretty exciting to me!

I’m considering taking up an intern position in a social enterprise think-tank type thing, which sounds like a great start to finding a way to make a difference, and I’ll be starting a BA soon too, which is also very, very exciting and fresh.

I’ve read some of the other introductions, and I can’t wait to get to know everyone else, you all seem like awesome people! :smiley:

• sawatzky-noelle

June 29, 2019 at 4:27 am

Hey! So I joined a while ago but have sort of been lurking just catching up on the books and reading the forum. I wanted to officially say hi to my guild! I’m going by FossilBlood (its from a song by Ohia called Farewell Transmission which is a fantastically Balimoran song so I highly recommend giving it a listen), i’m 22 and live in Canada. I’m a mix media artist and I work at an escape room. When I was sorted into Balimora, I immediately knew that it was the right fit for me. I’ve always been a bit of a hippie, as a kid I grew up playing make-believe outside, staring at the clouds or pretending that my swing set was a spaceship. I lost a bit of my connection to nature in middle/high school but after moving in with my partner to a cute house close to the river and forest, I’ve rekindled my love for being outside, we have a garden and I try to get outside every day that it’s nice out because I realise how helpful it is for my mental health to get some sunlight.I feel like this community found me for a reason (almost like magic) because as a kid I always believed there was something more to this world, lurking under the surface, but I couldn’t articulate it and of course in the mainstream you are told pretty early on that magic is real. But now after overcoming a few personal obstacles I’m starting to feel like anything is possible under the right circumstances with the right energies. Anyways I’m very excited to see where this journey leads and hope I can learn something about myself and the universe!

• cjheighton1998

June 30, 2019 at 6:27 am

Welcome welcome! Where in canada are you? Im in bc, along with at least a couple of others.

Other than that, officially, welcome fossilblood to the fold! The balimora are a heck of a collective, but with a little luck i hope you stick around a while.

Im not very active on the forum but a lot of us use the discord for casual day to day. When you finally score an invite hmu

• sawatzky-noelle

July 1, 2019 at 8:29 pm

Hey thanks! I’m live in Manitoba, which is fine but it gets so cold in the winter that I can barely stand it. I’ve been to BC and it’s beautiful, eventually I might like to move out there (although I know its expensive). I

• cjheighton1998

July 1, 2019 at 10:20 pm

Ooo. Manitobas pretty nice too.

• swampwitch

July 2, 2019 at 3:56 pm

hi there- also a fellow lurker of the forums; i’ve only really recently gotten into this particular world, reading the first book, and kind of trying to catch up on the story- but i’ve been kind of wandering the threads here to generally get to know everyone and what this place is about.

i am swampwitch, kind of coincidentally placed in balimora. appropriate, i suppose. i’m still also somewhat learning what each of these guilds represent, but from my understanding of balimora it’s natural chaos, maintaining the balance with nature and its tumultuous possibilities. a very apt placement for me, since i pretty much take up all my time outside or among plants, or taking on far too many projects at once. i’m into gathering/foraging for local/nonlocal plants, collecting cool rocks, and natural uses for organic matter. i garden kind of extensively, and i like practical applications of plant matter with art and creating natural pigments/oils/salves.

kind of a hands-on sort of person; i like to paint, build things, and make my areas i study/draw in a whimsical sort of rainy forest (even if it’s in the city). i live currently in the southern US, in a massive bayou swamp area of the gulf coast. re; swamp witch.

lovely to meet y’all!

• Fury

July 19, 2019 at 11:21 pm

Hey all!

Names Fury. I picked it up in fire school (yes I’m a firefighter EMT) and it’s stuck since. I love literally anything outdoors and everything wolf or dog related. I want to eventually be a Wild lands Fire Marshall. I have been on the forums for a few months now and usually just lurk. Though recently I have been inactive due to a crappy phone malfunction that just got resolved.

Good to meet fellow Balimorans!

• Robert

July 20, 2019 at 12:17 am

Nice to meet ya, Fury! Pull up log and sit by the fire with us! Yeah…we are not good at this safety thing.

• Ignatius

July 20, 2019 at 2:40 am

@Fury Nice to meet a fellow EMS member! I however fall under Paramedic rather than Fire but if we’re being honest Firefighters and Paramedics are often together on calls, at least around here. I wish you luck with working up to Wild Lands!

For the record I’m not a Bali but I had to stop in and say hello!

• Fury

July 20, 2019 at 10:31 am

@Ignatius Ah. That we are.I’ll be working up to Paramedic as well but that won’t be for a while

• Hekate

July 30, 2019 at 1:26 pm

I’d been trying to figure out why I couldn’t post in here, and then I got my Trust Level 1 today; success!

Hekate here; I chose the name from the Greek goddess of witchcraft, magic, ghosts, darkness, and the moon.

In the “normal” world I’m currently a freelance theatre and performing artist, tarot reader, licensed massage therapist, life coach, and dragon-style folklore/mythology/fairy tale hoarder. I have crates of obscure fairy tales and the like from volunteering at my local library’s book sale fundraisers (whatever’s left at closing is up for grabs :wink::sunglasses: )

I used to do a lot of forum-based RPG in my high school days, ran a site for a while, but college, grad school, and life in general kind sucked that part of my soul away for a while.

I’m really excited by the interactive/immersive role this site plays with the books, and I will be eagerly working my way up the ranks to join in the action!

I was sorted into Balimora when I took the assessment waaay back in April. After I read Flora & Fauna I took it again and was sorted into Ebengard, but I feel more like a Balimora in my bones :bone::bone::wink: get it… bones, chaos, death, rebirth, natural order? You get it.

I just started TMP2 and am just as entranced as I was with the first in the series. I hope to be a generous member, and I look forward to getting to know you all better!

• Nimueh

July 30, 2019 at 1:48 pm

Great to meet you!!! Wow, we seem to be ecrewing a lot of tarot readers and greek myth nuts recently, and I have to say it’s amazing (not that I’m biased, lol)! I’d be very intrigued to hear some of those obscure fairy tales some time. I’ve been trying to get better aquainted with local tales myself recently, maybe we can set up a thread to share local lore/stories/fairy tales?

• Hekate

July 30, 2019 at 1:53 pm

That would be fantastic! Maybe some sort of “campfire stories” or something? I know that a lot of myths and lore and such have different endings, or different main action points/main characters depending on how they traveled across the globe and through time – it’d also be neat to see how many different versions we could collect there!

• Fury

August 2, 2019 at 5:24 pm

Welcome @Hekate. I love Greek mythology. Have fun exploring the community let us know if you need anything. @Nimueh is an awesome leader.

• Hekate

August 2, 2019 at 8:57 pm

Thanks! @Nimueh has been very helpful as I’ve been navigating the forum; as has literally everyone! I feel real lucky that I found this site (or it found me?) and that Balimora has been such a welcoming home-away-from-home :crystal_ball::skull_and_crossbones::evergreen_tree::deciduous_tree:

• Smokey

August 8, 2019 at 9:58 pm

Hey everybody. Still alive out here, though decent service is hard to come by. In town for the day so thought I’d check in and do a photo dump on the adventures thread. Hope everyone is well!

• Fury

August 9, 2019 at 11:23 am

Glad to hear from you Smokey.

• cheyyyme

August 15, 2019 at 12:22 am

uhhhh hi, i’m chey

i’m a notorious lurker but definitely try to help when and where i can

i had to take a huge step back from a lot of things for a year or so to sort out my health but i’m getting back into the swing of work/fun/rest balance

i’m a loyal follower of all things Steve and generally consider myself to be chaotic good

my adoration for nature and animals is only matched by my thirst for understanding – i’m a balimouth through and through

it’s so good to see you all here!

• Hekate

August 15, 2019 at 2:42 pm

The work/fun/rest balance struggle is real – I’m glad you’re here, chey!

• Kvornir

August 22, 2019 at 10:15 pm

Hey all! Finally got trust level 1, so now I can post in the guild. I have seen some of you around the forum already but here is a little about me:

I am an avid writer, reader and teacher. I have degrees in theology and culture and I love interacting with others, especially those who have different views than I do. I think we are all created that way so we can learn and grow together. I play dungeons and dragons s regularly, sometimes even writing my own (like a full blown star wars campaign). I play all sorts of video games, play guitar, paint occasionally, and drink lots of coffee. I love to hike and be in nature. Reading in a hammock is one of the best things ever.

I hope to be a published fantasy writer some day. I am pretty much an open book so ask me anything.

I really look forward to getting to know everyone a bit more! We have a pretty awesome guild!

• Hekate

August 22, 2019 at 10:25 pm

Congratulations!! :hermanthumbs::balimora:

Well met, and welcome, and aloha!

Theology and culture!? That sounds like a fascinating intersection to be studying. What led you there?

• BairnSidhe

August 29, 2019 at 8:44 pm

Hi all! I guess I made it through the thicket into the Balimoran Guild Hall. I’m Bairn and I’m a Balimoran. It’s funny, when I got back the first assessment, I could swear I’ve heard the word Balimora before somewhere… just not sure where. Magiq flows in interesting ways, huh?

About me, I’m a writer, a gamer, and I volunteer raising money to help sick kids for fun. (Not a humble brag, it is actually fun when your marathon is gaming not running.) My stress outlets include baking and poetry, and sometimes I customize dolls.

Ask me things, I’ve probably forgotten to include stuff.

• Hekate

August 30, 2019 at 1:13 pm

What kind of doll customization? I have a friend who used to run an antique doll restoration shop, and I’m fascinated by all things crafty!

• BairnSidhe

August 30, 2019 at 6:02 pm

Repainting and changing out the hair on ball jointed dolls, usually Monster High or Ever After High. So like I’ll strip off the factory paint and repaint the face, and use chalk pastels to blush the body and make it look realistic, and sometimes I’ll take the head off to fully remove the hair and replace it either with rerooting (all new hair inserted in the old hair plug holes) or a wig (wefts of hair stitched/glued into a cap shape).

• SirVanHoose

August 30, 2019 at 8:35 pm

Hello! I’m SirVanHoose but Jarred is my name feel free to call me as such, after all we are al friends here. I have been a member of the Balimora Guild ever since I first joined in 2017. I have been gone for a while but I never forgot this place. I’m sure very few of you remember me but that does not matter I’m back now and happy to be part of this again. Now a little bit about me, I am going to school for cultural anthropology and have finished my associates degree bit still have a long road ahead. I am a bit of a book worm ( if you have any book recommendations please let me know. I write story’s for my dnd group whom I play with often. That’s a simple summery of me, i’m sure we will all learn more about each other as we go along.

• Floradeana

September 3, 2019 at 2:37 pm

Howdy all. I’m Floradeana and was super excited to get placed in Balimora. I joined the forums a week or two ago and have really enjoyed how helpful, caring and interesting everyone is here. Still haven’t finished to first book yet because I got caught up in the forums and all the other sites that are mentioned in to first book. There is sooo much information to take in.

Growing up, I spent my summers at my grandparents where I grew to love nature by helping with the garden and observing nature. So this was definitely the best guild for me. I have a collection of house plants and pets as well.

In my spare time, I play video games (mostly just classic WoW), tend to my 3 pets (a dog, a cat and a bunny), take care of my super awesome plants, and watch way to much Youtube (GMM and Scishow are my faves). Other than that, I keep busy by being a mother, wife, part-time employ and college student (but took off this semester for my mental health).

Can’t wait to get to know more about you guys! :smiley:

• Hekate

September 4, 2019 at 1:16 am

So glad to have you here! Welcome!

Sounds like you keep very busy – I’m super proud of you for making sure to tend to your health. The world is crazy, and it’s hard to maintain the sane all the time. I look forward to seeing you around the forum!

• majicle

September 12, 2019 at 3:38 am

Hi all, I’m Maj. I introduced myself in the main thread about a month ago and have mostly just been reading threads since, as much as I’m able to anyway. Life has been keeping me busy as I’m working on separating from the military to pursue my dream of working in wildlife (working on my fisheries and wildlife degree now). I’m married with 2 littles and love games (Sims 4 magic pack just came out!), making things, hiking, swimming, and pushing my limits.

• Nimueh

September 12, 2019 at 9:25 am

I’m just about to pick up that Sims 4 pack! Been waiting on magic stuff of ages as I love making fantasy characters in the Sims (really miss The Sis Medieval).

• ulovetoast

September 12, 2019 at 4:47 pm

Hello!

I’ve only been around for a week, but I feel like I’ve fallen into the rabbit hole (with no intention of trying to crawl back out). The assessment put me in Balimora, and I’ve found my bearing to be Verdurant. The descriptions feel spot on, and it seems especially apropos since my name is (really!) Fox.

If you need me, I’ll be curled up in the root structure of our tree with a good book.

• cjheighton1998

September 12, 2019 at 9:42 pm

Hello from the upper branches, friend! Where’re you at with our little story? Im assuming caught up if you managed the second section of the guide.

• ulovetoast

September 12, 2019 at 9:45 pm

I’m finished reading all the available material so far, and I’m hopelessly hooked. I’m not quite at the level where I can interact fully, but I’m okay with watching things unfold =]

• BairnSidhe

September 13, 2019 at 1:07 am

@Fox Same! I’m excited though. I plan on attending Ascender’s funeral, even if I can’t participate. It’s fun to watch stuff happening, but I want to be in on the mystery soon.

• viki-ziemba

September 17, 2019 at 8:19 pm

Hi I’m Juniperus. I’ve been on the forum for some time but haven’t done my introduction here. Bring sorted into Balimora seemed perfect for me, it was as if it spoke directly to me. I discovered my bearing as well which is Maelisorn and made me feel even more home here.

I’m an animal and nature lover, naturally an introvert. I love making and doing things with my hands: knitting, sewing, writing, gardening. I am a paediatric nurse which is a challenge as much as it is fun. Recently joined a local medieval club, it’s allowed me to be more social and hands on with making period clothing to wear for our events. I have also been learning a bit of archery!

Looking forward to getting to know you guys more and being able to participate in in-world stuff soon, lots of exciting things are happening there!

• ulovetoast

September 17, 2019 at 8:33 pm

A medieval club sounds like so much fun!

• viki-ziemba

September 17, 2019 at 8:48 pm

It really is! My husband joined and got into the combat aspect of it (full armour, blunted swords) practicing different styles of medieval combat but since another female joined, we’ve been doing feasts, craft days (sewing, making armour, shields), learning old songs and dances so I’ve been more into that aspect of it

• josephinekelly

September 17, 2019 at 8:54 pm

That sounds so fun! I love folk dance and I wish there was more of it in the world! That’s awesome that you’re bringing in the crafting aspects to the club. I’ve always enjoyed learning old crafting skills…I’ve been wanting to learn drop spindle and card weaving for ages.

• viki-ziemba

September 17, 2019 at 9:53 pm

I have a drop spindle and I’ve practiced a bit, it was inspired by my love for knitting years ago and the fact that I was too awkward to use a spinning wheel. Have not yet tried card weaving but I do enjoy embroidery and cross stitch (not medieval). I just bought an embroidery scroll frame that I want to try card weaving on to make belts and other accessories for my medieval outfits

• BairnSidhe

September 19, 2019 at 10:22 pm

My Life Partner uses a drop spindle, he makes thread with it. I’m okayish with fiber arts, but I really don’t enjoy spinning as much as he does. We both love metalcrafting though.

• BairnSidhe

September 17, 2020 at 11:47 pm

Hey guys! A few other guilds already have their Day of Change threads up. Are we planning to do that soon and if so can I help any?

• Sellalellen

September 18, 2020 at 1:22 am

I think @Nimueh was planning to take care of that in the next couple days, but maybe if she isn’t planning on doing ome, you could start it. Basic premise is how do the guilds celebrate the day of change?

• Robert

September 18, 2020 at 1:31 am

You just inspired me @BairnSidhe